JOYO JF-01 Vintage Overdrive Guitar Effect Pedal with True Bypass
- JOYO Vintage Overdrive, a representation of the classic tube screamer guitar pedal with RC4558 chip. JF-01 overdrive effect is mellow,mild,smooth-simply exquisite, also nice sustain.
- Quality Switch, Tone, Volume and Drive Knobs
- LED, notched knobs
- Stomp box style DPDT switch for clean, quiet switching
- Single ¼ inch (instrument cable) input and output jacks
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
- The Vintage Overdrive JF-01 pedal is one of JOYO most popular effect pedals, introducing warm overtones when used as a clean volume boost, searing tone as well as warmth of a classic overdrive tube amp.
- JF-01 pedal has three control functions: Volume (output), Drive (gain) and Tone. It features true-bypass design, and the world-renowned JRC4588 chip provides a full sound for the guitar.
- JOYO guitar effects "Distortion", "Overdrive" and "Fuzz" are similar in effect, but they each have subtle differences in tone, ranging from warm mild overtones to an extreme manipulation of the guitar signal.
- Distortion effects produce approximately the same amount of distortion at any volume, and its sound alterations are much more pronounced and intense. Fuzz effects alter the audio signal until it is nearly a square wave and will open up a whole new experience when playing the electric guitar.
Compare with similar items
Donner Blues Drive Classical Electronic Vintage Overdrive Guitar Effect Pedal True Bypass Warm/Hot Modes
JOYO JF-02 Ultimate Drive Guitar Effect Pedal Overdrive Pedal with True Bypass
JOYO JF-14 American Sound Overdrive Guitar Pedal from Original Sound to Overdrive Pedal Amplifier Simulation 57 Deluxe AMP Pedal Effect
JOYO JF-36 Sweet Baby Low-Gain Overdrive Pedal Adapt to Various Overdrive Styles for Electric Guitar Effect True Bypass
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Contra Distribution||DonnerDirect||ElitExpress||AITONE||GearTree|
|Item Dimensions||4.00 x 2.00 x 2.00 inches||6.60 x 4.70 x 2.60 inches||21.00 x 6.00 x 51.00 inches||3.94 x 1.97 x 1.97 inches||4.72 x 1.97 x 3.15 inches|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm strictly using this for bedroom volume through a Bugera 5w tube amp. (which is sweet by the way). And Telecasters.
Right away I noticed a difference in tone. Same settings, the Joyo was more muffled sounding, not as much presence.
I had to crank the tone knob to full on the Joyo to get it to match just over half on the Boss.
The Joyo is quiet, the Boss a little more hiss but that's because its just more "alive".
The Joyo is built good. Good for the money.
But for $15 more the tone of the Boss is noticeably better. More presence in tone and more sweep in the use of the knobs.
Just my opinion.
If I was to change anything at all, I'd change the LED to green (and of course swap the biasing resistor accordingly.) I doubt I'll bother. For this price, you can't go wrong. For that matter you could buy two, one for a boost and the other for pure dirt, and still come out with more money in your pocket than buying one of most name brand ODs.
My only gripe is the hideous yellow knobs, that look trashy on my board, but I didnt buy it to be a pretty pedal, I bought it to be a workhorse and it really is!
If it ever breaks I will just buy another.
I do wish it would have more range though.
Top reviews from other countries
I will note, the add says it does come with a 9V battery - it does not, so if you want to use it right away hope you have a power source or a spare battery kicking around. I didn't think this was worth knocking a star off for though.
usual story from now on , checking endless youtube videos , reading forums, this vs that, comparisons u name it...
story ends simple : ordered, arrived, box opened, battery inserted , works flawless.
how does it sound? i have a boss gt8. you cannot compare the overdrives from these two. this pedal just sounds right. its warm/analog,lush. no noise at all, using the battery it came with, not planning buying adaptor fot it, i like mobility/simplicity. i have a cheap strat type and a les paul, this pedal sounds red hot chilli peppers with the strat.
paintjob is awesome, pedal just looks pro. i will use it on gigs no prob with battery. sounds killer with my roland cube 40 xl - and it's a solid state digital amp. i had a boss sd1 a year ago(had 2 give back to me mate), it was allrite but something wasnt all right with the clipping it had. it sounded heavily compressed. not this one. this rocks. thank you joyo.
and yes, delivery was spot on, thing arrived 2 days earlier. good dealer! 100% recommended!!