BCA Month Salon Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by st vincent PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on November 24, 2008
I have owned the GE JES1344SK for three months. The heating is very even with no hot spot problems, due to having the turntable design.

The readout is bright. The cabinet and door construction is very good. I especially like the high quality finish on the door AND case. When you receive this oven you need to remove the blue protective plastic from the cabinet. I have read other reviews describing the oven case to be blue. Apparently the reviewer did not read the instructions to remove the blue plastic on the cabinet to reveal a beautiful satin stainless finish.

The rotary control is very refreshing to use rather than the conventional push button panel, but it takes some learning.

I have found this microwave oven to be excellent in every way, and highly recommend it.
on August 21, 2013
My Dad bought this microwave at a big box store he was in a hurry it was the floor model it was discounted it had the right dimensions and it has a nice look so he bought it and ran out to meet some buddies and have a good time. It turned out to be a great microwave. It is easy to use looks great in spot and worked great. It has some user easy features that really fit the I have to get dinner on the table now dealio. Circumstances change and the microwave was given to my sister who has three kids under 6 and has to get dinner on the table yesterday she loves it. Circumstances changed I needed it back alas no dealio. I went back to big box store and it was not there... online big box had it but it was not available. I found it here for 50 bucks and it was nicely packaged and shipped quickly. I live in NC, it was in SC not far away. I am very happy good luck if you can find another one. It is a quality microwave with an easy to use dial, simple buttons with everyday stuff and it looks great.
on September 12, 2014
Worked out great
on April 5, 2012
While I like the styling and design of the microwave mine only lasted about 8 months until the magnetron failed. Unfortunately I lost the receipt so it's time for a new microwave. Besides the breaking bit, the microwave is roomy and I never had any problems fitting dishes in it. The knob control is pretty inferior to a push-button design. Really just a gimmick, it doesn't let you precisely control the timing and dialing to longer cooking times is a pain. It's also simple to accidentally turn the microwave on for 99 minutes which could be problematic. So my recommendation would be to pass on this one.
on June 14, 2012
I took a chance and bought mine with a dent in the side and it worked perfectly until I broke the turntable and finally caught it on fire due to setting the wrong time limit after changing the power level.

It was a great microwave, but sold for $99 at Walmart back when i bought the new one with the dent for about $50. However, even with the higher current pricing, I like the stainless steel, the interior light, the knob for setting the time, the heavy duty dooor handle and the good display. The only weak area might be the stainless steel buttoms are a little hard to read at times.

If they were still $99, I would have bought another one instead of the $79 Emerson, I bought as a temporary replacement.

I decided to give it four stars, because of the safety issue with the timer having a dengerously high limit (99 minutes) that could be set by accident. Otherwise it is hard to beat the reliable performance.
on June 10, 2013
I am totally disappointed in this microwave in that it only lasted for just over 13 months. It was purchased from one of the big box stores locally and worked fine with no issues until two days ago when I tried to pop a bag of popcorn. When the unit was turned on it began to make a "deep buzzing" sound which soon turned to a deep "growling" sound. When the microwave shut off, the popcorn was just barely warm. I unplugged it in hopes of resetting it and tried re-popping the popcorn with no luck, the popcorn bag was cold. I didn't try to use it again for two days, but when I did it was the same results...no heat! I assumed the magnetron has fried and now I'm left with having to purchase another microwave after only 13 months of use. If you are looking for a microwave for the long haul this model isn't it...!!!
on March 12, 2012
The price was cheap and I really liked the look of it. Even with the bad reviews, I still gave it a try, with the full intent on returning it if it sucked. But I have been satisfied with it. Only do basic cooking and reheating. And it does those well. All the other complaints that others have are legit, but none of them bother me. If you want an attractive looking and basic functions microwave, you'll be happy.
on September 4, 2015
I do not recommend this microwave. It is very loud, the control knob is intermittent, and the microwave quit working after just a few years. (We had our previous microwave for almost 20 years before it stopped working.)
on July 27, 2012
I bought this microwave to match the rest of our stainless appliances and because we liked the circular knob feature. It started sparking (like a lightning bolt inside) after 12 months of using it and it scared my family 1/2 to death. I'm throwing it away (there goes $150!) and buying a different one today. I will not buy another GE microwave given my experience, and will certainly shy away from other GE appliances in the future. I highly recommend that you don't buy this model.
on October 7, 2012
It became too noisy after 2 months but was working. My procrastination to call tech support finally came to an end when it stopped working after 8 months. It just makes that loud sound after starting but no heating. Customer service is saying its out of warranty and I have lost my receipt to prove that its just 8 months since I bought it from Target. Shame on GE that it has become.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.