Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on November 25, 2014
I replaced an Onkyo HTIB sub with the JBL ES150. I've heard other subs, including mid to high end, so I knew the Onkyo was really lacking. For the price on Amazon ($159), I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better sub. I listen to a lot of music (literally all kinds), and the ES150 is amazing. I was astonished at the low range nuances I can hear with the JBL that were nowhere to be found before. I used Audessey to set up the initial parameters and then tweaked them a little. At -4 on the AVR settings and the sub gain dial at 10 o'clock, this thing will GET DOWN. This is used in our living room (20x18) which is open to the kitchen area.
review image
0Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 14, 2015
I have 2 of these. The first one i received blew me away in sound the bass is FAT. I DO NOT RECOMMEND turning this bass to max. The second one i received came with the negative and positive cords off the hooks. That was an easy fix all i did was open it and put the plugs back on. It worked decent but i noticed my first subwoofer was pushing more bass than the second. I was just lazy and left it alone. It worked fine for a week after that fix until it made a HORRIBLE smell and smoke came rushing out (and the sub was only 20% sound) i immediately turned it off and unplugged it. It was also making a rattling sound (maybe a coil broke?) definitely a fire hazard considering the inside was all foamy like material. I still absolutely love this subwoofer. I just requested a UPS Pickup return on the second sub and am currently waiting for my new replacement. Will Update if anything bad happens.
review imagereview image
on October 29, 2014
I would give this Sub 0 stars if it was an option. The sub stopped working (no power) 32 days after purchasing it after using it just 3 times for movies. Unfortunately for me that was 2 days past when I could return it to Amazon and now I am stuck with it. JBL/Harman Customer service has been a joke. After contacting them about the issue it took them 6 days to get back with me and the resolution they are offering is that I drive it to a authorized repair center over 1.5 hrs away, drop it off and come back to get it 2 weeks later. This will require me to put over 350 miles on my car, gas money for the trip and waste over 6 hours of my time for the 2 round trips. I am beyond disappointed with the customer service I have received at this point and don't plan on buying any JBL/Harman products in the future.

When the sub was working it was ok at best, way to much punch and not enough rumble. 3 out of 5 stars at best
on January 21, 2015
Purchase 2 in 11-2014 for an apartment's main combo dining/living/kitchen/halls---about 600 sq. ft.. I was very nervous about getting these. I wanted front firing 10 inch sub-woofers. These had the JBL reputation of flat response. I didn't know if they could fill a medium size residence room, they did--loud crisp lower bass without the boom. I use them with a 7.2 SONY with 115W per channel and 10 inch Klipsch towers and bookshelf Klispch surrounds. They're just nice for movies and analog/digital music. I looked at about 10 other options. I'm very happy with my choice. Listen to Virgil Fox, Pink Floyd, Stanley Clark, Berlin Philharmonic, Muse or Bruno Mars and I think you'll agree. They set up automatically with my Sony receiver. They require a sub-woofer RCA input. They are built like a rock. I still have 30 year old JBLs book shelves that sound like day 1. Just my thoughts...good luck...
on October 25, 2014
After having a couple of days to play with this thing I'll have to say I love it. It's being used with an Onkyo receiver that has a subwoofer out, as well as two vintage JBL control monitors. It's got the kind of deep lows that you can feel in your gut and make a movie feel like you're in a great theatre. Better, really. As for music, you can't go wrong with this one. It even brings out nice deep bass from some of my old vinyl LP's that I still like to listen to. The vinyl albums still sound warm and alive like vinyl should, but with a presence I've never heard from them before. I absolutely love it and its build quality is heavy and solid, so I expect it to last a lifetime like my other JBL products. After having my vintage JBL control monitors in the den and JBL outdoor speakers around my pool for years, and using JBL products in various band projects, I don't even look at other brands anymore when I'm looking for speakers. Buy this product with confidence.
on May 5, 2014
At first I was very hesitant to purchase a 10 inch Subwoofer. I currently have a 12 inch and love to feel the rumble of Bass and Sub Bass while watching movies. I thought that by going down to a 10, I would be losing that rich and precise sound that comes with a 12... BOY WAS I WRONG!!! This Sub is simply awesome. It is tight, precise and boy does it have BOOM! I am very impressed on how a 10 inch Sub could preform as well as this one does. But then again... It's a JBL.... I purchased it at $159.99 on May 1st, 2014.. Since then the price has gone up to $222.99 plus $26.99 Shipping. Thats almost $100.00 more! I am glad i purchased it when i did.. Because like I said at the beginning, I was hesitant when it was $159.99.. @ a total of $249.98, I think I probably would have not purchased it and would have missed out on a great JBL product.
on March 28, 2016
It's a bit much for my little place but it really brings the tv and xbox1 to life. There's nothing like having a full range of sound. The unit looks great and is quite heavy (to be expected). Great great value, it really pumps out some nice clean bass. I don't regret this purchase at all. I reckon I've had it a few months now and it's just humming along, no issues. Kind of a "set it and forget it" situation.
on September 12, 2016
I love this sub. It took a while for the speaker to break in, but once it did, WOW. I have it set up on a 7.2 system in a 20x20 room. Maybe an overkill for my room but it sounds great. The 300 watt amp is the perfect size for the sound I was looking for. It hits all the low frequencies on the movies I watch will little to no delay. I haven't used to much for music so I can't comment on the bass levels for that but for movies, it shakes the whole room, in a good way. Not too much that it sounds distorted but just the right amount. I also noticed it came with a sub RCA cable. Either I misread or didn't see that this was included, but a nice added bonus. I bought one when I bought this so I used to other one to update the cable to the second sub. Win win.

The only thing I would have like to have seen is a power button on front or top of the sub. Instead it is on the back. Not a big deal for me since to goes to stand by when my system is turned off. I have had no issues with the amp overheating like some reviews I read. Just remember to give the speaker enough time to break itself in. Once that happens, you will be very happy. At the end of the day, could not be more pleased with JBL sub.
on August 18, 2015
Exceptional service and product from start to finish! I couldnt be happier! The seller had a great description and the item matched that description. Incredibly fast, lightning fast!, shipping too! Ive hooked up my new JBL sub and it is as described and Im thrilled with the sound, looks and performance. I purchased this sub to complete my 7.2 home theater and again this sub once adjusted and dialed in can compete with my other JBL sub and that sub coat twice as much as this one so excellent value, performance, sound and looks. Very very happy!!!
Quick note- this sub comes in a secure and very well packaged box but also the RCA sub cable is included and Im guessing its a 10' cable. Happy movie watching everyone, hope this helps!
on May 6, 2014
I hesitantly bought this sub because of some negative reviews, but it matches my JBL 6 1/2" towers and because of the low price on Amazon, I was concerned it wouldn't be big enough for our large living room and the open floor plan of our house, but this thing effortlessly puts out so much bass that you only need about 1/3 to 1/2 of its output power. This is my 2nd JBL sub, and my fourth sub to date, my other sub is the 12" JBL model same as this one, it is in my 1800 sq.ft. open basement, and again I couldn't be happier with my purchase from Amazon, it arrived on time , and double boxed. Five stars for price, design, and quality of product.

For the price this cant be beat !

Buy from Amazon with confidence !!!

I have no cons whatsoever !