Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Showing 1-10 of 189 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 210 reviews
on February 4, 2016
Don't be deterred that it is listed at 150 watts RMS/450 watts peak. This replaced a 1100 Watt amp dual 12" set up and this blows the old system away. Lots of power, punch and clarity. You can feel the bass pounding through you as if you stuck your head into a kick-drum. More important than power, It is the match between the amp the box and the speaker. This system is engineered by JBL so you know that everything matches from the factory and JBL stuff is used to mix most music you listen to today. It throws air though the slipstream port, it is powerful and it fills an SUV with heart pounding bass. it is a little large as you can see in the photo inside a Toyota 4Runner. Just a note: Be sure to get an Amp kit since this comes with no additional wires other than the remote wire. The actual speaker is protected by two silver powder-coated bars that protect it from luggage and other items in the storage area. If you decide not to run the RCA cables to your unit's head radio/player, you can simply intercept the speaker wires and use the included harness. This will turn the unit on and off when the radio is powered so that you do not need to connect the remote on wire. The only con is that when it is turned up loud, it vibrates all of the mirrors in the vehicle and it annoys the heck out of my neighbors too; I'm willing to accept that tradeoff :)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
22 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 10, 2017
I spent about 4 hours trying to replace my head unit and hide the wiring for this subwoofer. I plug everything in and turned the dials to the manual's first startup settings and turned the car on. No sound coming out of the thing at all. I took a multimeter and tested the power and remote wire, both of which had power. I moved the ground 3 times to better positions and even had to buy an extra cable to reach outside of the trunk. Had no way to test the RCA cables so I attached a high level input cables to the rear speakers to see if a signal was coming from the head unit to my sub, turns out all four wires ran 7 volts. Long story short everything was going into the subwoofer like they should but the subwoofer was producing nothing. Called a friend who has installed countless subwoofers and he confirmed it must be a bad amp/sub. I understand a lot can happen between transit and my house so I will edit my review accordingly once I see if the replaced subwoofer is working.

EDIT: Installed the new sub a few weeks ago by plugging it right in and it worked beautifully. Took me a few days to get my preferred settings but this hits hard. If you want a subwoofer that hits hard in your car but not much else this sub is perfect. It shakes the rearview mirror really well and I only have the base boost set on 40%. Will change this review if anything happens in the near future but right now this perfect for my needs! Also I looked at the defective sub and noticed one of the wires was disconnected from the speaker and the other one was really lose, so I clamped down on the two and that sub also works just as well.
on January 25, 2018
Installed in a dodge 1500 ram handicap van. Behind driver seat. Love it. Tunes easily for mounting inviriorment and seperately mounted gain ajustment knob for mounting at dash is very convenient, because i have nice dvd deck with usb stick, blue tooth input and concidering between that and radio, there output levels are usually all a little different, so its nice to be able to tweek the gain right from my seat when i switch up between them, rather than having to go to cab itself. Great buy in my opinion and nicely made as well.
on January 11, 2017
Best for the $. Simple, loud, hits most frequencies. I am a gold certified auto electronics specialist, (audio, video, alarms, ect.). I have a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Running a factory head-unit and amp (system looks stock), Dayton audio point source full range 3.5" in the dash, Soundstream Arachnid 6x9's in the front doors, Soundstream Arachnid 6.5" in the rear. Tapped into the speakers and ran Rockford Fosgate 8 gauge power and ground. I have had show cars but now I am old and fat with two kids. I am impressed!!!
on November 30, 2017
Read the more eloquent reviews, five stars five stars five stars. I used to think I was an audiophile but I'm actually an idiot. Let smart people pair the proper subs and amps together. Cannot stress how happy I am with this purchase. I used to run 2 12"s and there is nothing I miss about it. No sacrifice here. Sufficient for 98% of the populations' bass needs.

Installed for nearly a year.
on April 18, 2017
Just what I was looking for. I wanted to add some bass I could feel and hear in my new Accord. I unplugged the factory sub and used that line to feed the high level input. Using the factory radio to adjust the sub level, which I keep between 1-3. Sounds great!
on January 16, 2018
Bought this for a friends Mini Cooper and lets just say it thumps in a good way! We had it professionally installed as well as upgraded all the rest of his stock speakers and wow!!! The guys at Prosound said this is one of their great sellers but they sell it for 279.99 so this is the place to buy it.
on December 10, 2017
Wow, it's not even set 1/4 of the way up and this sub ROCKS! It shakes everything; I'm almost worried it will shake my car apart! I had it professionally installed for my piece of mind. Now I'll have to change my stock speakers just to hear them! I recommend buying this fine subwoofer!!!!
on January 8, 2018
This item puts out a lot of bass for the price and it's easy to connect. I hope this item last cause it's so convenient for me as an installer to give my customers bass in a neat package like this. What can I say. WOW! it's fantastic for the price and it smells great too.
on July 6, 2017
Great bass for the price and the built in amp. My subs blew so I wanted to get something cheap to replace until I get a nicer car. I bought this one and it is pretty darn good for having a built in amp and how much it was.