4 Year Asurion Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Cover drops, spills, cracked screens along with electrical and mechanical issues
- Accidents happen - Be Prepared - Your coverage starts immediately
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Joby GPM-A1EN GorillaPod Magnetic Flexible Tripod (Black)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- CAPTURE BETTER PERSPECTIVES: Flexible wrappable joints secure the tripod to objects and position the camera at any angle to frame the perfect shot
- STABILITY ON ANY SURFACE: Rubberized ring/foot grips allow you to capture crisp photos, even in low light
- PORTABLE: Flexible and lightweight legs allow you to easily store and carry when on the go
- QUICK SET-UP: Quick-release clip stays connected to your camera
- MAGNETIC: Super strong magnetic feet attach to anything magnetic
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Grip Type: Tripod
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I really wanted to like this product. In fact, I wanted to LOVE it. I still do.
However, I have owned and replaced several of these, and all of them have failed in the same manner: the joints of the legs quickly wear out in two ways: they simply wear down so there is no friction in the individual joints, and they develop micro (or macro) cracks which also make them floppy. And the 'tripod' simply doesn't work when the many-jointed legs are floppy and constantly falling out.
The JOBY GorillaPod is one of those very good ideas that simply fail to deliver, at least not in these smaller sizes. Maybe the larger ones have more durability, but I remain sadly disappointed in the several of these which I have purchased. I bought it to hold my various smart phones for photography - usually of the Samsung S7 variety, which it would do when new.
+tripod is small and lightweight. I took it on a 2 week trip to thailand and had it velcro'd to my water bottle holder
+flexible legs made it useful in all situations. I had it sitting on rocks, tables, tree branches
- neck joint wasn't strong enough to hold the iphone 7+ upright
- the magnets on the ends are not strong enough to support the weight of the iphone 7+
If you had four of them it'd be relatively easy to triple up the feet and lengthen the legs so it's easier to attach to things.
The other downside was that the legs did not have the gripping power I thought they would, when wrapped around objects. Again, the stand would shift, slide, and generally not stay stable.
The good part of this was the quick release clip, which, once installed on your camera, made attaching and detaching the stand a breeze. However, if you're looking to use this for a heavier point and shoot, I'd rethink that.
The fact that I sent this product back has nothing to do with quality. This little bugger is extremely cool both in looks and usefulness. The little black balls are fully articulated joints made of durable and powerful magnets. The red ball tips are rubberized so as to avoid marring the surface it sits on. The size is perfect: sturdy enough for outdoor use and big enough to wrap around a big branch or a small tree. This little wonder is a true marvel!
Except... The little screw on the top of the unit must be mated with a suitable docket. I'm a newbie so it is my fault for not asking how it joined to a camera. And without the proper mating there is no plan B. Believe me, I tried to find another way to jury-rig the damn thing but no luck. Sigh.
But if you do know how to fix this to your camera, by all means, buy it! You won't be disappointed.
Using a tripod obviously makes for better photographs, but its impractical to carry a full sized tripod around. This solves that problem and then some. Being able to wrap this tripod around just about anything or stick it to something metalic can make for some amazing shot angles. I think that this is a great gift idea for a camera enthusiast. I'd be willing to bet they had never seen such a device.