JOBY GorillaPod Focus Tripod for DSLR Camera Rigs
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ZOOM IN CLOSE. Get crisper shots with this durable, lightweight tripod. The rubberized foot grips, wrappable legs, and stainless steel plates ensure your pro cameras with large zoom lenses, and external flashes stand strong on the toughest terrain.
- CAPTURE SUPERIOR PERSPECTIVES. Look at life from a different point of view with the GorillaPod Focus. Easy maneuverability and precise positioning with a 360 panning and 90 tilt for those flawless portrait or landscape shots.
- STRONGER THAN THE REST. With machined aluminum sockets and German TPE joins, you'll never have a shaky shot. The Gorilla Pod Focus can fiercely secure equipment up to 11 lbs. to virtually any surface, making the impossible shot, possible.
- SET UP WITH EASE. Weighing about 3 lbs. you can take this anywhere. The Arca-Swiss quick release plate simply stays connected to your camera, so you can interchange with ease. Hold on tight with the 1/4" standard tripod mount and 3/8" adapter.
- MADE TO LAST. Made of durable ABS plastic, stainless steel, TPE, and Zinc-Aluminum, it’s made for the wear and tear of everyday life, or the rigor of your favorite adventure. Pair it with your regular, mirrorless, or pro DSLR to capture every moment.
There is a newer model of this item:
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
JOBY GorillaPod Focus: Flexible Tripod for DSLRs with Zoom Lenses Up to 5kg
Capture Better Perspectives
Flexible, wrappable legs allow you to secure professional camera equipment weighing up to 11.1 pounds (5 kilograms) to virtually any surface, enabling you to capture shots you couldn’t before.
Rubberized Ring and Foot Grips
Provide stability on rough or uneven terrain, and grip securely when wrapping around branches or poles.
Provides a Secure Mount
Securely mount cameras or tripod heads with universal stainless steel 1/4 inch-20 tripod screw or included 3/8 inch adapter.
|GorillaPod Original||GorillaPod Hybrid||GorillaPod SLR-Zoom||GorillaPod SLR-Zoom & Ballhead||GorillaPod Focus||GorillaPod Focus & Ballhead|
|What is the capacity of this GorillaPod?||0.72 lbs (325g)||2.2 lbs (1kg)||6.6 lbs (3kg)||6.6 lbs (3kg)||11 lbs (5kg)||11 lbs (5kg)|
|Weight of GorillaPod||0.10 lbs||0.42 lbs||0.42 lbs||0.75 lbs||1.10 lbs||1.68 lbs|
|Connection Point||1/4"-20 standard tripod mount||1/4"-20 standard tripod mount||1/4"-20 standard tripod mount, 3/8" adapter||1/4"-20 standard tripod mount, 3/8" adapter||1/4"-20 standard tripod mount, 3/8" adapter||1/4"-20 standard tripod mount, 3/8" adapter|
|Materials||ABS Plastic, Stainless Steel, TPE||ABS Plastic, Stainless Steel, TPE||ABS Plastic, Stainless Steel, TPE||ABS Plastic, Stainless Steel, TPE||ABS Plastic, Stainless Steel, TPE, Zinc-Aluminum||ABS Plastic, Stainless Steel, TPE, Zinc-Aluminum|
|Product Dimensions||1.18 x 1.18 x 5.91 in||2.17 x 2.17 x 10.12 in||2.36 x 2.36 x 10.04 in||2.36 x 2.36 x 12.52 in||3.62 x 3.62 x 11.42 in||3.62 x 3.62 x 14.69 in|
|Designed for||Point & Shoot||ILC or CSC||DSLR with Zoom Lens up to 3kg or External Flash||DSLR with Zoom Lens up to 3kg or External Flash||DSLR with Zoom Lens up to 5kg or External Flash||DSLR with Zoom Lens up to 5kg or External Flash|
CRISPER PHOTOS, SMOOTHER VIDEOS. Capture crisper photos, smoother videos, and optimal media consumption when using the Gorilla Pod Focus. The strongest GorillaPod out there, with superior hold that will never let you lose your grip. This lightweight, professional tripod and ballhead bundle is designed for use with you DSLR, mirrorless DSLR, Pro DSLR, external flash and camcorders, all up to 11 lbs. (5kg.), you can stabilize your images, for a crisper, clearer click. TURN YOUR WORLD UPSIDEDOWN. Make the once impossible photograph, possible. Take previous limitations out of the equation with the GorillaPod Focus. Quickly switch between portrait, or landscape, or somewhere in between as you quickly review your work, or set up for the next shot. The 360 pan and 90 tilt knobs tighten independently allowing you extra-versatility as you capture your image or pan your video footage flawlessly. There’s no room for hesitation when you unleash your creativity, which is why the Arca-Swiss compatibility system and quick release plate allows you to seamlessly transition when on the go. The flexible, wrappable legs will secure your camera, or professional equipment weighing up to 11 lbs. They will stay secure, even when you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. The rubberized ring and footgrips keep your gear standing strong, or you can utilize the octopus style tripod legs to wrap around almost any structure, from fences to trees. This tripod and fits easily in your camera bag or backpack, so you can take it virtually anywhere. COMPATIBILITY OPTIONS. Made out of durable, yet lightweight ABS plastic, zinc-aluminum, TPE Grip pads, and stainless steel, the JOBY GripTight GorillaPod Focus with Ballhead X Bundle will never let your camera and professional equipment slip out of its grasp. Designed for any DSLR variation with large range zoom, professional grade camcorders, or external flashes up to 11 lbs. (5kg.), you’ll get the sturdy structure you need, for the images you want. With a ¼”-20 thread standard tripod mount, you can easily use it with other JOBY tripods and stands. Give yourself the tools you need to take better photos and smoother videos with the GripTight GorillaPod Focus with Ballhead X Bundle, the ultimate versatile tripod.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Important advice: I purchased the cheaper, smaller version of this tripod and I did not like it. It was too light and flimsy to support my Panasonic GH-4 and Panasonic WXF-991.
So, spend the extra money and get this tripod, not the cheaper one. It is a great product.
2. With that being said, if you need a table top type tripod or a flexible tripod, then this is a no brainer purchase. Unlike the cheaper / smaller Joby tripods (which I have purchased in the past-> bad choice), this unit was well made, sturdy / solid, and most importantly is set up to utilize a ball head. The ball head issue is critical in my opinion because this will allow one to more securely hold their camera in place as well as more easily set up the camera for a shot. If you buy the cheaper Joby products that don't allow one to utilize an independent ball head, you're camera may sag at that junction point (it's somewhat difficult to explain but trust me on this one).
3. Now there may be folks wondering if they do need this bigger unit; it is definitely bigger than the lower end models (but definitely still compact compared to a regular tripod)--> I would advise that IF you shoot with any camera (s) other than a true small point / shoot, then just get this unit. As many have noted in their reviews, Joby overestimates the weight capacity of their units and thus don't waste your money on the cheaper models. Just get this one unit, which then should last for hopefully a long time and you'll experience a solid little tripod that actually works. In terms of the extra costs of buying a little ball head--> just get one, because you'll always be able to use that ball head with other tripods down the road. Various companies make nice little ballheads (velbon, really right stuff, the joby one looks fairly decent etc...)
If you are looking a versatile tripod that will keep you from carrying a lot of extra gear this is a must have.
This is a short first thought on my latest toy. Its specs report it to be able to hold 11 pounds. I am not sure how valid and important a metric that is. Most importantly it is the largest of the Joby products. It lists for almost 110$ US on Amazon, but I got it for 53$ US due to future shipment date and sale prices. I bought this for use with a D300 and a 55mm f2.8 MF and a 18-200mm VR. I got it for hiking and snowshoeing so I could be in the picture without having to lug a monopod or tripod. I wanted to attach this thing to an adjoining tree and get into the picture... I also wanted to use this as a basic small travel tripod, again to allow me to get into the picture. Once I got this, I found it quite nice for a very low tripod to take macro photos of small flowers like crocuses and such.
I would recommend always using a head; In my case, I use the same smaller head I use on my monopod, a Manfrotto 486RC2 head. This smaller head fits perfectly on the top of the Gorillapod. It also allows you to align everything so that gravity goes straight down the tripod and then focus the camera where you want.
I would not recommend trying to photograph in portrait position without a L bracket. With the right head, you obviously can do it but the center of weight is all wrong and the vibrations are magnified. And even pressing the picture release button with this Gorillapod aligned correctly with gravity will move the camera; doing so with the camera in non centered portrait position, even more so.
Perhaps it is best not to think of this as a tripod; instead think of it as a hybrid mini tripod attachment device. The gorillapod focus does not dampen vibrations; I bet it increases them. But as an attachment device with the goal of attachment and hands free tripod operation, it has no real product opposition in the marketplace for the price.
In short this product will force me to improve my technique: Shutter up; Remote actuation; correct weight alignment on Gorillapod; etc. But for me and its intended use, I think I am going to like it a lot. In the short time I have had it has already proved worth its value.
PS, while I got a reduced price due to agreeing to a future shipment date, I got mine delivered earlier than estimated. Yahooo!
Most recent customer reviews
but i've got a olny tripod.
i just checked