- Brand Name: JBL
- Model Number: JBLOS3PIPBLKV
- Color: Black
JBL OnStage IIIP 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
- Supports most iPhone and iPod models with 30-Pin Dock Connector
- 3.5-mm mini jack allows connection of other audio devices such as MP3 and CD players, desktop computers, satellite radios, and laptops
- Odyssey transducers and Slipstream port design provide a full, rich frequency response
- Includes an RF remote control with full iPod navigation
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Which Dock Is for You?
For the Power Hungry
For the Weekend Warriors
For the iPhone Techies
For the Featurephiles or Heavy Sleepers
Something for Everyone
The JBL On Stage IIIP system is compatible with docking versions of the iPod, including the iPod touch, iPhone, iPod classic, and iPod nano 3G. A stereo mini jack connection also allows you to enjoy high-quality audio from a variety of other devices such as MP3 and CD players, desktop computers (all platforms), satellite radios, and laptops. Specific dockable iPod compatibility: iPod mini 1G; iPod nano 1G, 2G, 3G; iPod 3G, 4G, 5G, 5.5G, 6G; iPod touch; iPhone.
Easy-to-Use Music and Navigation Controls
Just a touch of the music controls increases or decreases the volume. Using the navigation controls, browse songs, playlists, and photos; change tracks and settings; and more.
The JBL On Stage IIIP loudspeaker dock is a multimedia focal point. Enjoy your iPod, view photos or videos, and listen to virtually any other auxiliary audio component, all through the JBL On Stage IIIP system.
- IR remote--The JBL On Stage IIIP IR remote has several modes of operation. The Music mode allows you to control the volume, change tracks, fast forward, and fast reverse. The Navigation mode allows you to access menus on your mobile digital device just as if you were controlling the unit itself. You can search your music, watch your slideshows, and find and play your videos.
- Evercharge topology--The system charges your iPod/iPhone, even when it's not connected to a computer or if the system is off.
The JBL On Stage IIIP loudspeaker dock combines many proprietary technologies to provide the highest-quality sound, astonishing bass, and clear and accurate audio from any direction.
- Odyssey transducers--The Odyssey drivers deliver accurate high frequencies while capable of low-frequency extension of four octaves, unlike traditional powered tweeters. This design provides a full, rich frequency response, from low bass to the highest highs.
- Slipstream port design--The port minimizes boundary layer separation, producing high-output bass with low distortion.
- COE (computer-optimized equalization)--The system equalization is computer-optimized to provide a rich, complete soundstage over a range of listening positions.
- OCT (optimized compression topology)--The proprietary compression technology ensures clean, accurate sound at high output levels.
- AEMS (advanced energy management system)--The automatic battery-saving shutoff will automatically put the system into sleep mode when there is no audio input. The system awakens with just a touch and resumes at the same volume level.
- Battery-powered--The JBL On Stage IIIP system uses most types of AA batteries. Six fresh AA batteries allow up to 12 hours of continuous play at normal listening levels. An amber LED flashes when the battery protection circuit senses that the batteries are low. JBL encourages the use of rechargeable batteries (e.g., NiMH), to reduce waste and help the environment.
What's in the Box
JBL On Stage IIIP (Black), IR remote control, auxiliary audio input cable, power supply and cord, and adapters for iPod and iPhone.
Top Customer Reviews
- It does work with my iPhone 3G, including the charging.
- Improved sound quality.
- Battery powered (optional)
The only downgrade with respect to past versions is the remote control:
- Less intuitive buttons. Difficult to operate in the dark
- Dependent on Infrared, instead of the old RF. This means you need direct line of sight to the unit for it to work.
The sound quality is good, better than many small speaker docks with speakers around this size. It does fill a smaller room with sound quite well, and get get surprisingly loud without distortion. I use it in the bathroom as my source of morning music, and have brought it out on the lanai to listen to music in the pool where it works well but doesn't quite fill an outdoor space (but this is expected given the small size).
I only really use the remote for ff-rew & volume up/down, because it's simply easier for me to walk over and quickly find a playlist directly on my iPhone.
Use with iPhone 4:
This dock does work perfectly with the iPhone 4. The only quirk I experienced was the initial time I used it. When I turned on my Sky.fm app the speaker icon came up on the iPhone and wouldn't go away. I rebooted the phone and that took care of it.
What you need to do to best utilize your iPhone 4 with this dock is the following...
1) plug in the iPhone into the dock with the dock off. You'll hear the phone make the charging noise & it will charge.
2) Turn on the dock from the back
3) Find whatever music source you want to play and go from there!
That seems to work best and would alleviate any issues. I have turned on the dock prior to docking the phone and it still worked fine.
I didn't see many reviews with this dock in regards to its use with an iPhone so I thought I'd share :-)
Well, the one thing I would ask for is a lower price. In fact, having to pay $133.99 for this unit was the only reason I gave it four stars instead of five. I'd actually rate the unit itself as a five star unit and the price a one star. It's just too expensive. But unfortunately, I couldn't find another (cheaper) product that has all the features that I wanted like this one does. And this one sure did live up to it's promises.
Ultimately, I'd buy it again.
******* UPDATE 9/14/11 *******
Well, two years later I can see that the price did come down. My original unit is still working great, so I just bought a second one. Now I have one for the house and one for work. I still think this is a great product. With the lower price, I'd give it 5 stars.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I like this speaker. I keep it in my bathroom so I can listen to music in there. Doesn't take up too much space but still sounds good.Published 2 months ago by The Amazon Kid
After trying numerous speakers, this one gave me the sound quality and compact size I was looking for. Read morePublished 2 months ago by T. Herkey
using this still years of use still works great- we use it in the bathroom for music in the shower <3Published 3 months ago by roguebravo
Sound is great. The power cord plug became finicky after ~2 years, and required disassembling the thing to re-solder the pins back into the board. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Cruiser
works great asked abiout a 30 pin to 8pin connextor for my iphone 5 I'll be getting shortly and I got a review that said that was the right connector to get.Published 7 months ago by Nancy A. Brown
Great speaker/Charging dock for 30-pin iPhone and iPod, come with a remote and an auxiliary port. The product has excelente sound quality and can use the included AC adapter or 4... Read morePublished 7 months ago by C. Farfan
I don't touch anything but JBL. This my favorite brand. The music quality is amazing. Better than any other speaker I ever owned. Small and powerful is what I like.Published 8 months ago by I.A.