JBL Charge Portable Indoor/Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Built for durability With the JBL Charge speaker, strength isn't limited to audio performance. From its rugged case and grille to the rubber end rings and a rubber cap for its USB port, the JBL Charge has the durability that your active lifestyle demands.
- Bluetooth® Portable speaker includes 6000mAh Li-ion rechargable battery.
- Charge your Smartphone or tablet with integrated USB port.
- Wirelessly Streams Stereo Music From Any Bluetooth Device
- Take with you anywhere in convenient NeopreneTM carry case.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I continued to search for a JBL Charge in store near me and was excited to see that Best Buy just began carrying it. I went to the store and gave it a listen. It sounded pretty good but I'm not one to crank up the volume in store so I purchased it and figured I would compare it to the Soundlink II at my home. I was willing to live with the bass heavy Soundlink II if the maximum volume was noticeably louder than the JBL Charge. I turned both of the speakers up to full volume in my home and began listening to the Charge. Wow, it was louder than I expected, but it couldn't be as loud as the Bose Soundlink II, could it?Read more ›
First off, I love the JBL Charge, and in many ways I feel it is the best OVERALL sound and size/weight (in it's price range) of all the portable/rechargeable Bluetooth speakers I have tried. Also, something you should know about me, I worked as a professional sound tech doing live (and studio) mixes for over 20 years. Yeah, you do not know me from a hole in the ground, but I have a great ear and the "creds" to go with it. But ultimately, it is your ear that will tell you what you like, not mine. I can only be another reference in your arsenal of reviews.
And BTW, let me interject to everyone a piece of advice. If you want ANY portable Bluetooth speaker to sound better with little to no investment, use an EQ app! Android, iPhone, etc ... they all have some type of EQ app in there app stores, some of which are free. Choose at least a 5 band, but preferably a 10 band EQ is much better. You will squeeze out a little to a lot more than you imagined from the speaker you already have and you will be pleasantly surprised!
I have tried (plus listened to a few others not mentioned here) ...
1) the Jambox (nice for a "tiny" device, but not worth the price, should be about $75 instead of $125),
2) the Big Jambox (sounded good, but somewhat heavy in weight and hollow sounding, and twice the price of the JBL Charge),
3) Beats by Dre Pill (tinny and no low end worth speaking of and why is this getting good reviews?),
4) JBL Flip (again, mostly mid to highs with little bottom, except JBL got it right this time with the Charge!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought it in "used" condition stating everything was in good working order. Didn't actually use it for about a week and the first time I plugged it in it wouldn't charge. Read morePublished 1 day ago by jefferson cole
purchased it used and it only paired once (I purchased a brand new one and it is phenomenal) I purchased this one for my grandmother and it did not work out so wellPublished 9 days ago by Draye
This is such a good speaker I bought a second. People always says how good it sounds for it size the battery seems to go for a long time and it has good volume too!Published 16 days ago by F. Farwell
This was a great buy. The sound quality is excellent and battery life is good.Published 17 days ago by CE
Bought this as a used item but looked almost new. Came with everything that was stated on the site. Totally satisfied.Published 18 days ago by martha