JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Justice League must stop Lex Luthor from going back in time to eliminate Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman by changing their origin stories. With the help of teen superheroes Karate Kid and Dawnstar, the Justice League must face its biggest challenge ever… the threat of having never existed!]]>
Top Customer Reviews
My Personal Pros:
- Animation is about avg and not as good as the recent movies. Could be worse I guess
- Story is about time travel hence the title which I was pretty happy with.
- Pretty big cast of the more well known DC characters.
- Karate Kid and Dawnstar from the Legion of Super Heroes make an appearance in their 1st movie along side of the Justice League. Was afraid I wouldn't like them here but was liked seeing the new faces.
- Like all or most of the DC animated movies, it also includes 2 bonus shorts. 1st one was The Mysterious Time Creatures from the All New Super Friends Hour Season 2 from 1977. About 23 min long. 2nd one was Elevator to Nowhere from Super Friends Season 5 from 1980). Only about 8 min long. Both are a welcome editions for great cheezy nostalgic fun. It's the 1st time they've included bonus shorts from this era. I actually remember seeing these episodes when I was a kid.
My Personal Cons:
- It's only 53 min long.
- Lack of special features (behind the scenes, interviews, future projects, etc).
- DVD only so no Blu Ray version.
- Worth at least a rental but you can't since it's a Target store exclusive.
Yes, at 52 minutes this is a tad on the short side, but it didn't feel rushed, and the animation is on par with many DC animated TV series. In fact, the tone is somewhat similar to the lighter 3rd season of Justice League Unlimited, but much more grounded than the 80's Super Friends. This is definitely aimed at a younger crowd than something like Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, but is does not deserve to be dismissed as even adults could find something to enjoy.
Unlike the recently released JUSTICE LEAGUE: WAR, rated PG-13 and aimed at older audiences, JLA ADVENTURES: TRAPPED IN TIME is aimed at young children. Yet, it features impressive action, comedic and dramatic sequences by Anne Award winning director Giancarlo Volpe (veteran director of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," "Green Lantern: The Animated Series," "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes," and "Avatar: The Last Airbender"). While Volpe's style is not as distinct as animation star Jay Oliva, he knows how handle both pace and pull off compelling action sequences, delivering an epic climax on a very low budget. The film has the look of the early DC Universe Original Animated Films.
Emmy Award-winning writer Michael Ryan, whose credits include "Transformers: Animated," "Green Lantern: The Animated Series" and "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes," delivers a tight script that manages to deftly move between action, comedy, exposition, parody, epic sequences, and even occasional drama. There's little here to remind you that what the filmmakers are going for is a `re-boot' of the Hanna-Barbera `Super Friends' `70s series. In fact, aside from the homage in the opening titles, and one hilarious visual gag that's best left for the viewer to discover, Ryan's inventive script plays in many ways like some of Bruce Timm's "Justice League" episodes.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is an okay Justice League film. It really doesn't compare to the animated series, either in style or substance. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Adam S
When my grandson visits, he always wants to watch these super heroes. Highly recommend, very entertaining for the little preschoolers who are into the super heroes..Published 2 months ago by Miss B
I love this new outlook on the justice league but would to see more of Batman , Robin, The Flash, The Green Arrow, Green LanternPublished 2 months ago by BIGMIKE
Nicely done, can watch w/ kids w/out a bunch of stuff to fast forward or talk about. Just a nice modern, uncomplicated take on the old Superfriends series. Read morePublished 2 months ago by HuzbendDaddy
Did not hold my attention for very long. Did't bother to finish itPublished 3 months ago by haris Dasti
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Television
- Movies & TV > TV