Jackass - The Box Set
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Where are They Now Special
Jackass Cribs Edition
Jackass Cast Appearances
Additional Scenes: Abduction
Additional Scenes: Night Monkey 2
Top Customer Reviews
Special features include:
Tons of never-before-released footage - Volume 1 alone contains over 50 never released segments, and updated editions of Volumes 2 & 3
Optional "drunken" audio commentary on all three volumes featuring Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O, Chris Pontius, Bam Margera, Ryan Dunn, Dave England, Jason "Wee Man" Acuna, Ehren McGhehey, Preston Lacy, Dimotry Elyashkevich and Jeff Tremaine.
MTV Cribs "Jackass" Special
The entire Gumball Rally Special - also featuring cast commentary
A 40 minute documentary entitled "Where Are They Now" with new interviews documenting the rise and fall of Jackass, as well as what the cast members are up to these days
Cast appearances at Latin Music Awards and the MTV Music Video Awards
"Abduction" Never before seen skit
"Night Monkey 2" Another never before seen skit
48-page collectible booklet
- Incomplete. A lot of classic clips are missing from this set. Blatant Example: The booklet has pictures and a small writeup on the "Keep God out of California" skit - but reading about it in the booklet is all you'll get to do, they didn't put the skit on the DVDs. Read the rest of the reviews here for just a few of the dozens of major skits you won't get to see with this set.
- Censorship. I want to hear every damn word. With the stunts these guys have been pulling for years, swear words and the occasional private patch are the last things Paramount needs to worry about protecting us from. I held off on buying Volume 2 and Volume 3 because they were bleeped and blurred, and I would have passed on this box set too if I had taken the time to research this. Shame on me.
- Format. It's a mess, tossed together like a CKY disc. Still fun to watch, but it should have been kept in it's original episode format, in order of air date. Don't get any expectations of bouncing on the couch in time to the awesome intro theme, or being welcomed to the episode by Knoxville like you may be used to.
I'm ticked that I dropped a hefty chunk of money on a set that was put together with no regard for the show's legacy. Material is either missing, edited, or censored - I'll bet those Paramount bigwigs even censored the missing skits before they dumped them from the DVD set. What a waste of something beautiful.
I don't mind that the original blacked-out and pixelated views are there... that's how the show was (and trust me, we're better for it).
With that being said, here's the real problem -- this is not presented in an as-aired episode format. Of course I should have realized that "volume" does not mean "season", but "season" is what everyone expects from a tv show DVD. That's how every other tv show is realeased; even the Wildboyz and Viva la Bam DVDs are presented in episode format.
This box set lacks because the bits are somehow funnier when viewed in context of the original episode. The recurring themes within the episodes are funnier. It's also much more convenient to sit down and watch an episode or two whenever you want. Instead, it all gets lost in the 2-hour marathon format of each "volume". Additionally, as many reviewers have mentioned, many of the classic bits are absent from this set.
Bottom line is, before you purchase this set, realize that many of the bits you remember may be missing. Also realize that each "volume" is a marathon of strung-together bits, and you will not see the actual episodes.
I suggest that die-hard Jackass fans actually not buy this set, because I think you will be more frustrated and upset in the end. Because of the "volume" format, you will probably only watch each disc once, then quickly retire it to the shelf. I regret that someone spent some good money buying this as a gift for me. I would gladly return it for only half it's original price if I could.
1) Paramount did NOT refuse to release full seasons of the Jackass show, they were not ALLOWED to for legal reasons that none of us will probably ever know. Anyway, if they COULD, they WOULD - I don't know why the last reviewer mentioned greed. Paramount would make a buttload of money if they released full seasons of Jackass. They simply cannot - legal bull...
2) The "Never Before Seen Footage" is - really - Never Before Seen Jackass footage, not CKY footage used under the Jackass title.
Also, DON'T BE MISLED or misunderstand - this DVD is NOT uncensored. Cuss words (both on the show and the commentaries) are 'bleeped' out and all blurs remain intact. Every once in a while in the commentary a cuss word misses the censors - but that doesn't make it UNcensored. So don't think the F***s and S***s will all now be audible - they won't be. Nonetheless...
This DVD Is GREAT!!! And I am guessing that any skits that weren't released on the DVD weren't released for - again - legal reasons. The 'Keep God Out Of Califonia' skit probably couldn't be legally cleared for release on the DVD, that simple.
The bonus features are what MAKE this box set. Disc one has like 50+ skits never released. Discs 2 and 3 are revamped too. And I mean, come on - the WHOLE Gumball Rally, cast commentaries that (when you can understand what they are actually saying) are hilarious, and a "Where are They Now" feature that is really cool. Oh yeah - and even more on top of that. If you liked Jackass but wanted more when you were watching the show - here's your ticket in.
The DVD is GREAT, like I said. Well worth the buy. And if you are a fan of Jackass (or just stoopid TV) this is most CERTAINLY worth the buy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This product is cooler then what i thought it was going to be and i'm super hyped i got itPublished 2 days ago by Justin David toth
I originally just had the unrated three pack and wanted to buy more jackass to kill more time with my "bored" periods. Read morePublished 1 month ago by matthew am
All the jackass volumes 1-3. Watch as the Jackass guys just beat the crap out of their bodies jumping in fat suits on skate boards,rolling on a ramp ontop of each other. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Jmetal86
I just got this in the mail.I haven't seen vol.2 and 3,so yeah.its an amazing box set!Published 3 months ago by lynette wetzel
for those wondering this is the whole series mashed up into a awesome box set of volumes...if you ahve seen the old volumes 2 and 3... Read morePublished 7 months ago by William Holt
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Reality TV
- Movies & TV > MTV > Jackass
- Movies & TV > MTV > Reality TV
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > TV