4 Year Home Improvement Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Drops, spills and cracked screens covered from day one for portable products only.
- Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 500, 518Wh Outdoor Solar Generator Mobile Lithium Battery Pack with 110V/500W AC Outlet (Solar Panel Optional) for Road Trip Camping, Outdoor Adventure
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$100.99 (17%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Founded in California in 2012, Jackery specializes in providing outdoor green power solutions for explorers. Jackery portable power station, power outdoors.
- VERSATILE OUTDOOR POWER SUPPLY: featuring standard PURE SINE WAVE AC outlet this Jackery Explorer 500 portable power station provides stable power to a wide range of AC-relied devices from TVs, projectors to small blenders, a pellet smoker, etc. which rated under 500 watt(surge 1000W). Standard 12V/10A carport and 3*5V/2.4A USB ports power/charge all your car appliances and small electronic devices like car coolers, air pumps, car vacuums, laptops, phones. Enjoy a camping party like no others.
- PORTABLE POWER STATION RECHARGED ANYWHERE: can be quickly (1)recharged under the sun with Jackery SolarSaga 100W Solar panel (Sold Separately) within 9.5 hrs (in full sun) while living outdoors; (2)recharged from a carport within 16 hrs while on-the-road/off-road (charging cable included); (3)or recharged from an AC wall outlet within 7.5 hrs (charging cable included).
- ENJOY THE MOST OUT OF THE NATURE WITH ENDLESSLY POWER: perfect for (1) RV-ers, easily stored in RVs, trailers, enough to power a RV ceiling fan, RV lightings, all your electronics devices without all the settings; (2)Outdoor grill party, powers up a small blender, pellet smoker, small household ice shaver, projector for a nice movie & grill party during a starry summer night with friends and families.
- SAFETY: (1)PURE SINE WAVE INVERTER ensures safely powering sensitive devices like laptops etc. without damages,meanwhile reduces audible and electrical noise; (2)BMS SYSTEM managing over-voltage protection, over-current protection, over-temperature protection, etc. safeguarding you and your devices during usage.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Jackery Portable Power Station, Power Outdoors
Q: What devices can Explorer 500 power?
A: Please note that the AC output port can only charge/power devices that operate at less than 500-Watt.
Q: How to know the working times for my device?
A: Working time = 500Wh* 0.85 / operating power of your device.
Q: How long does it take to full charge this power station?
A: Within 8 hours from an AC wall outlet; Also another two recharge backup choices for your convenience, recharge from car port around 16 hours, and around within 14 hours from Jackery Saga 100W solar panel (Sold Separately).
For power saving, Explorer 500 will be turned off automatically in 12 hours when being drawn under 10W power.
The power station is not TSA approved
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 500
- Battery Capacity: 518Wh (24Ah, 21.6V)
- AC Output: 110V, 500W (1000W peak.)
- DC Outputs (Total 120W): 1*Car Port (12V, 10A), 2*DC Outputs(12V, 7A, 6.5*4.4*1.4 mm).
- USB Outputs (3): 5V, 2.4A (each)
- Input: 8mm DC, 12V~30V (100W Max)
- Dimensions: 11.84*7.59*9.2 in
- Weight: 13.32lbs
Off-grid Solar Generator
Green and Clean Power Supply
The recommended solar panel for solar-charging is Jackery SolarSaga 100W. Fully charged under straight full sun in 9.5 hours when connected (recharging time varies from a different location, temperature, weather, etc.).For those using their own solar panel, make sure that the output voltage of your solar panel is between 12-30V to be compatible with Explorer 500 Solar generator (solar panels sold separately).
|Jackery Solar Generator Explorer 500||Jackery Solar Generator Explorer 1000||Jackery Solar Generator Explorer 240||Jackery Solar Panel SolarSaga 100||Jackery Solar Panel SolarSaga 60|
|Phone||53 Charges||100 Charges||24 Charges||✓||✓|
|Laptop||7 Charges||12.5 Charges||3-4 Charges||X||X|
|Electric Grill(900W)||/||50 Mins||/||X||X|
|Electric Pressure Cooker(1000W)||/||45 Mins||/||X||X|
Compare with similar items
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I haven’t had time to test the number of phone charges it can get - it boasts 30+, but I have tested it out on my MacBook Pro 15 inch. My laptop is more demanding than the ones they tested, so it can be re-charged about 4X with a charge taking about 1.5 hours (I was using the laptop at the time, so I’m guessing it might be faster and do more otherwise). A smaller one would get 6+. Still, this is great! I would never charge my laptop from our generator. I wouldn’t trust it. Jackery is a safe way to charge your electronics during a power outage (or while camping, for those of you who like to get away from the city). It can even be used to power a tv (not my priority, but I know it will be for some!
One note, the 290 is a bit sensitive, so we are careful not to push plugs in too hard. I don’t know if the 500 is similarly sensitive, but it’s worth being aware. Jackery customer service is excellent, should you have any need to contact them.
If you add the solar panels, your ability to stay charged is limitless. This is a great device and would be an incredible holiday gift for anyone. Perfect for Chanukah, under the Christmas tree, or for any celebration! We highly recommend this Jackery Explore 500 Power Station! Whatever holiday you celebrate, this would make someone very happy!
The price is on-par with other portable power units at about $1 per watt hour. As mentioned, the battery is lithium ion, which has only 500 use cycles vs. LiFePo batteries at 2000. However, I dont think any LiFePo units are available at $1 per Wh, so the price is fair for the product. Thats only $1 per charge cycle!
Note that inverter losses are real. I ran a desktop monitor from the AC plug with the typical AC/DC adaptor, and the unit drew 58W. I then plugged the monitor into the DC plug with 12V to 16V step up convertor and the draw was 30W. So use DC whenever possible...
This is all around a great product with a combination of features superior to other portable power units you might find on Amazon. Jackery has prompt customer service to back it up.
Top international reviews
One of the main reasons we sprung for this is its ability to be paired with a solar panel to charge it in that way - this is an option that is only available on higher end units. For those who are true camping off the grid for an extended period of time this is essential and lets you not have to draw from your vehicles power. The solar charging, as expected, is the longest method in charging which brings me to the next point - it's ability for pass through charging which renders that not as significant. I didn't find that stated as much until I found out, but it's a feature that not every unit has but one that's very important. You needn't have it at full charge or off charge to be able to use it because you can power devices while that's happening. Basically you can be charging the power station with a solar panel and at the same be charging all your other goods - it's a bigger deal than one would think. Pro tip: you'll get fantastic performance through the 12v port so if you have the option to, get items that use that as its source. The reason for this is that the 12v port has a boost regulator, which means that no matter what state the batter is in (even if it's low) it'll still output the same power no matter what which is something many solar generators does not do.
The usefulness of something of this grade is pretty endless. My partner got it confused with looked to be a similar product at costco but if you know your stuff, the specs are exponentially different - the 500 watts is continuous power (with a 1000 peak) so it can pretty much power any steady device. Aside from the most obvious of devices you'd want to power (laptop, phones, tablets, etc), the list just goes on - electric blankets, specific fridges, tool batteries, fans, grills, tvs, video consoles, small blenders, pumps, small heaters an even a cpap machine and a e scooter! In operation it's quiet with barely a hum and using the volt adapter will turn on the cooling fan. Even more hard to please electronics we've randomly plugged in have been fine, and we'll test in the future with an oscillator and update.
Aside from camping use, he'll be bringing this to the burning man festival to use full time in his adventure roadtrip van so that's quite a bonus. He can now ditch having to lug around liters of gas or a big watt inverter generator making the entire experience that much more eco conscious not to mention lightening the load. Additionally, while it's great for the big events, this is going to get a lot of use for a wide range of regular every day events such as tailgate partys, roadtrip and just general outdoor excursions. It's even great to have around for emergency purposes. We have a very satisfied recipient and we're glad such a product exists - highly recommend!
The Jackery 500 is solidly built. It is one of the few units of its kind to have a regulated 12 volt output, so the voltage won't sag when the battery is low. The inverter is pure sine wave, which is important for sensitive electronics. The light on the side is nice, but I would rather not have it and pay a little less. I don't see much practical use for it. The 500 makes a pretty heavy flashlight. But it would be good for emergencies.
One big advantage of this product over my DIY is the display. Wonderful. I can tell at a glance how much power is going in or out. Important when you are boondocking with solar panels and every watt counts.
I use a 12volt refrigerator when I camp, and the Jackery is perfect for this. I plug the fridge into it, and into my car's 12 volt outlet. The 500 can charge and supply power at the same time. So when I stop the car, the fridge still has power.
I wish the 500 could charge a little faster, but that is an issue common with all similar products.
The power station is solidly built yet light for the amount of power it stores. Portability is important to me. You can recharge the power station by AC plug, 12V cigarette lighter socket, or solar panel. Recharging by solar panel and being off the grid is a great benefit but I have not tested that yet since I need to save up money to buy a panel. Whether being charged or recharging and running devices, the unit stays cool to the touch because of its internal fan. Also it has over-voltage protection and over current protection which is essential to protect your investment.
I tested the power station and it works great. I plugged in several devices such as a laptop, iphone, etc... at the same time or individually and they recharged/ran with no problem. I also ran my 48” TV off the station for several hours with no problem as well. The only thing I wish the power station had more off are AC outlets. You can’t have enough AC outlets so you can power more devices at the same time
I am able to power a laptop, projector and speaker for a outdoor movie night. Look forward to using it during road trips and camping trips during the summer. With the provided recharge options, I can charge in the car, ac outlet when I am in a room or even outdoors when I acquire a solar panel.