Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
JOBY Ballhead for SLR Zoom Tripod - A Ball Head Tripod Mount With Quick Release Plate
|Price:||$35.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ball Head attachment for cameras with zoom lenses weighing up to 3kg (6.5 lb)
- Quick release plate with bubble level: For level shots every time.
- Locking adjustment knob: easily locks the ballhead into place, securing it tightly.
- Stainless steel 1/4" screw with 3/8" adapter: use with any tripod.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
- price point may seem high for small tripods but this is a bargain compared to name brand quality equipment used on large tripods by photo enthusiasts.
- Feature rich including the quick release plate and bubble-leveler.
- Works as advertised.
- the coin screw attachment on the quick release plate is not easy to attach quickly unlike other systems.
- only rated for 6 lbs but this is reasonable for the price range.
- Even for cameras under the 6 lb rating, positioning will sag a bit after locking. This is a common problem for heads as high as $200, but the Joby sag is less than many more expensive heads.
- does not support panning since lock screw freezes all degrees of freedom. More expensive Ball heads normally come with a separate lock for the panning direction.
These clip Joby GP1-11EN Quick Release Replacement Clips for Joby GP1 GorillaPod - Set of 2 might sit evenly, but I already returned the ballhead and can't test it out.
However, it is about 1/2 the size I had expected and the quick release plate is tiny and made with considerable plastic. It does hold my camera steady and that is rather impressive. I tested it with pro-level gear which is very close to the max weight listed for this product (pro DSLR w/Grip and Medium Telephoto Zoom Lens). Given its build quality and small size I do wonder how much wear and tear this item can take over its lifetime.
Basically, if you have a light weight camera this looks to be a great product. However, if you use heavy gear like I do, I'd suggest shopping for something else. I think a better max load should have been 3lbs, not the listed 6.6lbs.
Because these ball heads are affordable, and Joby offers extra quick-release-clips and "flash-shoes" at similarly reasonable prices (though not easily found even on Joby's own website), I've put one of these heads on every one of my tripods (and monopod). I keep clips screwed onto all my still and video cameras, even my GoPro Hero, AND have them with all my flashes. with extras in my camera bag just in case.
Because this gives me ONE, STANDARD system for clicking any / all my cameras onto any/all of my pods, this saves me LOTS of distracting, time-consuming screwing-and-unscrewing when setting flashes and cameras on tripods for still shots in the studio, and/or when setting cameras on tripods for multi-camera video shoots. Want to click out of one and into another to change camera and/or flash angles? A breeze!
I suppose (not that I've ever been able to afford one) that those $300 to $1,000 ball heads you see in the catalogs must be really, really great, and very necessary for aircraft-carrier-sized zoom lenses, but are you really going to lay out that kind of money for multiple devices? I find that these do the job nicely, without cleaning out the bank account.
ADDED BONUS: These heads are nice and compact, so they fit in my monopod and tripod carrying bags; --unlike other ball heads I've seen, which are too big to zip into a sling case or cover.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
WORKED AS DESCRIBED. ANY POINTERS ON HOW TO GET THE BUBBLE IN THE MIDDLE TO LEVEL THE CAMERA?Published 13 days ago by DM
love this little guy for its fluidabilty, ( new word), on my speed lights. Probably not the best if you are something of mass!Published 1 month ago by minnynorsk
This ball head mount works great with an Amazon folding tripod and with my Sony Nex-6 camera. I purchased the inexpensive tripod and added this head so that I could have a little... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Mountain Man
Works just like any ball head. I do like that it will fit most tripods and can fit in your pocket when not in use.Published 1 month ago by JoKenFu
Awesome product can't want to get some great time-lapses shots. Also like the quick release pad, really comes in handy.Published 2 months ago by Carl