- Series: The Planetary Exploration Series
- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: Yale University Press; y First printing edition (September 10, 1982)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0300024088
- ISBN-13: 978-0300024081
- Product Dimensions: 1.2 x 6.5 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,080,400 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
JPL and the American Space Program: A History of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (The Planetary Exploration Series) Hardcover – September 10, 1982
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
By the time Sputnik was launched, JPL had Wehrner von Braun & his team of rocket engineers to contend with. They had done a lot of work on telemetry and celestial navigation in the early '50s so they moved away from the propulsion end of space travel into satellites and interplanetary exploration.
The book is filled with details of launches and budget fights but never in a way that is dry or boring. I'll come back and update this review when I finish it!