Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Jackass - The Box Set” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 72% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Jackass - The Box Set
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
For better or worse, MTV funded a bumbling case of idiots to play with poo and dress in a variety of men's undergarments. Never before has arrested development looked so much fun as the cast of Jackass make it. From stapling Jackass on their rear-end to mounting magazine stands in gorilla costumes, Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margera, and the rest of the gang show us what it takes be a Jackass!
Where are They Now Special
Jackass Cribs Edition
Jackass Cast Appearances
Additional Scenes: Abduction
Additional Scenes: Night Monkey 2
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Special features include:
Tons of never-before-released footage - Volume 1 alone contains over 50 never released segments, and updated editions of Volumes 2 & 3
Optional "drunken" audio commentary on all three volumes featuring Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O, Chris Pontius, Bam Margera, Ryan Dunn, Dave England, Jason "Wee Man" Acuna, Ehren McGhehey, Preston Lacy, Dimotry Elyashkevich and Jeff Tremaine.
MTV Cribs "Jackass" Special
The entire Gumball Rally Special - also featuring cast commentary
A 40 minute documentary entitled "Where Are They Now" with new interviews documenting the rise and fall of Jackass, as well as what the cast members are up to these days
Cast appearances at Latin Music Awards and the MTV Music Video Awards
"Abduction" Never before seen skit
"Night Monkey 2" Another never before seen skit
48-page collectible booklet
- Incomplete. A lot of classic clips are missing from this set. Blatant Example: The booklet has pictures and a small writeup on the "Keep God out of California" skit - but reading about it in the booklet is all you'll get to do, they didn't put the skit on the DVDs. Read the rest of the reviews here for just a few of the dozens of major skits you won't get to see with this set.
- Censorship. I want to hear every damn word. With the stunts these guys have been pulling for years, swear words and the occasional private patch are the last things Paramount needs to worry about protecting us from. I held off on buying Volume 2 and Volume 3 because they were bleeped and blurred, and I would have passed on this box set too if I had taken the time to research this. Shame on me.
- Format. It's a mess, tossed together like a CKY disc. Still fun to watch, but it should have been kept in it's original episode format, in order of air date. Don't get any expectations of bouncing on the couch in time to the awesome intro theme, or being welcomed to the episode by Knoxville like you may be used to.
I'm ticked that I dropped a hefty chunk of money on a set that was put together with no regard for the show's legacy. Material is either missing, edited, or censored - I'll bet those Paramount bigwigs even censored the missing skits before they dumped them from the DVD set. What a waste of something beautiful.
I don't mind that the original blacked-out and pixelated views are there... that's how the show was (and trust me, we're better for it).
With that being said, here's the real problem -- this is not presented in an as-aired episode format. Of course I should have realized that "volume" does not mean "season", but "season" is what everyone expects from a tv show DVD. That's how every other tv show is realeased; even the Wildboyz and Viva la Bam DVDs are presented in episode format.
This box set lacks because the bits are somehow funnier when viewed in context of the original episode. The recurring themes within the episodes are funnier. It's also much more convenient to sit down and watch an episode or two whenever you want. Instead, it all gets lost in the 2-hour marathon format of each "volume". Additionally, as many reviewers have mentioned, many of the classic bits are absent from this set.
Bottom line is, before you purchase this set, realize that many of the bits you remember may be missing. Also realize that each "volume" is a marathon of strung-together bits, and you will not see the actual episodes.
I suggest that die-hard Jackass fans actually not buy this set, because I think you will be more frustrated and upset in the end. Because of the "volume" format, you will probably only watch each disc once, then quickly retire it to the shelf. I regret that someone spent some good money buying this as a gift for me. I would gladly return it for only half it's original price if I could.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Reality TV
- Movies & TV > MTV > Jackass
- Movies & TV > MTV > Reality TV
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > TV