BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 23, 2015
Looking for good, budget in-ear headphones? Look elsewhere.

Honestly, the worst sounding and worst built headphones I've ever owned. A little bit on me, I own over 20 pairs of IEMs and three of those are JLab products. I've owned, and own plenty of budget IEMs as well as premium brands like Shure, Sennheiser, Klipsch, etc. I have a pretty good idea of what to look for.

Theseso called "Hi-Fi" ear buds have absolutely NO detail in any output, everything sounds cloudy and muffled. The highs are weak, the mids are incredibly muddy and there is a distinct lack of low end. I mean there is no bass response whatsoever. I've tried multiple tips to see if it was just a lack of a proper seal, it isn't.

As for the build quality, it is junk. I had one of the earbuds come apart and I had to glue it back together. The tips come off so easily sometimes they will stay in your ear when you remove these buds, so you'll definitely lose your tips. Also, one of my earbuds became quieter than the other recently.

Need great buds for a great price? The Panasonic RP-TCM125 are less than $12 and blow away many IEMs that are over $30.
review image
on May 14, 2017
STAY AWAY FROM THIS MODEL OF J LAB JBUDS Like other reviewers have stated the quality of music is just BAD. I tried many different variations of equalizer settings and the music from these are just BAD. No matter what I adjusted = Bass Lows Mids Highs or Tremble the sound just is not right. When I did get one song to sound so so to ok the next song that played was back to not good. Just missing a good range of instruments being heard. Almost like listening to a far away band in a hall where you hear some of the instruments and not enough of other tones and in some songs not any other instruments on the track being played. Bought these to match clothing black and yellow and the 6 dollars spent on these was surely not worth the money spent. My Advice Stay Away From This Model - Looks nice yes, comfortable yes, but sound is the main reason you buy ear buds, So these are a big FAIL. If someone gave me pair for free I still would not keep them. Going to give this one away to a person that only listens to audio books, maybe she can get some use out of these.
on October 11, 2015
These are great sounding very comfortable and well made earbuds. Primarily we use them for audio books and for school computing use. They provide clean clear sound for these mediums and do sound pretty decent for music. Our kids are required to have earphones/earbuds for multiple classes and these unlike many earbuds are extremely comfortable for long term wear which is key, they hold up well to less than gentle use, multiple yanking out of the ear episodes, and being shoved into backpacks and pockets without the connection wires breaking. We use them as a backup for bluetooth earbuds during hiking and they hold well to sweeat and activity. They do in fact block out some ambient noise which is nice. We like the bright color combos and the sets of replaceable ear piece that come with them. We have bought quite a few pairs of Jlabs earbuds over the years and for the money they are an exceptional value and we repeatedly buy them over any brand of budget earbuds.
on September 6, 2014
After trying several different brands of ear buds, the JBuds stand out as the most impressive. The buds fit very comfortably due to them coming with three sizes of silicone 'buds' so you can custom your fit. The noise cancellation part of these is adequate, nothing special but they do the job. Where these shine is the sound. The sound is extremely good for an ear bud with consistent volume, no crackling, deep bass, and good range. The sound is much better than their price would suggest. I am writing this review several years after my purchase; in fact I am replacing my own ear buds with the exact same model due to their quality. I use them mostly during treadmill sessions and while I do yard work and find they are quite durable. I get a year or two out of them with frequent use. The thing that necessitated my buying a new pair this time was the jack connection failing and causing uneven sound; still for the price these are great. The different colors make everyone in my family happy, we have bought a bunch of these. I highly recommend them.
on July 24, 2015
I use these earbuds 9 hours a day every day at work. I have used many different headphones with all different price points and these are by far my favorite.

I listen to mostly podcasts & audio books and these provide excellent, clear, well-defined sound for spoken audio. I will say that they are not the greatest for music though but most earbuds aren't that great for music. I prefer over the ear style headphones when listening to music. They are comfortable enough to wear all day and stay in my ears well. The best part about these earbuds is the price. I can't believe you get so much quality for so little $. Buy several pair so you have one at work, home and in the car.

Update: I am removing 1 star because I have broken around 8 pairs of these. They are sensitive to bending around the connector. One ear will short out first and the second will soon follow. For the price, this is somewhat acceptable but a better option may be the Amazon Basics earbuds. I have found them to last longer and have better sound quality.

Premium sound quality, Compact size, and Sleek design
Soft silicone ear buds provide a super comfortable, noise reducing fit
High intensity listening experience with crisp, clear sound and deep bass
Works with every iPod, iPad, iPhone, Tablet, Kindle Fire, mp3 player, CD, portable DVD, PSP, MD, and Laptop
Gold-plated 3.5 mm audio jack for premium, no-loss sound connection to your audio device.
review image
on January 21, 2015
When my original set of ear buds that came with my Nano finally quit, I came to Amazon to find a replacement set. I ultimately went with a JLab JBud set that lasted me a year or so and delivered a solid audio experience. Unfortunately, the right ear bud recently stopped working, so I came here to get a replacement set. Once again I went with JLab JBuds after seeing how this product continued to rate rather highly, and certainly the price continued to be right. Well, I finally got around to using them last week and I have to say that I am very disappointed in the sound quality. Unlike my previous set, this package of JBuds delivers very tinny and significantly inferior audio. In fact, the sound is actually inferior to a pair of old Sony freebie headphones that came with a 10 or so year old portable CD player (I have been happily using them for the last month which is why it took me some time to finally give this set of JBuds a try). No matter what I try, no matter how I configure my Nano sound settings, the sound is just really, really poor. So poor, in fact, that after two days I completely stopped using them and went back to my threadbare Sony headphones. I really don't understand why this set is so sub-par compared to my previous set. Color me disappointed.
on November 29, 2012
I have been using a pair of Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10's as well as a pair of Shure SE530s. For kicks I decided to test a few varieties of cheap earbuds and then give them away to family members. I compared these JBuds Hifi Buds to the Panasonic RPHJE120K and the GOgroove audiOHMs (almost twice the price as the previous two).

As background on the comparison, I'm playing 256kbps variable bit-rate MP3s through a Sandisk Sansa Clip (which sounds great by the way).

The construction of the JBuds is definitely what you'd expect from a sub-$10 pair of headphones. The buds come in a small plastic package. A card insert advertises the fact that JBuds will custom print your logo on them; the first hint that these are meant as free giveaway level buds. The next thing I noticed on taking off the twist tie is that the cable is ridiculously cheap and thin. On further inspection of the ear bud itself, I was surprised to see that there is no speaker screen covering the driver. It's just plastic with some holes drilled into it. The buds also come with extra rubber cushions.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much considering I'd been listening to my UE 10's for an hour on the drive home. However, these ear buds sounded surprisingly good. In fact, I took them off, put them back on and tried several different songs on my player. Everything sounded really good.

The other thing I noticed is that these buds are surprisingly comfortable. They sit in the ear, and then disappear, something I'm not used to with my UE 10's which sort of protrude from the ear in a very noticeable way. Maybe because the cables are so thin, I didn't notice any cable noise either.

In comparison to the other budget buds, these are definitely the best. They are clear and crisp sounding and have decent presentation of both higher frequencies as well as delivering decent bass. I'm impressed enough that I may go for the higher priced buds in JBuds line, just to see how much better they are. What these don't compare to are my UE 10's or Shure SE530s. The difference is night and day both in construction and sound. But then, these are not meant to compare to those other ear buds, considering that they are 20 times cheaper in price.

For anyone looking for a decent sounding (albeit very cheaply constructed ear bud) I'd say you can't go wrong with these.
on June 19, 2015
Abysmal Product!
I expected $7 worth of quality. These buds failed to deliver even that.
Review Amazon’s return policy carefully before purchasing!!

I’m 52 years old and I have tinnitus, so I’m probably not the most demanding audiophile. I wear earbuds for hours a day listening to audiobooks and podcasts, which is also not terribly demanding work for decent headphones. My go-to earbuds are $8 sets purchased from a store like Ross or TJ Max – and since I’m a very active person, I’m always looking for a replacement set. I used these to round-out a $35 order and receive free shipping thinking that if the phones were really bad, then I really wouldn’t be out much.
I was right.
I received the product promptly from Amazon and immediately that JLab eschews the usual blister packaging for a rip-open ‘trail-mix’ bag, so you will have no problem getting to them. I also noticed that the form factor is excellent. They’re easy to grip, and the silicone pads are comfortable and they do reduce noise – just like foam insert hearing protectors do. The body of the phones is all plastic – something cleverly omitted from the product pictures, and the wires are longish at 4.5 feet, but the plastic feels stiffer and less pliable than the Noise Pollution buds (6 months old - $7, from Ross) that I’m currently using.
What this product does NOT do is reproduce audio with anything approaching fidelity. If you’re old enough to remember Charlie Brown cartoons, this product will remind you of the ‘Whaa-Whaa-Whaa’ sound that adults make when they’re talking to a Peanuts character. They’re really REALLY bad. I literally plugged them into a workout MP3 player at ¾ volume overnight, hoping that these things might loosen up a little and play at least acceptably.
No luck.
Since I’m a regular Amazon customer, I presumed that they would have something like a 30-day return period. I procrastinated in returning them (and tried to use them a few more times) but this morning I discovered that they’re not returnable after some 25 days. I’m disappointed…but only $6 worth.

BEWARE.
on March 5, 2015
I get most information via audio streams. I have a low power FM radio transmitter that puts out the signal to my Sangean Pocket Receiver. Usually earbuds withstand 2 months of 6-8 hour days of low volume use before a loose electrical connection causes "retirement." Makes no difference whether I use $2 memorex earbuds or something in the $20 range. I WRAP THE WIRES AROUND THE RADIO when not in use so I guess I'm at fault for the failures. (And I do have a pair of Koss CC_01's on my MP3 player that have lasted 3 years...)

Anyhow, JBuds do an amazing job. They are comfortable, fidelity seems good. I can loosen them in my ear so I hear the stream and ALSO hear tv, radio, doorbell etc. I believe the JBuds have held up because instead of the super flexible wire on most earbuds, JBuds have a stiffer "plastic-like insulation. [Means if I were running the stiffer insulation would transmit body brushing sounds as well. So that might not be ideal for every user.]
JBuds are tough. Do the job. Mine came w/ a 1 yr. warranty. I'm ordering more as just in case spares.
on May 20, 2013
I purchased these and I can honestly say that I have had airline earbuds with better sound than these (you know- the free ones that are meant to be thrown out at the end of the flight). The sound quality was terrible- no midrange or lows at all. Also, the claim to be noise reducing, but did not block out any ambient noise. I think my favorite earbuds are the JVC foam earbuds- they block out almost all the ambient sound and have great audio. These were so bad I sent them back.