- Brand Name: JBL
- Model Number: OS200ID
- Color: Black
JBL On Stage 200ID High-Performance Speaker Dock for iPhone 4/4S and iPod (Black)
- Compatibility: iPod mini 1G; iPod nano 1G, 2G, 3G; iPod 3G, 4G, 5G, 5.5G, 6G; iPod touch; iPhone
- OnePoint iPod dock connection for synchronizing to iTunes application; Evercharge topology charges iPod even when unit is switched off
- 3.5-mm mini jack allows connection of other audio devices such as MP3 and CD players, desktop computers, satellite radios, and laptops
- Phoenix transducers, Slipstream port design, and DSP provide a full, rich frequency response and great sound
- Includes an RF remote control with full iPod navigation
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Which Dock Is for You?
For the Power Hungry
For the Weekend Warriors
For the iPhone Techies
For the Featurephiles or Heavy Sleepers
Something for Everyone
The JBL On Stage 200ID loudspeaker system is compatible with docking versions of the iPod, including the iPod touch, iPod nano 3G, and the iPhone. A stereo mini jack connection also allows you to enjoy high-quality audio from a variety of other devices such as MP3 and CD players, desktop computers (all platforms), satellite radios, and laptops. Specific dockable iPod compatibility: iPod mini 1G; iPod nano 1G, 2G, 3G; iPod 3G, 4G, 5G, 5.5G, 6G; iPod touch; iPhone.
Easy-to-Use Music and Navigation Controls
Just a touch of the music controls increases or decreases the volume. Using the navigation controls, browse songs, playlists, and photos; change tracks and settings; and more. With the JBL On Stage 200ID remote, you have complete control of your iPod, as if it were in your hand.
The JBL On Stage 200ID system is a multimedia focal point. Enjoy your iPod, view photos or videos, and listen to virtually any other auxiliary audio component, all through the JBL On Stage 200ID loudspeaker dock.
Digital Power and DSP
The system features a powerfully tuned digital audio path. The clean and compact digital amplification, coupled with DSP (digital signal processing) equalization, efficiently provides the transducers with cool-running power.
- Smart remote--The Smart remote has several modes of operation. The Music mode allows you to control the volume, change tracks, fast forward, and fast reverse. The Navigation mode allows you to navigate menus for your iPod, just as if you were controlling the iPod itself. You can access your music, view your slideshows, and find and play your videos.
- Evercharge topology--The JBL On Stage 200ID system charges your iPod or iPhone, even when it's not connected to a computer or if the system is off.
The JBL On Stage 200ID loudspeaker dock combines many proprietary technologies for the highest-quality sound, offering astonishing bass and clear audio from any direction.
- Phoenix transducers--The Phoenix drivers provide accurate high frequencies and are also capable of low-frequency extension to bring you clean, powerful bass.
- Slipstream port design--The JBL On Stage 200ID port minimizes boundary layer separation, resulting in high-output bass with low distortion.
- COE (computer-optimized equalization)--The JBL On Stage 200ID system equalization is computer-optimized, for a rich, complete soundstage.
- OCT (optimized compression topology)--The proprietary compression technology ensures clean, accurate sound at high output levels.
What's in the Box
JBL On Stage 200ID, iPod/iPhone adapters, IR remote, power supply, and audio cable.
Top Customer Reviews
I wanted something small with big sound (eg, good bass, which almost always sucks on small speakers). I wanted to be able to throw it in my suitcase if I travel. Usually Bose owns this space with their amazing engineering (I own a couple Bose products). I figured to get that kind of sound I was going to have to cough up $350-$500 for Bose's portable solution. Bose have two versions - one that uses AC power, and another with a built in rechargeable battery and it's $100 more. Nice units, and priced right. But when I was at Fry's, I stumbled onto this JBL. For $200-$300 less, this unit sounds almost as good, and is much smaller. Same footprint, but about 1/3 as tall. Nothing in the other 30+ units I tested came close to the sound to this unit in its size and NOTHING touches it under $300 for the sound it products. It also works with my iPhone which was a requirement. What this really means is you don't have to put it in "Airplane Mode" which turns off the phone to keep the interference from wrecking your listening enjoyment - which means you can still get calls when it's docked - it mutes the music and plays the ringtone though the speaker.Read more ›
The build quality is excellent. The mesh is a cloth fabric over the plastic enclosure. There are two volume buttons on the top right in front of the dock. The iPhone and iPod touch dock includes the little "arch" you see in the picture. This provides excellent stability for being able to use the touch features while docked.
The included remote is nice, and it works well to navigate the iPod.
4 stars because of these things:
- I would love to watch video on my iPhone/iPod Touch, but they only display landscape. While this isn't a fault of JBL, it would have been great for them to innovate and come up with a mechanism to dock horizontally.
- The speakerphone doesn't actually work as expected. When answering the phone while docked, the audio for the call doesn't come through the speakers. The person on the line can hear me just fine, but I can't hear them. I'm not sure what it would have taken to make this work, but you have to consciously remember to pick the phone up.
All in all, a great product. I haven't tried the Altec Lansing, but this one is $50 cheaper, and certainly worth the money for an interference-free iPhone speaker experience.
Thank God for Amazon when it came to finding this item. I actually bought 2 of them! One for myself and one for a Christmas gift!
You can't miss on this JBL iPod Dock! Very simple, well made, and the sound is superb. Whether you listen low or want to crank it up to fill the room with sound. I listen to classical music, country, bluegrass and classic rock. If you've got an iPod, this is the dock you want!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Had this for a couple years now and just decided to write a review. Guess what? Never had a single problem with this speaker in like 3 years and it sounds great still. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Grant
This system has worked great for years and looks very sleek anywhere you would want to display it in your home or work place.Published 6 months ago by Heidi
This is an awesome product. I use it all the time and it works and sounds great!Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Excellent sound quality at a very affordable price. The sound is very, very good, even if it isn't as good a my Bose iPod speaker (which costs a lot more money, by the way). Read morePublished 11 months ago by Cliff
Sounds really still holding up!!!
Love JBL and AR speakers.
Sounds a lot better than the Logitech I was using. The only con is that when you turn it on - the sound is at the max so be prepared to hit the - button or lose your hearing.Published 12 months ago by tismeinaz