- Carrier/Backing: vinyl coated cloth
- Adhesive: natural rubber
- Adhesion: 50 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Thickness: 12 mils (carrier, adhesive)
- Tensile Strength: 44 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
JVCC GAFF30YD Premium Grade 30 Yard Gaffers Tape: 2 in. x 30 yds. (Black)
|Price:||$9.12 + $6.48 shipping|
Specifications for this item
|UPC||682821230493 , 401000003983|
|Backing Type||vinyl coated cloth|
|Brand Name||J.V. Converting|
|EAN||0682821230493 , 0401000003983|
|Material||vinyl coated cloth|
|Number of Items||1|
|Size||2 in. x 30 yds. *sale (48mm x 27m)|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
JVCC GAFF30YD Premium Grade 30 Yard Gaffers Tape is a premium-grade vinyl coated cloth gaffer's tape used in A/V, TV, photography and motion picture industries to hold wires, light and props. This tape is designed to not leave adhesive residue behind when removed. The black, grey and white rolls come from Scapa 225 source material and the red rolls come from Polyken 510 source material. Made in Canada.NOTES: Sizes shipped will typically be the tape industry standard metric-cut sizes, i.e. 24mm for each 1 inch of nominal tape width ordered (rolls are approximately 5% narrower than the nominal size). This product's actual size is 48mm x 27m.
• Backing/Carrier: vinyl coated cloth
• Adhesive: natural rubber
• Thickness: 12 mils (carrier, adhesive)
• Adhesion: 50 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
• Tensile Strength: 44 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
• Core: 3" diameter (standard); 1" diameter (special order)
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought it again two months ago and it's completely different. The backing is much weaker and does not rip as easily. I've had several occasions with this new one where I've removed the tape and the adhesive has stuck to the object, completely separating from the backing.
This tape is manufactured entirely different than it was a year ago, and in every way it's for the worse. I don't know if it's being produced by a different manufacturer or if something else has changed, but it's no longer the best choice on Amazon. This is one of the more affordable options here, but you're probably better off spending another dollar or two and choosing a different brand.
I just wanted to provide a little more information here. Based on some other reviews here and some of the pictures submitted by other people, I now think that it may not be that the manufacturer has changed, but rather that this seller gets gaffers tape from different sources of varying quality and it's a complete gamble regarding which one you will receive. There is a very informative picture in the customer submitted photo section where a person bought four rolls and each was completely different.
In the last few months I've kind of gone a little gaffer tape crazy. I've been buying a whole bunch of other gaffers tape trying to find one that was as high quality as my first experience with JVCC Gaffers Tape (The product you're looking at now)
- In April I bought Allstar Performance ALL14253 Black 2" x 180' Gaffer's Tape which, though it doesn't mention it on the product details page, is made by ISC Racers Tape. Unfortunately I was not very impressed with the quality of this tape either and found it wasn't very good at staying adhesive for my uses.
- In May I started to look into Pro-Gaff Gaffers tape because the reviews seemed pretty good. For full disclosure, I'd like to note that I didn't buy Pro-Gaff from Amazon because it's available from Guitar Center and I could get a discount there, but it appears to be the exact same product that you can get at Amazon. I have found that the Pro-Gaff tape is better than the Allstar Performance ISC Racers Tape, but still not as good as my original purchase from JVCC.
And thus the quest for the best Gaffers Tape continues! I now have three rolls of gaffers tape stacked up that I'm not using and looking for the next one to purchase. In all honesty, I'm considering buying another roll of the JVCC to see if I can get lucky with another high quality roll and see if I can figure out who actually manufactures it. As I continue to search out the best tape, I'll keep this review updated.
As a side note, based upon an experience a friend of mine had ordering from the same vendor and upon some of the customer reviews at Amazon, I think the seller doesn't sell the same kind of gaffer's tape all the time. A friend of mine ordered an exact same role as I did from this seller, but it was not the same gaffer's tape. It was a slightly lighter black and didn't stick as well to surfaces. Not only that, but after he peeled away the tape (he ordered for a musical act), it left behind some residue. Therefore, although I had a positive experience with this seller and the tape I received, that might not always be the case. That's why I have only given this item three stars.
It's not to say that this tape is useless - far from it. It just isn't useful for the context that I wanted to use it in, which is a drag. The accuracy of the phrase "you get what you pay for" is highly dependent on what you're talking about and how it's going to be used, but I think it applies for this product. Having to pony up $25 for a roll of tape seemed too expensive until I saw how the cheap stuff works. Seems pretty reasonable now.
Most recent customer reviews
I've never used gaffers tape before, but was tired of all the residue you experience with other tapes.Read more