BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Jackdaws
Format: Paperback|Change

on July 28, 2017
Excellent Ken Follett book..is the story possible,? doubt it but a great airplane or Doctors office read. Some good OSS history but if torture is your thing you won't be unhappy.
on May 10, 2017
An excellent thriller. Characters are realistic and appealing. You can't wait to see what's going to happen next. In the best Ken Follet tradition.
on July 21, 2017
One of the best from bookies that I have read. Kept me on my toes. Could not put it down
on April 21, 2017
Great plot....it makes you wonder what will happen right up to the end....
on September 29, 2017
Entertaining and interesting plot, but the characters made too many improbable foolish mistakes to have ever succeeded.
on June 16, 2017
Standard for Ken Follett. Have not read a book from him that has disappointed.
on August 4, 2013
This was a fun, fast-paced novel, although it was fairly unbelievable in several places. Again, Follett gives us a great antagonist in Dieter Franck. He's definitely an narcissistic, self-obsessed bully, but his reluctance before he tortures and his migraines after he tortures give him some complexity. Also, the fact that he really seems to love Stephanie and his wife and children add to his often ironic nature. However, for the most part, he is a villain with no conscience. Flick, the protagonist, is primarily likeable and believable except for her apparent "love" for Michel and her instantaneous love of Paul--a bit of a stretch. The plot is fast-paced and exciting, although at times fairly unbelievable. Again, it was informative and inspires interest in many aspects of WWII. I liked the novel; it was a fun read.
on September 4, 2017
Great suspenseful book. Characters well develop. I enjoyed it and sorry it was over
on July 4, 2012
First, let me say I liked the read of Jackdaws by Ken Follett. I have read a lot of his works though, and I would not say it is his best work. Compared to most writers though, even a weak effort by Follett goes a long way towards greatness. Generlly, I get a much better feel for the era or the history of a piece from him. This was just not rife with the history as usual for him.

I will say that bhe did dress the story up with drama though. He is an excellent portryer of characters and the good and bad guys where the right color hats throughout the book. But, I will say that the contrasting conscience builds slowly towards lrge pictures of desperation as well in this book. I wish there had been more.

In fact, I wish Follett had given more throughout this story. I felt as though Tarentino had taken short cuts to rewrite history for the sake of character and thrills a little. Agood beginner for Follett, but maybe a little less so for avid fans.
on September 1, 2017
Great, fun read! Follett is a master storyteller!