JBL FLIP 4 - Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Black
|Model Name||JBL FLIP 4 - Black|
|Sound clarity||20 KHz|
|Speakers Maximum Output Power||8 Watts|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing impressive stereo sound
- Built-in 3000mAh rechargeable li-ion battery Supports up to 12 hours of playtime
- Ipx7 waterproof means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge flip 4 in water
- JBL connect+ allows you to Link more than 100 JBL connect+ enabled speakers together to amplify the party
- Dual external passive radiators demonstrate just how powerful your speaker is
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Visible screen diagonal
0" / 0 cm
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
For more than 60 years, the JBL brand has delivered products that exemplify the technology and expertise gained through our leadership in professional sound reproduction. The JBL name has been synonymous with the precise, naturally articulated sound found in many of the world’s most prestigious locations, including clubs, cinemas and recording studios, and live-music reinforcement in venues ranging from concert halls to outdoor stadiums. We’ve taken this expertise and applied it to exciting audio products for your home, car, portable media player, boat, computer and gaming systems. Whatever and wherever, the JBL brand is the one that audio consumers trust because it’s the brand audio professionals rely on. If great sound matters, there is a JBL solution with your name on it.
JBL FLIP4 GRAY
Portable, Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
JBL Flip 4 is the next generation in the Flip series; it is a portable Bluetooth speaker that delivers surprisingly powerful stereo sound. This compact speaker is powered by a 3000mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery that offers 12 hours of continuous, high-quality audio playtime. Sporting durable, waterproof fabric materials that are available in 6 vibrant colors, Flip 4 is the all purpose, all weather companion that takes the party everywhere. It also features a built-in noise and echo cancelling speakerphone for crystal clear conference calls, and JBL Connect+ technology that can wirelessly links more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience. With a simple button press, you can activate and talk to Siri or Google Now from your JBL Flip 4.
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming
- 12 hours of playtime
- IPX7 Waterproof
- JBL Connect+
- Voice Assistant Integration
- Lifestyle Material
- JBL Bass Radiator
All purpose, all weather companion for your music.
Wireless Bluetooth Streaming
Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing impressive stereo sound.
No more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge Flip 4 in water.
JBL Connect +
Link more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers together to amplify the party.
JBL Bass Radiator
Hear the bass, feel the bass, see the bass. Dual external passive radiators demonstrate just how powerful your speaker is.
Compare with similar items
JBL Flip 4 is the next generation in the award-winning Flip series; it is a portable Bluetooth speaker that delivers surprisingly powerful stereo sound. This compact speaker is powered by a 3000mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery that offers 12 hours of continuous, high-quality audio playtime. Sporting durable, waterproof fabric materials that are available in 6 vibrant colors, Flip 4 is the all purpose, all weather companion that takes the party everywhere. It also features a built-in noise and echo cancelling speakerphone for crystal clear conference calls, and JBL Connect+ technology that can wirelessly links more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience. With a simple button press, you can activate and talk to Siri or Google Now from your JBL Flip 4. Charging time (hrs)3.5 and Output power (W)2 x 8.
1 x JBL Flip 4; 1 x Micro-USB Ladekabel; 1 x Quick Start Guide 1 x Safety Sheet; Warranty Card
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
JBL Flip 4
- Best quality sound of the 3 (amazing quality - very similar to Bose Soundlink Mini)
- No noticeable crackle at max volume with high treble in music
- Strongest/deepest bass (my table was shaking on max volume)
- Very loud max volume
Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM
- Smaller than JBL 4 but larger than Bose Micro
- Crackling at max volume for some songs with high treble (Was not expecting this)
- Bass is not as strong (very slight bass)
- Very loud max volume (similar to JBL 4)
Bose SoundLink Micro Bluetooth
- Smallest of the 3
- Max sound was at 75% that of JBL 4/Ultimate Ears
- Sounds "muffled" and not clear (quality is not even close to that of Bose Soundlink Mini)
- Exposed charging slot (is this really waterproof?)
Overall - I would pick JBL (amazing quality & very similar to Bose Soundlink Mini, but waterproof!) and Ultimate Ears for portability (75 % size of JBL 4). The Bose Micro, although very small, had really poor quality sound for the price (most disappointing).
First, the Cambridge SoundWorks OontZ Angle 3 PLUS Bluetooth Speaker with 30-Hour Playtime - Richer Bass Greater Sound Quality & 10W+ Loud Volume, Water Resistant Splashproof, Portable Wireless Speaker , is a slightly larger version of the best-selling speaker on Amazon with over 17,000 reviews and a $30 price tag, and this only costs $5 more, so why not give it a shot? I chose Anker SoundCore Sport XL Outdoor Portable Bluetooth Speaker - 16W Output and 2 Subwoofers, IP67 Waterproof & Dustproof, Shockproof, 66ft Bluetooth Range, 15H Playtime, Built-in Mic, USB Charging Port , partially because I have other Anker products that I'm pretty happy with, but also because the 66-foot advertised range seemed like it could come in handy if I were working in the backyard with my phone in my pocket and the speaker sitting on the porch. I selected the GEEK BEATS JOLT5 10W X-Bass Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker and USB Power Bank - Green. IP65 Water and Dust Resistant with 5200mAh Samsung Battery. because it's the same price as the Anker, it has an average of 4.9 stars (wow!), and it can be used as a battery to charge your phone. And finally, I chose the JBL Flip 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Black) because in my search, I kept seeing the JBL Flip 3 pop up in reviews for other speakers, and this is the newest (and supposedly slightly better) version of that speaker.
Sound Comparison: Sitting in my living room and swapping around between the four options, it's clear that the Flip 4 is the most, well, clear. Considering it's also the most expensive, I kinda expected that to be the result. Surprisingly, the OontZ was a solid second place with a bit more rumble in its bass compared to the Flip 4 but at the cost of less clarity. The Anker and Jolt5 were noticeably flatter in their sound, seeming to favor the lows instead of an overall range, and this caused some distortion at higher volumes. When I took the speakers outside, it's a slightly different story. With the speakers on the patio, I walked into the yard about 25 feet and compared the sound quality again, and again I'd put the Flip 4 in the top spot. This time, however, I'd actually say the Anker was a solid number 2. At this distance, the distortion from having the volume up the whole way was not very noticeable and didn't detract from the music I was playing, and the Anker is a bit louder than the OontZ. The Jolt5 is a distant last place being not only flat but also not as loud. It's comparable to listening to the radio on a boombox from the 90s.
Bluetooth Range: With the speakers inside, all four started cutting in and out around the same spot about 30 feet away. It's around a corner, so having a wall in the way seems to even the odds here. Having an open space outside didn't seem to make a difference to the Jolt5, though, as it still broke up around 30 feet. The product page on Amazon says 33 feet, so that's pretty accurate. The OontZ fared a bit better and almost made it to the back gate about 60 feet away. The Anker is pretty spot on with its advertised 66-foot range as it went a bit further than the OontZ, even onto the other side of the gate and almost into the road. The Flip 4 was still going strong when I got to the other side of the road and couldn't go any further in a straight line, maybe 75 feet.
Other Things: Depending on what exactly you plan on using your speaker for, and just for comparison's sake, there are some differences that may be worth note:
-- All four speakers come with a mini-USB to USB charging cable but not the plug. If you've charged a cell phone in the last 10 years or so, however, you should probably already have one.
-- The Jolt5 and OontZ come with a 3.5mm cable so you can plug your phone right into it instead of using bluetooth (though all four speakers have this option, just not the cable).
-- The Anker and Jolt5 have a USB port so they can be used as a portable battery to charge your phone.
-- The Anker, Flip 4, and Jolt5 have hand straps. The OontZ does not come with one nor have a place to attach one.
-- The Anker, Flip 4, and Jolt5 have audible cues when they power on or off. The OontZ is silent. All four speakers do, however, make a noise when you successfully pair a device through bluetooth.
-- All four speakers are splash resistant, but only the Anker and Flip 4 are likely to live if they fall into the water (submersible up to 30 minutes)
-- The Anker and Jolt5 are shock resistant, so they likely won't shatter if you drop them
-- The OontZ has the longest battery life (30 hours) and the Flip 4 has the shortest (12 hours)
-- The Flip 4 can be paired with other Flip 4's (through an app) to provide a wireless multi-speaker experience. There are Bluetooth adapters that would allow you to do this with the other speakers if you wanted, as well as physically connecting them with 3.5mm cables.
-- The Flip 4 comes in a variety of colors.
-- They are all roughly the same size, just differently shaped (see pics)
Conclusion: The best bang for your buck is the OontZ Angle 3 Plus. It's a measly $35 and sounds almost as good as the $100 Flip 4, especially inside. In addition to being inexpensive, you can literally keep it blaring music for an entire day. It's not quite as loud outside as the Anker or Flip 4, but it's also half the price. If you're willing to pay for premium sound, go with the Flip 4 or even the Flip 3 if you want to save 20 bucks. Supposedly the sound is comparable, just the Flip 4 has a longer playtime. It really is noticeably clearer compared to the other options, so if you were using it with a projector to watch a movie, for example, the rumbling and distortion aren't going to drown out the dialogue, and likewise vocals on a music track don't get lost in the rest of the noise. If you're planning on a bunch of outside activities, like mountain biking or camping, the ruggedness of the Anker and ability for it to charge your phone makes it your best bet. I didn't do a drop test with any of these, but the Anker feels like a rubberized brick and would probably survive a fall. Other than battery life, there's no reason to ever choose the Jolt5 over the Anker, especially considering they are the same price. The Jolt5 is just worse in every way, and I honestly don't understand its 4.9 rating.
The Jolt5 is going back. The Flip 4 is staying. I'm still debating between the Anker and OontZ and may keep them both since the cost combined is still less than a Flip 4.
EDIT: After further testing, the Anker is going back and I'm keeping the OontZ. When plugged in with a 3.5mm cable, the sound is dramatically better with way more bass and a louder volume. And it's still somehow the cheapest one.
-- On a budget? Cambridge SoundWorks OontZ Angle 3 Plus
-- Best sound? JBL Flip 4 (though I do wish it had a bit more bass)
-- Most likely to survive your abuse? Anker SoundCore Sport XL
7 months later, JBL flip 4 doesn't hold a charge for more than 5 hours. I did drop it just once -- maybe that has something to do with it - idk. That audio quality is still there, though.
1 Year. Wont charge at all now.
Top reviews from other countries
I wish amazon sees this or i am gonna make it viral
Preso principalmente per ascoltare un po' di musica in casa nel tempo libero, mi ha da subito stupito per la potenza sonora, il volume è veramente elevato. La qualità ovviamente non è da meno, si sente bene, l'audio è cristallino anche ad alto volume ed i bassi sono ben pronunciati. La funzione vivavoce poi la trovo comodissima e l'interlocutore ci sente alla perfezione. La durata della batteria, dichiarata da jbl è di 12 ore, ma spesso non risulta essere così in quanto la durata varia molto in base al volume che scegliete, a volume massimo le 12 ore ve le sognate mentre ad un volume sotto al 50% sono fattibili.
Habe außerdem von Amazon Retourware als Neuware verkauft bekommen. (Auf dem Gerät waren Kleberspuren der alten Aufkleber.
Esteticamente si presenta molto bene, ha una finitura gommata e tasti solidi e ben costruiti. Molto belli i radiatori passivi ai lati che si muovono in risposta alle basse frequenze, soprattutto con volume di riproduzione medio-alto.
Per quanto riguarda la resa audio, la cassa riproduce bassi potenti e decisamente soddisfacenti ma non invadenti, con una buona rappresentazione anche dei medi e degli alti. Così, a differenza di quanto avviene con alcuni competitor in questa fascia di prezzo che esasperano i bassi rendendo il suono ovattato ed impastato, qui voci e strumenti sono chiari e precisi. Le considerazioni sulla qualità audio della cassa tengono ovviamente conto del prezzo, delle dimensioni, e dell’autonomia che questa piccola cassa garantisce e che la rendono, a mio parere, la migliore tra le casse da circa 100€. Se si ricerca una cassa con un rapporto trasportabilità/qualità audio più orientato sulla qualità, meglio guardare la JBL Xtreme2 con i suoi 4 driver ma con peso e prezzo decisamente diversi.
Qualche dettaglio in più:
• Le dimensioni e il peso contenuto rendono la Flip 4 trasportabilissima in uno zaino o in una borsa senza occupare troppo spazio.
• È in grado di riprodurre audio stereo in quanto dotata di 2 altoparlanti da 40mm, ciascuno con una potenza di 8W, per una potenza complessiva della cassa di 16W. Sonorizza abbondantemente una stanza di medie dimensioni. Riproduce frequenze tra 70Hz – 20kHz
• Può essere collegata tramite bluetooth 4.2 o con connettore jack da 3,5 mm.
• È possibile collegare questa cassa a qualsiasi altro modello jbl che supporti la tecnologia “Jbl Connect +”, per un totale di 100 unità in riproduzione simultanea. I modelli così collegati possono anche essere diversi, l’unica condizione è che supportino il “Connect+”. Ad esempio è possibile collegare la Flip 4 alla Jbl Extreme 2, ma non alla Flip 3, poiché quest’ultima supporta la vecchia tecnologia “JBL Connect” e non la “Connect +”.
• Un'altra funzione, a mio avviso utilissima, è la possibilità collegare insieme 2 casse Flip 4 e, tramite l’app scaricabile “JBL Connect”, impostarle in modo che ciascuna riproduca un canale stereo. In questo modo non solo si raddoppia la potenza di riproduzione, ma si migliora significativamente la separazione dei due canali stereo, allontanando tra di loro le casse.
Per utilizzare questa funzione:
1. Devono essere collegate solo 2 casse e non di più
2. Le casse devono essere collegate via bluetooth ad un dispositivo con installata l’app “JBL Connect” (non funziona se le casse sono collegate col jack da 3,5mm)
3. Entrambe le casse devono essere dello stesso modello, in questo caso due Flip 4.
• La JBL Flip 4 ha una batteria da 3000 mAh che garantisce un’eccellente autonomia. Quella dichiarata è di 12h. Con volume al 50% arriva oltre le 14h. Con volume al 100% dura circa 4h. Nella confezione è presente il solo cavo di ricarica da collegare ad un qualsiasi caricabatterie usb.
• La cassa certificata IPX7 non soltanto resiste agli schizzi ma può essere immersa in acqua fino ad 1m per 30 minuti senza riportare danni. Sul sito ufficiale JBL è scritto chiaramente che la cassa non galleggia, se messa in acqua affonda. La certificazione si riferisce all'acqua di rubinetto, se bagnata con acqua di mare o acqua clorata di una piscina, dopo l'uso è opportuno risciacquarla per preservare le guarnizioni in gomma.
Pienamente soddisfatto del prodotto, non posso che consigliarlo.