Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Jack of Kinrowan: Jack the Giant-Killer and Drink Down the Moon
Format: Paperback|Change

on June 13, 2017
Interesting re-imagining of Jack the Giant Killer folktale. Charles de Lint is able to fuse folk myths and the modern world into an alternate reality that feels like now.
on November 29, 2014
A wonderful print-on-demand edition of one of the great fantasy masters' best series. Jack of Kinrowan includes the stellar Jack The Giant-Killer and its subsequent follow-up Drink Down the Moon - both are prime examples of why Charles de Lint is a World Fantasy Award-winning author. In both tales, de Lint merges the classical Irish and Scottish myth and faerie folklore in a seamless blending of the modern city.

Charles de Lint was one of the pioneering, and has ended up one of the premiere, voices in Urban Fantasy - the genre which has given us modern hits like Twilight, Wicked Lovely and Tithe. Jack of Kinrowan is the perfect addition to any collection of Modern Faerie enthusiasts.
on June 29, 2014
Charles de Lint is one of my favorite urban fantasy writers. Actually he is my favorite. I enjoyed the book but I just wish it was a bit longer and there had been more character development so you had a better understanding of everyone involved. Jackie was well fleshed out but I felt like the others were just shadows if themselves. But all in all, a good solid enjoyable read.
on May 31, 2015
One of the great early books by De Lint. I read first in 1987 when it was published in paperback. It is the story of a Jacky the Giant Killer who finds a magical world in danger in her own neighborhood. Strong action and a unique blend of urban fantasy.
on January 16, 2016
If you like fiction, fantasy, and myth you will probably enjoy all of Charles de Lint's stories. they are all "great escapes". I'd love another storie about Jackie and Kate, or The Pook.
on November 8, 2014
Makes you wish it was a bit longer. I liked the characters.
on March 9, 2014
Love the style of writing this wonderfully gifted man produces have yet to find anything I did not enjoy, of course I have my favorites, if you enjoy fantasy with thought provoking wisdom pick up any of his books. This one was a fun read a new take on a old story. Book arrived fast in perfect shape.
on May 8, 2015
20+ years on and this is still one of my favourite Charles de Lint books. Still a grand read.
Triskle
on October 8, 2015
Not the wow that some of his stuff is, but I like anything that takes me to his world
on November 29, 2014
A fantastic return to Kinrowan with delightful twists and hope filled romance. Charles De Lint hits another home run out of the ballpark!