Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services DrWho DrWho DrWho  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 535 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 770 reviews
on September 13, 2012
I just got my Jabra Solemate today. It easily paired with both my Droid and my MacBook. This thing is loud. I was playing some Submotion Orchestra and then a bit of Black Sun Empire. I streamed Pandora to it from my phone while sitting outside and even felt I had to turn it down a bit at times. The bluetooth range is actually much better than my Belkin A50 home bluetooth receiver.

The size is perfect and the build quality is excellent. It feels solid and substantial and has a nice heft to it. The fit, finish, and build materials evoke a sense of quality. It looks, feels, and performs like a high-end device. In terms of the sound - the bass is very satisfying for a speaker of this size. The audio is rich and the drums really hit.

In terms of the Bluetooth connection, streaming from the Droid produces a much louder response than when streaming from my MacBook - not sure why. Anyways, it's a piece of cake to pair, and the connection is solid, consistent, and without static. Also, there is no 'hum' or hiss, which were complaints noted by reviewers with some of the other devices I looked at.

The three speakers are front mounted, and the sound is therefore quite directional - pointing the off-axis leads to a lot of drop off in sound. It's a minor issue. The price point is about right considering how much bang (or should I say 'boom') you get for the buck.

This also functions as a very nice hands-free unit. While streaming music from my phone, my wife called me. I simply pushed the button on the top and we were instantly connected. The clarity was excellent.

I did a lot of research online, read through a lot of reviews. The Jawbone Big Jambox was high on my list, but $100 more expensive! Bose was completely out of my price range for a device such as this. I also was not interested in paying less for something only to be dissappointed by the sound quality. I looked around at Satechi and Monster HD, but what sold me on the Solemate was the combination of design, features, and price. I am very satisfied with this speaker - and I'm someone who is very finicky about music and sound quality.

I highly recommend this little speaker to anyone looking for a great-sounding portable speaker. The build and sound quality are excellent, and it is worth the money.
66 comments| 256 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2013
I purchased this item after much research, and made the right decision! I have significant hearing loss in both ears, and even with some high tech hearing aids, still had great difficulty with the clarity of sound and words while listening to music. I am a music lover. Since using the Soulmate, I can now enjoy one of my favorite things in life, enjoying listening to music as it should be.
This device is quality built, connects to almost any audio devise on the planet, has exceptional sound quality, and great battery life. Soulmate is easy to pair and connect to Bluetooth devices. I also use Soulmate with my smartphone and tablet all the time. The price fit my budget, compared to other high end products on the market that may offer similar features with a higher price tag.
Thanks Jabra for a great product. I would definitely recommend Soulmate to anyone considering a Bluetooth speaker system.
on March 26, 2017
This speaker is really nice. You don't have to worry about it sliding on a table or anything. It has really good volume and the voice notifications are useful and make the item feel friendlier.
on October 25, 2012
This unit performs as expected! The only dissapointing thing I could say is that it needs to be a little louder, but for what it is, it's small, powerful for a small area of coverage and it works great with an Ipod or with my Droid phone using blu-tooth!! I actually walked away from the unit with my blu-tooth almost 60 ft away!! It worked great!!!
on July 26, 2015
Works as expected.
on September 6, 2012
I pre-ordered the jabra solemate after reviewing my other options for portable speakers(there are too many). I chose one day shipping at checkout and on the morning of that day i recieved it. I was stoked. I took it out and it feels hardy and is a satisfying weight. The appearance is really nice, simplistic button layout and very self explanitory. I was a little
skeptical of the shoe sole idea, but turns out its so useful and makes it look pretty cool. It keeps it from sliding around on any surface is capable of creating any friction at all. The media cable is tucked very nicely into the sole which is satifying to take out and put back in.

I plugged it into my Ipod and WOW. Incredible sound. Very crisp and clear highs and rich lows. I also mainly connect it to my Ipod so i can change the EQ and change how much Bass i want. This comes in handy because ive noticed on really Bassy vocal songs on higher volumes, there seems to be a little distortion. Which is understandable for the size. But otherwise fantastic sounding.

After i tested the sound quality i tested the bluetooth capability. It matched up with my phone very easily with the aid of voice guided instruction. It worked very well. The only thing i noticed was the volume when connected to bluetooth seemed to be lower than when it is physically connected to a media device. But still enough to fill a room.

I tested the bluetooth phone call ability and it worked great. Was able to have a conference call easily without the person on the other line asking "what?" Every few words. When you do make a call with it, try to face the microphone towards you, which is obvious, but it makes for a more successful call.

As far as battery life goes, lets just say i havent charged it since i got it, and ive been playing it alot. So a very solid battery. Im letting the battery completely drain completely before i plug it in for a charge. If your ever curious of the battery life, simply pressing the center button at any time will give you the status of the battery; Battery full, medium, or low. While also providing a little icon on the side which also provides battery status by switching from a full battery(green) medium(yellow) low(red) which shoild be obvious to anyone who has used a gadget in thebpast 10 years.

As far as durablilty goes, i have yet to drop it, but it is supposedly shock proof and water resistant, hopefully i will never have to test either of those but its nice to know they exist. It also has a Matte finish which is great because any wear and tear it recievesbwill appear minimum to none. If you are really doubting your ability to keep care of it the bag it comes with is pretty cool and doesnt hinder the sound at all. Very solid product.

Price was a little high, but its worth it. Its such a solid product, when you havebitbin your hands and hear what its capable of you wonder why you thought twice.

Overall i am very satisfied with the solemate. Im so satisfied with my purchase and am holding back my excitement a bit for the sake of making a reasonable review. If you are looking for a durable portable speaker capable of providing awesome sound, very easy operation, and the ability to turn a few heads, this is definetly what you are looking for. Thanks for reading.
Ill be providing updates for the next couple weeks.

Sound- 5/5
Bluetooth sound-4.5/5
Bluetooth calls-5/5
Battery-5/5
Usablilty-5/5
Appearance-5/5
Durability-5/5
Quality/Price- 4.5/5
55 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2014
Everyone loves this Jabra unit and with good reason. Even when users think another unit sounds better, they quickly realize that nothing is as portable as this unit that sounds so good. The one flaw that many reviewers note is that the unit has a voice prompt that you can't kill. Well, you can. It's not in the instructions.

HOW TO ACTIVATE/DE-ACTIVATE the VOICE PROMPT: hold down the MINUS (-) button while you power up the unit. Hold it until you hear 'VOICE PROMPT OFF'. Now convince yourself it is off. Turn the unit off. Turn the unit on. You won't hear the voice anymore -- just beeps. The unit remembers this OFF setting until you turn the prompt back on. To turn the Voice back on: hold down the PLUS (+) button while you power up the unit. The voice prompt setting will stay ON until you de-activate it.

SPEAKERPHONE: the unit will act as a great speakerphone. on an iphone, anyway, you have to select JABRA from the iphone keypad as the device you want to use to talk. Once you do that, the iphone is in a speaker phone mode -- except the caller's voice is on the JABRA.

DIRECT LINK: again - the jabra instructions fail to mention that the bright cord in the base of the unit is actually a straight pin connector for your iPhone, iPod, whatever. Constructed tough and hides in a great way.

JABRA dolby app: ehhh, not ready for prime time.

Fabric Case: it is sound transparent and water resistant.

BATTERY: amazing battery life. your phone will drain 3 times over before this baby does.
55 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2012
I've have been on the hunt for a portable speaker for my tailgating and poolside enjoyment for a long time. I've actually purchased two other speakers from other brands and they didn't satisfy.
I thought I would take a chance when I saw the Jabra Solemate on Amazon. Boy, I wasn't disappointed. Everything about this product is cool! From the packaging, the look (like a dr marten shoe!), the features etc.
It arrived on Saturday morning as I was heading to Gainesville for the Gators vs LSU football game. I was a little bummed since I don't have a plug in my car that I could use to charge it on the way to the game. I was pretty excited to see it though, so I opened it when I got to the tailgate spot. The packaging is super cool and easy to open. When I got it opened I turned it on just to see and it started talking to me! I touched the top button and a voice said "battery full." Holy cow! Jackpot. What a nice surprise. It then spoke to me with set up instructions. Super easy to set up bluetooth. Sound is really, really good. Device is feels sturdy yet is light weight. There's a plug that is comes with it for a wired connection and is neatly stored by attaching on the bottom of device. I give this product a perfect 10 out of 10! Very well thought out and designed. I was the hit of the tailgate as everyone was coming up to see my Soulmate!! I could of sold a few on the spot for sure..
Congratulations, Jabra, you've found a "soulmate" and satisfied customer in me!!

AC
on December 28, 2012
Barely half awake and showering this morning, I heard a male voice yell something inside my house. I leaped out of the water and barely landed in my robe and slippers, skidding out of the bathroom. No sign of anyone in the house until a few seconds later I heard a male voice yell, "Recharge battery!" Note to self: Do not leave Jabra bluetooth speaker unplugged and on.
on November 15, 2012
It isn't "double the size" of Jawbone Jambox. The sound it produces is crisp and clear. I got it to because of the reports of better Blue Tooth connectivity than the Jawbone, because it connects to the computer via usb for sound, and it has the tread on the bottom (the Jambox walks). Haven't had it long, just a couple of hours; but it meets my expectations.

I did put on "Forever" by Cross Movement, it couldn't play the bass thump. Of course being this small I didn't expect it to.
review image review image