Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on July 22, 2017
I really like Tosca, I do! But this book would have been better as a freebie for buying one of her other more substantive books. This is basically a lengthy pamphlet. If you already know what she's about, you don't need this. If you don't know what she, or "clean eating" is about, save your money and get one of her other books.
7 people found this helpful
on March 28, 2014
I purchased this book as a gift for my sister who is trying to lose weight. I had purchased Tosca's first Eat Clean book when it came out a while ago. I used the principles in it to lose 86 pounds (many, many dress sizes) and wanted to share the 'eating clean' concept with my sister, but not overwhelm her with details. I really liked the idea of this book, providing just the basic rules. I thought this book would help to motivate my sister to get back on track with her eating for the new year and can honestly say that since I gave it to her in October, she has lost over 30 pounds!

While there is some information that is similar in all of the eat clean books (like chapters on the importance of drinking water and eating breakfast), there are a lot of new ideas presented in a very easy to use format. If you are trying to decide which "Eat Clean Diet" book by Tosca Reno to purchase, I would recommend buying this one since it contains more recent information about nutritional studies.

I find Reno to be very motivating, and, if you're struggling to lose weight, you will probably find her books really helpful. The idea behind clean eating is that you eat foods that are as close to their natural state as possible, without adding in extra sugar, chemicals, etc. Eating six meals a day ensures that you never go hungry, and you don't have to worry about calorie counting.

I first discovered Reno in Oxygen fitness magazine which her husband is the editor of and she is a regular columnist. I was happy to see that Robert Kennedy Publishing (the group that publishes Reno's book and Oxygen) began a new magazine called Clean Eating. If you want even more seasonal, healthy recipes and nutrition tips, I definitely recommend subscribing to it. Just be warned, however, that it contains a lot of ads promoting Reno's books -- to an annoying degree. If you can look past those ads, it makes a nice addition to a clean-eating lifestyle. And a clean-eating lifestyle helped me to shed 86 pounds and my sister to shed over 30 pounds. Thanks Tosca for such a wonderful collection of books.
11 people found this helpful
on April 11, 2018
I really love Tosca Reno! She has a lot of great information for anyone starting a lifestyle change. I would highly recommend this book.
One person found this helpful
on January 18, 2015
Small books, fits the purse. Really helpful when shopping, for groceries, for kitchen equipment, for exercise stuff. Full of ideas, and daily reminder thoughts to help any person keep with a new lifestyle choice.
2 people found this helpful
on May 6, 2018
Liked that it was simple and just gave you easy to understand information. Not a lot of confusing scientific jargon.. just facts.
on December 10, 2016
Tosca Reno is awesome and makes health and nutrition easy to understand and use in real life. Everyone should own all her books.
on November 28, 2012
This book was just too bare-bones for me. I found that each little section read more like the introduction to something else that never came. She would give a 'rule' but no supporting or surrounding or meatier information on it. It was very frustrating. Don't get me wrong - I like Tosca Reno's style and ideas. But I feel like I wasted money on this book - I went out and bought one of her bigger books instead that contains way more information. If you're looking for an intro on clean eating (which is why I bought it), this does give her rules, but not enough information to where I felt like I was ready to take on the clean eating lifestyle.
on October 13, 2013
This was a fairly expensive little book and basically (as she says) is just the rules from her more expanded diet plan. Very similar to other books on the subject. If you are really into the clean eating lifestyle (not a beginner) this book may be perfect for you. I just need more detail and should have bought her earlier book.
on April 9, 2013
This is a great book for anyone trying to eat healthy or become healthier. Not only did I purchase the kindle version for myself, but I bought hard copies from Amazon and had them mailed to my 17 year old niece and baby Sister. You are never to young or old to begin healthy habits. Feeling better about yourself through improved eating habits and exercise can change your way of life!!! Thanks Tosca Reno!!
on August 9, 2015
Don't waste your money. This book was too vague. If your looking to start this diet. I recommend buying "Clean eating Freezer Meals" from the Gracious Pantry" Author.

There was nothing in this small book that isn't already online. It was just basic things everyone already knows.