Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now FFII_gno

Size: ..Stereo|Color: black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 514 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 570 reviews
on July 13, 2012
these are exactly what I was looking for.

I read all other reviews on this product prior to purchasing and I must say that I am completely satisfied with my purchase.

The fit: With the interchangeable inner ear pieces, I was able to select the perfect size for my ears - not too big not too small, just right. The over-the-ear hooks are incredibly comfortable and ensure that they stay perfectly in place no matter what you are doing (running, laying down, even doing jumping jacks or jump rope).

The sound: All sound that these produce I have found to be exceptionally better than all headphones I have had in the past. (now I have never owned "beats audio headphones" or anything too over the top, but I am someone who loves to listed to music and watch movies (I even sometimes record my own videos, music and songs and use these to help me edit them) I have also found that they produce clear crisp detailed sound even when on a very low volume level. Also, the fact that they go slightly into your ear allows for the sound to be richer and they even slightly cancel out other sounds (sometimes I even use them as I sleep because they muffle out background sounds and help me sleep better)

The looks: They are simple, sleek and light. They are not bold or distracting on (and are also very easily blended into my dark hair - some people don't even realize that I am using them) *keep in mind also that the hook goes behind your ear so only a little bit of the earphone is visible*

Also: These are sweat/water resistant so when you are working out and sweating or even if you are at the pool or beach (where they might get into contact with some moisture) You can put your mind at ease knowing that a few drops of water won't hurt them. I have even used them after swimming while I lay out in the sun (with my hair still wet).

Bottom Line: I am very satisfied with this product. If they ever broke or got lost, I would buy new ones,and I would recommend them to a friend. If you want a budget-friendly, above-average-sound-producing, sport-ready, water-resistant and comfortable headset that stays in place no matter what, THESE ARE IT :)
22 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2013
Sound quality is amazing for the price but these headphones aren't durable. They lasted less than 2 weeks before the wiring shorted out and I could only get sound through one headphone
on March 21, 2012
My wife and I like these so much we each bought a second one! They are excellent for walking, running or working at the gym because they hold in the ear much better than any we've tried that didn't have the ear hooks. I've boosted the bass on mi iPod because I like hearing those really, really lows, at low listening volume, that these headphones create. My wife and I don't demand the very best sound possible, so we've not about to pay a ton of money for just a little improvement in sound. And if we lose or break these its no big loss...we have a backup pair. We just hope JVC doesn't stop making these. Oh, by the way, there are a lot of different colors of this same model headphone and the reviews seem to vary among them. I believe they all perform the same though since we now have four different color ones and they all sound the same to us.
on March 29, 2013
These do fit alot better for me than other ear bud type earphones I've had in the past, but I do need to use the plastic inserts from the monster ear buds I bought last month to give better fit in my ear. These supplied plastic inserts these came with suffice but I still get the feeling of them falling out, and I enjoy bass sound, but these fit loose enough in my ear that I don't get that full bass sound I enjoy. I have weird ear canals so most earbuds will not work in my ears but these are about as close as it will probably come to having ear phones that won't feel as if they are falling out of my ear. I was worried about the behind the ear clip rubbing on the back of my ear but so far they are comfortable.

**update**

so these went for a trip through the washer this past week. I totally expected them to be destroyed and having to buy another pair, but low and behold they work as if they never went into the washer. To me that's pretty outstanding....had it been a pair of Yurbuds or Bose earbuds, they would have been history. Shows that spending less than $20 for headphones works out, especially when they have the deep bass that the more expensive ones have, and they can take a beating in the washing machine

**7 month update**

the right speaker has lost the majority of its sound. At first I thought my age was catching up to me but after listening to the speakers in the opposite ears, it was found that the sound was being lost. I guess for any speaker this can be expected, and with these having taken a trip through the washer previously, it may have just sped up the deterioration. These are great sounding headphones when they want to be but mass production I think takes it toll
on November 19, 2016
I purchased these as a backup for my current earbuds. I do a live radio/video broadcast and I like the appearance of the behind-the-ear configuration. I run the cable down the back of my shirt and the earbuds are barely noticeable. The set I already have, which I also purchased on Amazon, are great! Unfortunately, they were sold out when I decided to purchase a backup set. That's how I ended up with these.

The quality of these compared to my current earbuds is substandard. The cable feels like it will fall apart at any minute. The plug isn't even close to the heavy duty plug I'm accustomed to. The portion which goes behind the ear is "weird" and the overall build just feels cheap. The sound quality isn't anything to write home about, either.

I was expecting a little more from JVC. This is disappointing.
on June 17, 2016
I don't really know much about the specifics of audio quality or how deep the bass is, or whatever, so I don't really care about that in my headphones. The music comes out very clear and the medium size earbuds fit in my ears pretty well. Unfortunately after about 5 months, one of the little rubbery earbuds came off while I was pulling them out of my bag in the street and it was lost. I use the larger size now and they don't fit as well in my ears.

It's been just over six months, I use them every day, for several hours a day at work and when I go to the gym. No real problems so far. Biggest problem was that the rubbery parts do start to get a little loose after a while and can fall out.
on March 14, 2016
I've purchased two pairs of these headphones. I bought the first pair at a popular brick-and-mortar store...they had very good range, bass, etc. So I ordered an identical pair from Amazon. The Amazon pair that arrived at my home looked exactly the same but the sound was lower quality when compared side-by-side with the same pair I bought from the other store. The biggest difference was this pair has much less "bass." The Amazon pair worked "ok" so I kept it. Also, the interchangeable earpieces fall off accidentally too easily and get lost. I finally lost the last replacement today...I guess I'm just supposed to throw these earphones away since I can't find any replacement rubber pieces.
on March 23, 2016
I like the comfort of these headphones. They fit well around the ear and the sound was fair. BUT...the right ear stopped working after 7 months of medium use. And I take great care of headphones making sure not to tug on them and wrap them in wash cloth when storing away in my gym bag. The worst of the matter is this is the SECOND PAIR that did this. I gave them a second chance when the last ones lasted only 8 months! I really thought that maybe it was just an isolated event so for reasons of comfort and positive reviews on here I bought them again. The same thing had happened with one ear going dead. These are junk!!! Headphones should last longer than this with medium use! Don't waste your money!
on December 18, 2012
I wouldn't consider these sport headphones. While they do wrap the ear and are quite comfortable, they don't stay in the inner ear the way I'd like. The silicone plug that is supposed stay pressed against your inner ear and offer a better sounding base. But I noticed that they oftentimes slipped out of the ear and created an incredible increase in treble. Like I said, they're decent. I'd even go as far as saying they're real good for the price. But in all honesty I wouldn't buy them again.
on August 7, 2014
First be aware that this review is based off the price that I bought them at of about $12 in 2013.

That being said, these headphones are pretty good for exercise. They stay put well and have descent sound quality. For me they're just a touch sharp on higher pitch sounds. But when you press them in nice and deep as they should be the bass delivery is pretty good.

I wouldn't use these for everyday use though. I just use them to exercise with, which I do a lot. They seem to be holding up pretty well. It's been nearly a year and I don't have to replace them. To compare I replace my apple ear buds about once every three months.

Also I feel these passively isolate noise really well (again for their price). I can still hear people talking if the music is low, but for the bassier and louder music I don't hear much of the outside world.

Overall I like these and will probably buy them again as an exercise only pair of headphones.