Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Jack Tatar
Customers Also Bought Items By
The innovative investor’s guide to an entirely new asset class—from two experts on the cutting edge
With the rise of bitcoin and blockchain technology, investors can capitalize on the greatest investment opportunity since the Internet. Bitcoin was the first cryptoasset, but today there are over 800 and counting, including ether, ripple, litecoin, monero, and more. This clear, concise, and accessible guide from two industry insiders shows you how to navigate this brave new blockchain world—and how to invest in these emerging assets to secure your financial future.
Cryptoassets gives you all the tools you need:
* An actionable framework for investigating and valuing cryptoassets
* Portfolio management techniques to maximize returns while managing risk
* Historical context and tips to navigate inevitable bubbles and manias
* Practical guides to exchanges, wallets, capital market vehicles, and ICOs
* Predictions on how blockchain technology may disrupt current portfolios
In addition to offering smart investment strategies, this authoritative resource will help you understand how these assets were created, how they work, and how they are evolving amid the blockchain revolution. The authors define a clear and original cryptoasset taxonomy, composed of cryptocurrencies, cryptocommodities, and cryptotokens, with insights into how each subset is blending technology and markets. You’ll find a variety of methods to invest in these assets, whether through global exchanges trading 24/7 or initial cryptoasset offerings (ICOs). By sequentially building on the concepts of each prior chapter, the book will provide you with a full understanding of the cryptoasset economy and the opportunities that await the innovative investor.
Cryptoassets represent the future of money and markets. This book is your guide to that future.
Bitcoins are in the news regularly these days. These reports range from talking about how Bitcoins will replace paper money in many countries to how Bitcoins are being used as a way to pay for drugs, gambling and prostitution.
So, what’s the deal with Bitcoins?
• Bitcoin is, at its core, virtual currency.
• It is a digital representation of money that can be used to purchase goods and services in the same way cash can be used to purchase those same goods and services.
• However, Bitcoin differs considerably from these other currencies in that it is not backed by any bank or nation and has no formal organizational structure behind it.
• Bitcoin is managed entirely by a Peer to Peer (P2P) network of individuals that manages balances and transactions on its own.
• Bitcoins are “mined” from computer networks through the process of solving a complex mathematical problem.
• The total amount of available Bitcoins will ultimately be a finite number, which may create a huge demand, and value for them in the future.
• Bitcoins are traded on exchanges across the world, which can convert them into the accepted currencies in these countries.
• Bitcoins are being used to pay for many products and services across the globe today, some legal and some illegal.
• Bitcoins are NOT science fiction. They are real and you can learn about them by reading this book!
Many people are thrust into retirement, ill equipped to handle the various aspects of retirement, above and beyond just the financial matters!
When Jack Tatar lost both his retired mother and father in the course of six months, he heard all about how this can be a common occurrence among the elderly and retired.
As one of the world’s leading market researchers, Jack was used to asking “why?”
What he heard consistently through his research with retirees and their families was, “There’s plenty of books and materials about being financially prepared for retirement, but there aren’t books and resources that consider all of the aspects that are needed to consider when someone retires.
How to take care of their health? What to do with their free time? How to stay connected to friends and create more friends? How to stay positive when your family and friends are moving away and/or dying?
Ultimately, they need to understand how to create a safe retirement.”
This book is the result of the research, findings and experiences that led Jack to create a book that, as he says in the book’s dedication to his parents, “is a book that I wish they ‘d been able to read before they died.”
It’s a book written for the person considering retirement, the person newly retired, or the person well into retirement, as well as for a friend or a child of any of these individuals.
The 4 Keys to a Safe Retirement will help the reader to:
- Create a financial plan
- Manage your retirement income
- Understand the complexities of vital programs such as Medicare and Social Security
- Manage your health and learn how to eat healthy
- Recognize that exercise is no longer optional and how to make it part of your life
- Create a positive attitude that will lead to a longer life
- Learn to cope with the difficulties that will occur in retirement such as losing loved ones and being a caregiver
- Appreciate the opportunities for travel and volunteering
- How to use new technologies and social media to connect with others
- And so much more
It's not just a book! It's also a dynamic resource that includes full access to a companion website, www.Safe4Retirement.com, which provides the latest up to date, relevant information on retirement topics.
Publisher's Weekly : "A holistic approach to retirement for pre-retirees and retirees explores the four key elements to sound retirement planning." April 2012
Nearly 70% of Americans over age 65 will need some form of Long-Term Care as they age, yet studies show that fewer than 10% of Americans have completed any Long-Term Care Planning whatsoever.
You need to consider Long-Term Care into any retirement plans that you have!
But what is Long-Term Care? Do I need it? How do I find the right solution?
The goal of this book is to help you – the consumer – become better educated about Long-Term Care and Long-Term Care Planning, and after reading it, you should be prepared to move forward with planning for yourself or your family.
This book will provide you with answers to the following:
•What Long-Term Care is and why it’s critically important to plan for it
•The physical, financial and emotion impact of Long-Term Care
•Understanding healthcare in retirement and the myths of Medicare/Medicai.
•Initiating and successfully moving through the planning process
•Long-Term Care Plan designs and options to customize your plan
•Tax-Advantages to compliment other financial & retirement planning
•Tips for working with the right Long-Term Care Planning specialist
•And helpful resources for Long-Term Care Planning
This is another in the series of "What's the Deal with..?" books that provide valuable information on timely topics in a concise and cost effective manner.
Well, the reality is that today, that “number” should no longer be the sole focus for investors hoping and praying to retire. Rather the focus should be on “how much” will that number provide in income!
Recreating a paycheck in retirement or funding the day to day needs for retirees has become more important that the journey to a specific “number.”
And this has everything to do with the realities that taxes, healthcare costs, low interest rates, volatile markets and tending to the needs of older parents and your own children have created havoc for any plans that we had to reach the retirement of our dreams. These realities bring into question many of the foundations that we created our retirement plans on – such things as 401(k)s, IRAs and Medicare. These plans were made before we knew about the benefits of Roth IRAs or the realities of means testing raising Medicare costs are demanding that retirement planning be focused on retirement income, not just the value of your “nest egg”!
This trend towards retirement income, or what is also known as “distribution” is the reason that we’ve gathered these authors together to provide you with a book that outlines these new realities. This book was written by financial advisers, professionals and experts who have recognized that the rules of retirement have changed and they’re advising their clients accordingly. They have their ear to the current realities and demands of the financial marketplace, and are implementing strategies that are focused on helping their clients to navigate these new realities. The authors of this book are not advisers and experts who are remaining in their comfort zone and advising clients on the same tired old investment approaches. They are professionals who understand the current realities of the industry and willing to venture out of their own “comfort zone” to find investment options that are most appropriate for their clients.
With an understanding that every client is different and unique, these professionals recognize that they need to interpret these new realities into customized solutions for each of their clients. As you read the chapters, you’ll hear the passion and focus that each of these financial professionals have for the wellbeing of their clients.
The key thing to remember as you read this book, is that if your financial adviser is not discussing these matters with you, you may not have the right adviser. And if your adviser is discussing these items with you, then it’s important to work with them and integrate this type of thinking into your financial strategies.
This book is required reading for anyone nearing retirement, already retired or wondering if they’ll ever retire. Retirement can be achievable for everyone. You just have to have the right information, the right approach and the right advice.
Allow these authors to help you to understand the new rules of retirement so that you can achieve the retirement of your dreams. That should be the focus of every investor and every financial adviser working today!
In this concise and informative book, Jack collects recent articles and excerpts from his book on this topic to provide the reader with an easy to read book that can be read and shared between families in order to ensure that “the Talk” occurs.
In this book, Jack covers the following:
• What are the Four Keys to a Safe Retirement?
• How do you Begin the Talk?
• What are the Six Vital Financial Questions to ask?
• What are the Danger Signs for Elderly Investors?
• What are the 5 Critical Health Questions to Ask?
• Should we discuss Long-Term Care Planning?
• How do you Leave a Legacy in Retirement?
• How Can You Find Purpose in Retirement?
• What is the Secret to a Longer Retirement?
• How Important is Social Networking for Retirees?
• Should My Parents Move Closer to Me?
• And more!
This book also contains a special offer for all readers to gain 50% off of Jack’s innovative home study program that helps retirees and pre-retirees to achieve a Safe Retirement.
No, this isn’t the one you have with your kids about sex, hoping you actually know more than they do.
This talk is the one adult children have with their parents about their parents’ retirement and aging and such concerns as medical proxies, healthcare and estate planning, wills, trusts, and the fact that 70% of people over age 65 will require some form of long-term care.
This book focuses on the talk and incorporates Jack Tatar’s innovative Four Keys approach to a safe retirement. By following Jack’s game plan laid out in his book, you will understand
• What the talk is and why it’s important to have it earlier, rather than later.
• How to start the talk with your parents and use talking points to keep them engaged.
• What to discuss during the talk, ensuring that all the important topics and details are covered.
• How to create, maintain, and review a financial plan for retirement.
• The latest up-to-date information on health matters pertaining to retirees.
• How to maintain a positive attitude in retirement.
• How to create an effective social structure and network for retirees.
The talk is often not a single discussion, but rather something that’s ongoing and detailed. It will help create a safe retirement for your parents and peace of mind for your entire family. It will also provide adult children with the understanding they’ll need when considering their own retirement and an appreciation of the value and importance of having this talk with their own children.
Like Jack’s previous books, Safe 4 Retirement: The Four Keys to a Safe Retirement and The 10 Joys of a Safe Retirement, this new book will change the way you think about retirement.
The talk will bring families together so that they stay together.
In that book, Jack provides an action plan that leads to a Safe Retirement through his unique “Four Keys” strategy focusing on
-Health & Wellness
Now, in this book, Jack expands upon one of the most favorite parts of his strategy by showing you how to achieve joy in retirement and ultimately build a Safe Retirement.
His 10 Joys of a Safe Retirement shows how retirees and pre-retirees can experience joy in their Safe Retirement while building a solid foundation for a long life.
The true magic of this little book not only lies in its ability to help retirees and pre-retirees, but also in its message, which can help bring joy to anyone, at any age, and in any stage of life.
“… the future is now in your hands.
You can carve and mold it any way you like.
But most of us need help.”
So, open the book. Take the journey. Experience joy. Put the joys learned in this book into action.
And then share the book with others.