Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 68 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 80 reviews
If I could give this 10 stars I would! Love love love this machine! So much so, I bought two! I bought one of these, then a week later I bought a second one and a Grace quilt frame to use one of them one.
What is so great about this machine? It's substantial. It's heavy duty and a workhorse. There is no plastic, it weighs a lot if that is a concern for you. It has an all metal body and components. This machine goes fast if you want it to, it responds extremely quickly, you want it to speed up, or slow down it's like johnny on the spot. There is no wearing this machine out. I sew daily and put machines through their paces and this one is up to that challenge. It's pretty. All bright white, super clean looking. Visibility is fantastic. The head of the machine is tapered, look at the pic. That tapered head provides an unimpeded view of your project. This is great, because so many machines now have so many electronics the head of the machine is huge... which hides your project. Free Motion Quilting on this machine is easy due to this tapered head and visibility. PERFECT stitches, this machine does one this... straight stitch, but it does it perfectly. You can't mess this up, if you are doing free motion, it just does it perfectly. You know how so many machines will make long stitches, eyelash tension problems or break thread when trying to do FMQ, and it's so hard to get tension right? Well, not with this baby. Listen, I have done FMQ with this machine and it's MADE for this task. First, the knob on top of the head is to adjust the pressure foot pressure, which means that I can even FMQ using the regular piecing foot if I want to. (and I have). I have had no problems with tension or eyelashing.. this machine just makes FMQ simple. The thread holder, is fabulous, no tangles no trouble. And I just leave a spool on the second spindle set up for winding bobbins all the time, so I don't have to unthread the needle. It's quiet for a machine. The auto thread cutter is amazing! You rock your foot back, it cuts. Not only does it cut with a push of your foot, it leaves the tiniest tail! And it starts sewing perfectly every time. So, there is no trimming long tails, and no having to take the bobbin out to lengthen the thread to get it to start again like other machines can often do.. it catches the tails and starts again every time. I love that if I use the cutter button, I have a tiny quarter inch tail left. No trimming to do and it saves thread. I love that I can cut the thread with my FOOT! The knee lifter also means that you can cut and lift without ever taking your hands off the machine. You don't have to lift the pressure foot by hand, or push the cut button by hand.

I just can't find anything "wrong" with this machine. The lighting could be better but it is not bad and it's WAY better than my Elna and Brother machines, so while more light would be great it's got more lighting than most machines. You DO have to oil this machine each time you use it. BUT in my world that is a plus, not a detriment. Why? Because it allows you to service your machine, know its lubricated properly. These self lubed machines eventually suffer problems and you can't do it yourself, you have to take the machine for service.

I am shocked at the low price of this machine for the joy of using it. It's the best machine that I have ever owned and it's the cheapest. I have a 6,000.00 Elna, which does not hold a candle to this Juki, though the Elna of course does all the fancy stuff, zig zag, embroidery etc. But I despise actually sewing on the Elna because of the large head and poor lighting.

How about the one on the Grace SR2 Frame... it's as great as it is on the sewing table. Just simple, just works, just no problems.

If you are a quilter, and you want the PERFECT QUARTER INCH SEAM, this is the machine for that. If you are a quilter and you want simple, perfect, easy, reliable, joyful, sewing... this is the machine for that. This machine is a PARTNER, not a tool. It's truly a quilter's partner. I wish I had gotten one of theses years ago. You would have NEVER convinced me that a machine could improve my quilting after 20 years of experience, but this machine has made my quilts crisper and better. People think I am crazy, they say... but .. but.. it only does a straight stitch.. who wants just a straight stitch machine... then they use it and buy one.
22 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 28, 2015
While I really like this machine, I can easily see how this machine would get bad reviews, it is not plug & play, drop in a bobbin and go. If you need plug & play, save yourself the headache and get a Singer HD 4423 for $126 . Of course you will toss the Singer in the landfill in about 2-3 years because it will not hold up over time if you use it mainly for heavy projects. There is a learning curve with the Tl-2000Qi /2010Qi and several things that MUST happen before this machine will perform as intended. First off, this is a full rotary hook machine and the top thread tension and bobbin tension (manually adjusted on the bobbin case) must be exact or it will not sew properly. Second, the needle must be the correct one for the job. Third, the presser foot must be adjusted to adequately move the material without binding or slipping. Once dialed in, it will sew like a dream. I use mine for upholstery and canvas/sunbrella and it is excellent so far. It will sew through nine layers of sunbrella without a groan or grunt using the correct needle. You must have multiple bobbin cases if you use different bobbin thread weights, to avoid continual bobbin tension adjustments.

Also there are so many "versions" of this machine floating around at various prices that look almost the same. Brother, Viking, Janome, Babylok, Singer, all have a version of this machine. They are NOT the same inside, trust me I have looked. The Juki is by far the best made internally and externally. The parts list for all of the various clones are available with a quick google search. I encourage you to look for yourself and confirm the facts that I discovered. This Juki Tl-2000Qi has (6) oil ports. Most new machines have none. Also this machine is NOT a manual machine with no computer parts or sensors to fail, in fact there are plenty. I only hope they last and are built with the same robust nature as the mechanical aspects of this machines construction. In closing, I recommend this machine for those seeking a truly heavy duty straight stitch machine at less than $1000.
33 comments| 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 11, 2015
Great machine so far . The only drawbacks are with the manual, it is very difficult to understand.
on March 16, 2015
I bought this machine after having issues with another machine that I was given to try to use for free-motion quilting. I spent a few months going back and forth between a few machines before deciding on purchasing this. The Juki does the job splendidly! I love the results in using it. It works like a dream, is quiet and efficient, and fun and simple to use. I bought this only recently and have finished 3 quilts in the past couple of weeks since purchasing it. It only has a straight stitch by the way (which is fine by me). It came with a regular foot, walking foot and free motion quilting foot as well as some bobbins and a screw driver so that you can change your needles, feet, and open it up to clean it. It also comes with a little oil container which I recommend using whenever you have a big job to do. There is an easy feed switch to drop the feed dogs or lift them up right in front (I always hate trying to figure out where those switches are). It automatically threads your machine (but I am old-skool I suppose and thread it myself regardless), comes with the table for big jobs like quilting that has adjustable feet, it has a knee release, has a thread trimmer/cutter button, has a foot pressure gauge as well as tension knob and thread adjustment knob. It took me an hour to figure out how to thread everything, but you quickly become adjusted and will easily figure it out after the first couple of times. I did already have to clean out the machine since I quilted two twin sized quilts and one full sized quilt. Also this machine comes with needles too (both sized 11 and 14s). I always hated threading bobbins with machines, but this one does it so easily! Yey! Definitely love my Juki!
11 comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 18, 2014
I really love Juki machines, this is my second machine I have purchased in the last few years. Love love
on January 1, 2016
Love it! If you're use to using a straight stitch industrial machines then this a great machine for you.
on October 18, 2012
The Juki TL-2000Qi has surpassed my expectations. I learned to use it by reading the manual and experimenting with the different functions needed for its care and operation. I am not an inexperienced sewer. A person with less experience might find learning to use the machine without help more of challenge. The quality of the stitches has been uniformly excellent. The bobbins wind evenly. Thread from spools and cones feeds well as I sew. My initial sewing project ---making new drapes for three rooms in my home using both medium-heavy fabric and shear silk --- went quickly due to the speed of the machine. I am impressed by it's ability to handle fabrics of different weights. I like the control I have over the speed and pressure foot using both the foot pedal and the knee lift lever. As a fiber artist who does free motion quilting, I found youtube instructions on the use of the TL2000Qi for free motion quilting helpful. Mrs. Gary Rolph
0Comment| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 15, 2017
Omg this machine is AWESOME.... I am a high end couture designer who designs for some of the wealthiesy and powerful women in America and I know quality....and I also only wear clothes I design..... I do miss my industrial Juki machine but I dont't have room in here for it so this a step right below that.... it's solid hard steel yet still has computerized functions... get the tension between the vobbin and needle right and you are smooth sailing!!!
review image
11 comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 6, 2016
After researching and researching I decided to splurge on a new Juki - I went back and forth between this and the 2010, but decided it wasn't worth the extra $$$ to get the newer model. It is easy to control the speed with the foot pedal so I am very glad I gave it a try. I quilted a baby quilt on it first using just regular Coats and Clark thread and it did just fine :) I know it's linty, will just have to clean it more often. No tension issues. The thread cutter is my absolute favorite feature - save so much time and thread! I read both negative and positive reviews before buying big ticket items and after reading through the manual I think many people's complaints could have been solved fairly easily - not all, no, but the vast majority. I also am happy to have something that's not computerized... sure, there are some electrical features, but the majority of the features are mechanical. Yay!

This is such a far cry from the struggles I had with my inexpensive Janome. I have had a number of back burner projects that I just didn't want to deal with - now? Bring it on! Let the quilting begin!
on September 6, 2013
My wife and I gave my sister our old Grace Frame and then found out she did not have a quilting machine, Since my wife kept the machine (Juki TL98Q) that came with the Grace Frame, we figured we would get her a machine that we new had a good reputation. She has been quilting up a storm with the setup she now has.
0Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse