Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: JVC HAF130B Gumy Earbuds (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Color: Black|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on June 22, 2008
I've had these earphones for months!

They never broke, I've stretched it, abused it, and I even dropped it in soup.

I bought this from a gas station a long time ago, for $9'99, there was one right next to it for $2 ..My brother bought the cheap ones and they broke a week later..he probably bought around 10 of those cheap earphones ($2) by now, and they all broke..but as I said, I still have my Gumy earphones after all this time :)

I don't know what the other people are talking about, I find them very comfortable and very good in terms of sound quality, I think these are worth a lot more than $9.99 - I would pay $30 for these ..
I got more than what I expected and I'd gladly buy it again...if..and that is IF they break.
on June 28, 2009
these are AMAZING headphones..everyone is saying tht they do not fit in the ears, but everyones ears are different sized. so it doesnt hurt just buying a pair and trying them out. i use them for everything from my phone to my laptop and ipod. i have one in black, mint blue, and green. these headsets have good bass and an outstanding treb. the lanyard is of good length and the actual headphones rock. buy one and thn contradict if im wrong.
on May 6, 2009
I'll keep this short and sweet. These earbuds are perfect for me for the following reasons:

Size - I have small ears. These fit better than any earbuds I've ever used (including Apple's famous little white ones).

Comfort - Along with their compact size, these little guys are very comfortable in my ears.

Sound - They pack a nice punch and have a great sound quality. I have never needed them to be louder than they allow, except for using them on Pandora on my Blackberry, but that's a problem with that particular app.

Here's one more little tidbit that might entice you to buy these. I actually recently wrote a letter to JVC begging them not to discontinue this product. Ever. This is my third pair, and I don't know what I'll do if I can't buy more when I eventually step on my current ones, or lose them, or something similar. :)
on October 27, 2011
The JVC Gumy earbuds are the only earbuds that work for me. I've tried numerous ones from Sony, Philips, and many others within this price range, and I always come back to the JVC Gumys. They're cheap, durable, and provide a clean, standard sound. The sound isn't horrible quality, but it's very good for earbuds under $10. Don't expect Bose quality in your ear. The bass is soft and has a nice gentle "kick" or "thump" (very clean and not boomy). They sound great with trance or other electronic dance music. The treble is not high, but it's not muffled or muddy, either. These earbuds are also comfortable in the ear, and that seems to be a hard find for me. I'm very picky about my earbuds and how they fit. The chord is a perfect length as well. It's not too short and not too long. It's long enough to have your iPod in your left/right pants pocket with a little bit of play in the chord.

I've gone through about four or five pairs now, but that's my fault. After falling asleep and waking up in the middle of the night with my iPod playing, I turn it off and set it on the floor beside my bed. Our cat finds the earbuds the next morning and by then they're destroyed, but no biggie -- these earbuds are easily replaceable.

Overall, these are the best earbuds under $10 that I could find. They're very durable, fit great in the ear, and provide a clean, soft sound for their price.
on December 24, 2011
This buds are amazing! Received them in 2.5 days with STANDARD SHIPPING and was so happy to see how sexy these buds look on me. The bass and sound quality is amazing compared to what i paid for. The outer core of the buds are soft like gum (hence the name gumy) and are perfect. Even though the title doesn't say it, these buds work like noise-cancelling headphones (my family can testify to that). The only thing that bugs me is the way the buds are shaped and how they fit. After 3 hrs of use, my right ear started hurting but my left ear felt fine. Maybe its me or somethings wrong. I don't know. These were definitely worth every cent i paid for.
on April 21, 2009
Excellent product. I bought this set as a second pair to my original, brighter blue, Gumy earbuds, with which I was completely satisfied. Now I'm 2 for 2 on satisfaction with this product, and can say with confidence that these earbuds outperform others in this price range with respect to comfort, performance, and durability. Fits very well into the ear, and the left and right earbuds are ACTUALLY different from each other, unlike cheaper models.
on January 31, 2008
Headphone are as individual as what color iPod or zune you purchase. Look, I own a few pair of in-ear headphones, etc. I wanted a low-cost, yet quality and comfortable headphone and I picked these "gumy" black olive color head phones at wal-mart for$9.96. They are very comfortable,but again I found the heaphones that came with my 4 gb zune somewhat uncomfortable to wear for long periods. These have a rubberized coating around the headpone that is comfortable. Plus, they sound great! The stereo quality is very good for such a low-cost headphone. Definitely worth the purchase.
on April 29, 2009
I just got my JVC Gummy Earbud headphones today.

They aren't as gummy as I expected - They're sort of a wirey type of gummy (gummy, but stiff).

They are very low profile. The plastic molding around the mini audio jack is very small so it won't get in the way with your mobile devices.

The earbuds themselves are also low profile. They're probably the smallest earbuds I've ever owned.

When using them for extended periods the earbuds were a bit uncomfortable because they don't have any foam covering. Also, the gummy earbuds sort of stick to your ears.

The length of the wire is shorter than I expected (43") though I admit I didn't really pay attention to the details when purchasing.

The blue color is completely awesome though - just for the record.

The sound quality wasn't amazing - but it's pretty good considering the price.
review image
on July 17, 2013
The picture shows the type I wanted. The real product has little nubs of rubber attached to them at a funny angle. These don't fit in my ear and affect quality. Of course, it isn't worth returning because you have to destroy the packaging to get them out. I was very specific about trying to replace the earbuds that came with my product, and there is a misleading picture.
on February 15, 2011
I've gone through at least 10 pairs of these in a year. I thought it was just because I was rough with my headphones, but everyone seems to be going through a lot of them. The pair I ordered lasted about a week until one side started sounding lower and stopped working. They're far from durable and the sound quality is good, until you've actually owned a good quality pair of headphones. I didn't know what I was missing. They're not worth the $10+ people charge. They're worth $5 at most.