Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "JW Pet Company Treat Puzzler Dog Toy, Large (Color..." and save 57% off the $13.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
JW Pet JW Ruffians Treat Puzzler Amaze-A-Ball
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$5.00 (36%)|
- Natural rubber dog ball
- Treat dispenser
- Fantastic training aid
- Infused with vanilla extract
- Suitable for medium and large breeds
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Medium Treat Puzzler actually has a maze inside the ball. Made from natural rubber infused with vanilla extract. This interactive treat ball holds the prize inside encouraging active play to produce the reward. A fantastic training aid. Great for medium and large dogs this durable ball will not only keep your pet busy but will last and last. Treats to fit each size ball are recommended on the packaging.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare with similar items
Treat Dispensing Chew Ball, Large
KONG Classic Dog Toy, Large, Red
JW Pet Company Hol-ee Roller X Extreme 5 Dog Toy, 5-Inches (Colors Vary)
PetSafe Busy Buddy Kibble Nibble Meal Dispensing Dog Toy, Medium/Large
West Paw Zogoflex Tux Interactive Treat Dispensing Dog Chew Toy for Aggressive Chewers, 100% Guaranteed Tough, It Floats!, Made in USA, Large, Tangerine
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||iServe||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Oliver's Pet Care|
|Item Dimensions||4.25 x 10 x 5.5 in||4 x 4 x 8 in||4 x 2.75 x 2.75 in||6 x 7.5 x 6 in||6 x 6 x 6.5 in||6 x 6 x 3 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Certain, basic toys, like the standard Kongs, are too easy to get food from, so they don't quite hold my dog's interest. We toss food in, block the opening with a biscuit or something, give it to him, and he'll be done within 2 minutes. Since toy feeding is supposed to occupy the dog's time and mental energy, you really want to get a toy that occupies the dog for at least 15 minutes. So the basic toys do not really work for my dog, for this purpose.
We've tried some of the other extreme, e.g. the more advanced toys, for my dog as well, and those did not seem to work either. Generally with those toys my dog would play with them the first time for maybe 10-20 minutes, get a minimal amount of food, and then get bored and stop playing with it before getting all of the good out. Anytime we'd try to reintroduce those toys we'd generally see the same, or worse results. This is frustrating when you're feeding via toys because you do not want your dog to be underfed.
His trainer had recommended the JW Puzzler, so we purchased one for him, and it seems to be a perfect fit. Even after playing with it for a few days it still takes him about 20-30 minutes to get all of his food out. I've honestly been impressed with how well, and how long it keeps his attention.
As a side bonus the Puzzler seems to mentally wear him out to the point that he generally naps immediately after playing with it. All around I'd have to say this is the best toy we've bought for him so far!
- No strong smell. Some other similar toys smell very strongly of plastic or chemicals.
- Dogs enjoy the challenge of rolling, pawing, nosing it to release treats.
- Sturdy, thick, soft rubber walls. We have one that's going on 6 years old and is still in good shape despite being rolled around, bitten (but not chewed), squished, dropped, wedged behind furniture, and otherwise manipulate by dogs.
- Soft rubber. It bounces. It does not crash around noisily on hard floors. It does not scratch furniture.
- Large opening allows you to adjust the difficulty by using smaller or larger treats. Kibble and small treats come out easily and larger chunks of biscuit are more of a challenge.
- Easy to load. Treats can be dropped in the open hole and shaken down into the maze. Treats can also be loaded more slowly by pushing into the closed end.
- No danger of getting teeth stuck. The soft rubber and simple design mean the dog's jaw won't get caught (a problem with some similar toys).
- cleaning. The internal structure makes it unsuitable for the dishwasher, but it's easy enough to scrub out the inside with a dish brush. The internal maze walls are flexible rubber, so a dish brush can navigate around them.
- This is not a chew toy so don't treat it as such. If your dog is a strong chewer, you have to teach him to roll it rather than chew it. Start with kibble (small, less frustrating). If he stops as if to chew it, give it a nudge to get it rolling again. Take the ball away when all the treats are gone. After he understands the game and is good at rolling it, start using more challenging larger treats.
- Suitable only for dry food or treats.
- Kibble does come out very easily. If used to feed meals, add in a larger treat as well to make it more challenging.
We have 6 dogs and never has one been destroyed. I am perfectly fine with leaving them with them when I go to work. We do have some heavy duty chewers but never had one eaten!! I would like it better though if it was made in the US rather than China. We always cut down on their "meal time" kibble if they get one of these for a treat. The only reason we have multiples for each dog is to be able to stick them in the dishwasher as they get dirty because it will take a day or so to dry out.(leaving it hole down on a dish towel helps a lot too!)this is their absolute favorite toy. And I plan on giving a few to my chickens once they arrive. Paws down the best toy ever in this house, and it doesn't squeak!!!!