Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 2, 2015
After ordering the Jensen JMC180, I read more of the reviews, and wished I could cancel my order. I'M GLAD I DIDN'T CANCEL MY ORDER!!
I wonder what the customers who said the remote doesn't have a power, or volume button actually ordered, because the remote does almost everything. In fact, the unit does more than I dreamed it would do. So beware of the negative reviews, because the unit is very nice. It doesn't have much bass, but the sound is clear and crisp. I bought it mainly for the radio, and so far it's perfect. I understand that it might be nice for more bass for cd's, but it has enough bass to produce a good overall sound. It's a nice little unit that I will recommend to my friends for use in small rooms. Now after saying all that l hope it does hold up over the long run.
22 comments| 233 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 23, 2016
The reviews were mixed on this so I was a little skeptical about purchasing it. I needed something for my home office, primarily to listen to FM radio with some CD listening. The price was certainly right. I'm pretty picky about sound but I don't have a problem with this system. I'm in a small room, so the volume doesn't need to be very high, so maybe that's part of it. I'm very pleased with this purchase.
0Comment| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 14, 2018
I bought this Jensen CD player to be able to listen to CDs while hanging out in my apartment. I was not looking for an impressive system, just something that would 1) mount to the wall, 2) play CDs, & 3) had an aux input (1/8" or 3.5mm) in case I would like to stream music via cell phone or computer.

For the price, this is a lovely CD player/radio/aux input device. It is very easy to mount on the wall (requires simple drilling) & has a surprisingly good sound despite its build. The speakers are detachable & a stand is included in case the user would prefer to set the unit on a table surface. The remote control includes a new battery so it's ready to go out of the box. Although my unit stays on the wall, I could easily lift it off the screws & take it anywhere I liked without touching any tools. Very convenient.

I especially love the CD ALARM function. I use this player to wake up in the morning instead of my crap a** cell phone ring tones which just irritate me before my eyes are even open. Every morning I wake up to a CD at whatever volume I set the night before. This alone has improved the quality of my life haha

My only complaints are that the player automatically places a brief moment between all CD tracks. I own several albums that do not have space between certain songs but the player places a gap between them anyways. Not a deal-breaker, but slightly disruptive if you expect one track to flow continuously into the next. Also, while the digital display has a pleasant blue glow it can be difficult to read except for looking slightly down on the unit. My player is mounted on the wall at about eye-level & most of the time I can't tell what track number I am listening to. Whatever.

Aside these couple of minor gripes, the Jensen CD player exceeds my expectations in this price bracket ($40). Anyone who says they "expected the unit to be larger" should have read the dimensions. Anyone expecting "super-amazing sound quality" out of a $40 plastic unit has no concept of what real speakers even feel like to touch. Do you need a simple player in your kid's room or the kitchen? Do you need an easy-to-use player for your classroom or grandmother that doesn't like techy stuff? It's hard to beat this Jensen player for $40.
on April 23, 2016
very pleased, many of these type of device do not have headphone jacks any more. I realize the probably repurposed the headphone jack to a jack for the MP3 players but I wanted both and I got them. Sound is great,just wish the blue light wasn't quite so bright. And when set is turned off you can't see the time at all. But I don't care, I love it.
0Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 1, 2017
Great little stereo! The speakers aren't Bose quality, but quite adequate for the price...still haven't successfully mastered setting the clock but I'll figure that out!
review image
on January 25, 2017
My 12 year old loves this. It fits nicely on the shelf in her room but eventually we will hang it. She feels quite grown up with a remote to control it even though it is right at the head of her bed. She used it every day for a month now and so far so good. I am very happy with this especially for the price. I have spent more for cartoon character radios that didn't sound this good or last more than 6 months.
on January 4, 2018
Works OK. Sound adequate for little plastic speakers. Received radio ststions better than radio it replaced. But not the quality I remember of Jensen products from the 70's. Instructions are inadequate . . . in fact virtually non-existent regarding attaching speakers to the player. Playing CD-R/RW is not guaranteed (quality of user recording equipment/disks/software are all potential excuses posited by Jensen). Inserting CD requires two hands and could be uncertain especially if player is wall mounted. Odd that power failure will result in loss of alarm setting even though the backup batteries can preserve time setting.
on March 27, 2016
This is exactly what I was looking for to put in my shop. It is a great size and has a nice look to it. I was able to figure it out rather quickly, it's user friendly. It also has an auxiliary which work great with my iPhone. For the price I recommend it, sound is decent.
0Comment| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 30, 2015
Bought this for my husband. He's old school so doesn't do the music streaming. Everything is on CD. We used the stand but, eventually will mount it on the wall. Remote works perfectly.
0Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 9, 2018
I bought this unit for a bedroom sized work area. It works, cd player plays, the size is good, i like the thin design. If you are a fan of AM radio or have no need for quality sound, this is ok. Everything is sort of flat and lifeless and sounds like AM radio to me. I’m no audiophile snob, but i think some tiny bluetooth speakers put out better sound than this, so bear that in mind. It would be ok for kids or people who just want background noises.