Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "JVC HANC80 Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 62% off the $59.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
JVC HANC80 Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black
|Price:||$28.00 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$31.95 (53%)|
- Up to 75% noise reduction (more than 12dB at 300Hz)
- Dual noise cancel mode - "wide" and "low"
- Flat foldable design
- Powerful neodymium 30mm driver unit
- Frequency Response: 10 - 22,000 Hz
- Dual Mode Noise Cancel Headphones (High/Low Range)
- 75% Noise reduction
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item JVC HANC80 Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black
|Price||$28.00||$92.99||$32.45||$49.95||See price in cart||$44.38|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Lo'Oo Prize Centralz||PHOTOTECH||Amazon.com||Firemall LLC||WholesaleLiquidation||CNBtek|
|Item Dimensions||3.5 x 10 x 7.5 in||2.8 x 8 x 8.1 in||4 x 9 x 6 in||8.25 x 3.5 x 10.5 in||7.87 x 3 x 6 in||6.5 x 7 x 3 in|
|Item Weight||0.7 ounces||1 ounces||0.55 lb||1.04 lbs||0.89 lb||6.72 ounces|
|Additional Features||foldable||Noise-Cancelling-Feature||foldable, lightweight||noise-cancellation||Noise-Cancelling-Feature||Active Noise Cancelling, Microphone|
With the new JVC HANC80 noise canceling headphone, now you can choose the most effective noise cancel mode for the circumstances. HANC80 offers both "wide" and "low" noise cancellation modes. The "wide" mode targets a wider frequency range than the "low" mode, and cancels the type of noise typically found in a commercial jet cabin. The "low" mode cancels a slightly narrower and lower frequency range, one associated with the noise generated by trains and buses. The HANC80 deliver up to 75% noise reduction, and also comes with fully padded closed earpieces which help to block ambient noise, and the padded soft touch headband ensure that they'll remain comfortable throughout a long listening. It also offers a flat foldable style so that they're easy to carry or pack, and comes with a carrying pouch and a dual-plug adapter.
Top Customer Reviews
After buying this pair and using it for a few days, I think I have enough to compare the two.
- Both the HA-SR500B and the HA-NC80 use 30 mm drivers, so they are both on-ear headphones.
- As on-ear sets, most of the noise cancelling comes from the ear pads forming a seal around your ear.
- I was sitting outside at a Starbucks when I turned on the noise cancelling. Voices were somewhat muffled, but the noise from cars on the road seemed to come through without change. This was the same whether I used the Low mode or the Wide mode.
- I will report further on this after my next plane trip, since plane noise is different from road noise.
- The frequency range of the HA-NC80 is 10 Hz - 22,000 Hz. The HA-SR500B was 10 Hz - 24,000 Hz. The difference should be out of the normal range of human hearing.
- There was a noticeable difference between the two headphones to my ears.
- In a quiet environment, the HA-NC80 is more bass heavy, and is not as bright on the highs. The HA-SR500B doesn't seem to respond as loudly on the low end, but the highs come through more clearly.
- In a noisy environment, I didn't notice the absence of brightness as much, nor the relative heaviness of the bass.
- The ear pads of the HA-NC80 are both thicker and slightly larger in diameter than the HA-SR500B. The difference is less than 0.5 cm in both directions.
- The net effect is to make the HA-NC80 more comfortable on the ear, and to have more surface area on the ears, than the HA-SR500B.
- There is more padding at the top of the head on the HA-NC80.
- The HA-NC80 has two cords, one from each ear, and has an L-shaped plug. There is no microphone.
- The HA-SR500B has one cord, from the left ear, and has a microphone with control button on it.
- The HA-NC80 cord is about 0.5 ft. longer then the cord on the HA-SR500B.
- For outside use, it looks like the HA-NC80 will be fine when on a trip. The difference in sound quality is not really noticeable while outside. It seemed more comfortable than the HA-SR500B for the 2 hours I tested it.
- For inside use, my other headphones have better sound quality, and I'd rather use those.
- The HA-NC80 comes with the airplane adapter, and a travel bag.
- For iPhone use, you'll need a separate microphone. I do have an old Monster clip-on mike, and the HA-NC80 works fine with that.
Fits and adjusts well
Sound (frequency response) is decent
Folds and stores to acceptable size
Noise cancellation is NOT 75%, but more like 40%
Cable is rigid (does not comfortably go where you want it to get it out of the way)
While they do work somewhat, the infiltrating noise of the plane was enough that I had to turn up my music player (same one I used with the previous pair) a couple more notches to drown it out to the previous level. Thus all in all, I was not satisfied with the amount of noise cancellation, enought to return them. I may try the JVC HANC250 next.
I bought JVC HANC80 as a replacement for my older Able Planet NC180B. Sound quality is excellent but unfortunately the Noise Canceling feature didn't work at all. After turning it on, it barely canceled or reduced any noise. I test it out with vacuum cleaner, twin window fan, air conditioning, and kitchen appliances with both Low and Wide modes but it didn't work.
I understand that around the ear headphones work better to cancel noise naturally, but the electronic part of these headphones simply didn't work. I give it three starts because of it's good sound quality, long wire, light weight and good build quality with folding design. The nice carry on pouch with JVC logo is an added bonus. By the way, I gave it to my mother to use while watching laptop videos because she has no need for noise canceling.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
He seemed to like them, but not rave about them, so I'd give them four stars.
Great price!Read more