Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 44 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 49 reviews
on May 25, 2015
JBL has a reputation for building the best. They have another speaker here in the ES 10 that will surprise you. The build quality is superb and the sound is pure JBL. I was surprised at the weight of these small speakers! They are very heavy which indicates some well built driver's inside these cabnits. The ES series is sure to become one that will be sought after many years from now long after the production run is over. As these speakers break in they will just keep getting better. Add a small sub for the lowest of octives and enjoy some classic JBL west coast sound! Who said you can't go back to the 60s and 70s. JBL was KING of the groves back then. And the still are today! Quality! Enjoy!
on April 3, 2014
I bought this pair for my Onkyo 7.1 surround. Their purpose is front surround as I do have a different set for the back surround. It has been some weeks since my purchase and I still love looking at them, listening to them and, again even with system off, looking at them. They are outstanding. They are not your typical small or satellite speakers, they are mean and strong JBL surround purpose speakers. I owned JBL before mainly on my cars and they sound awesome and clear. My laptop has JBL sound speakers for gaming and they rule. So is the case with these. I am not an expert audiophile but I am an adult with good hearing who can tell myself when things sound good or bad. These sound good.... Yes, l am looking for an excuse to by more but sadly I have no more need for speakers. Love them.
on March 7, 2017
Great speakers with great sound for the price. Those who tell you they hear all the different levels of sound I believe are talking crap as the human ears are not that acute.
on July 5, 2013
I am using these speakers as right and left surrounds as well as rear right and left surrounds. I paired them with two JBL ES80BK 3-Way, Dual 6 1/2" Floorstanding Speaker - Black and just broke them in while watching Wreck-It Ralph (Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy) in 7.1 DTS -HD Master Audio 7.1. It was delighful. I am no audiophile, but I also don't like to go cheap on my electronics. This has satisfied my desire. You can't tell from the pictures, but there is a pebbled texture on the top and bottom, while the center and wraparound has a different texture which is smooth along one direction and ridged along the perpendicular direction. I like it. There is also a lack of pictures of the rear of the speaker. It has two small raised metal slotted brackets for mounting. Enjoy.
on May 1, 2014
I purchased these as stereo pairs for my home theatre system. They mate with a thunderous sub-woofer and amplifier that allows for controlling the amount of low frequency energy to them. They provide clear crisp sound for all frequencies above the sub's performance. I recommend them highly.
on January 17, 2013
I found these book shelf speakers on a special Holiday sale and could not be happier. I was a little worried about not having a separate bass when buying them, but the sound couldn't be better. I totally recommend.
on April 16, 2015
Good affordable speaker. Sounds great as a back left/right surround sound speaker. It already has mounting holes/brackets on the back so it's easily mounted on the wall and they're not too heavy so using 2 good wall anchors work just fine if the place you want them doesn't have a stud available. They look great too, I'm a big fan of JBL.
on February 26, 2015
These speakers are very powerful! I have them hooked up to a pioneer elite receiver and they have very good bass considering that they are bookshelf speakers. They are very clear and crisp! Exactly why I needed 3 ways and JBL is a good brand. I mounted them on my wall. They are somewhat heavy, so make sure you use proper screws. I am using 12 gauge wiring and they bring the best sound out of these speakers. Well worth it and I would buy JBL in the future!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2016
Extremely clear and broad in sound ranges. The perfect rear speakers, especially if you have the other ES series speakers from JBL. Too bad they discontinued them
on September 16, 2015
Great sound , excellent quality cabinet . Using in an open are of 25x25' they fill the space with good quality sound. Very pleased.