Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Jackery Giant+ Premium 12,000 mAh Dual USB Portabl...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 83% off the $129.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Jackery Giant+ Premium 12,000 mAh Dual USB Portable Battery Charger & External Battery Pack (Total 3.1A Output) with Panasonic Battery Cells for iPhone 7, 7 Plus, Galaxy & Other Smart Devices (Black)
|Sale:||$23.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$6.00 (20%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- BATTERY PACK: Ultra high-capacity portable charger with dual USB ports of rechargeable battery power for simultaneous charging of your iPad, iPhone, Android devices.
- COMPACT TRAVEL CHARGER: The world's largest capacity external battery pack and portable charger is perfect for long flights, road trips, or whenever you need to charge your iPhone, iPad, and other mobile devices.
- SMARTPHONES & TABLETS: Portable battery charger can be used as Samsung Galaxy S5 charger, Samsung Galaxy S4 portable charger, iPhone 6+ portable charger, iPhone 6 charger, iPhone 5 charger, iPad charger, and much more.
- POWERFUL PORTABLE CHARGER: Panasonic grade A Li-ion polymer cell and premium microchips create high-quality portable charger with 4 layers of smart safety protection circuit and lasts 500+ recharge cycles over the life of the battery.
- EXTERNAL BATTERY: External battery package includes: Jackery Giant+ External Battery, premium Micro USB to USB 2.0 cable.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
- Size (LWH): 3.1 inches, 0.8 inches, 4.3 inches
- Weight: 2 pounds
Compare to similar items
This item Jackery Giant+ Premium 12,000 mAh Dual USB Portable Battery Charger & External Battery Pack (Total 3.1A Output) with Panasonic Battery Cells for iPhone 7, 7 Plus, Galaxy & Other Smart Devices (Black)
Anker PowerCore 10000, One of the Smallest and Lightest 10000mAh External Batteries, Ultra-Compact, High-speed Charging Technology Power Bank for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and More
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Jackery Inc||Jackery Inc||AnkerDirect||AnkerDirect||Sunvalleytek||Jackery Inc|
|Item Dimensions||0.8 x 3.1 x 4.3 in||1.8 x 3.8 x 0.9 in||3.2 x 3.8 x 0.9 in||2.36 x 3.62 x 0.87 in||3.15 x 5 x 0.79 in||0.8 x 5.9 x 3.2 in|
|Item Weight||2 lbs||5.5 ounces||0.56 lb||6.4 ounces||0.68 lb||0.96 lb|
The world's largest capacity portable external battery with dual outputs designed for extending the battery life of your mobile devices on the go. It features high energy density battery technology, fast charging scheme, premium compact design, and smart safety built-in protection circuits.
The Jackery battery charger takes everything that advances it to a new level. They are made with Panasonic Grade A Lithium-ion battery cells, aluminum metal case, and premium microchips, together with 4 layers of smart safety protection circuits, recharging more than 500 times over the life of the battery.
Convenient LED Indicator
You always know when it's fully charged and how much power it's available.
Popular Compatible Devices
Apple: iPhone SE 6 6Plus 5S 5C 5 4S 4 Air Mini iPod (Apple cable required)
Samsung: Galaxy S7 S6 S5 S4 Note 4 3 2
Others: Nexus / HTC One / Motorola Moto X / LG / Nokia Lumia / Most of Android Phones / Android Tablets / Google Glass / Blackberry / Sony Xperia / PSP / GoPro
Input charging time: 10h via Standard USB or AC adapter (not included)
Output 2: 5V/2.1A
Compact Dimensions: 4.3 x 3.1 x 0.8 inches
Weight: 10.4 ounce
At Jackery, we provide an 18-month warranty and customer-friendly support.
Suggestions and Tips
Charge the battery using the original AC adapter and USB charging cable of your mobile device. Recharge the battery about once a month to properly maintain the health of your battery.
Jackery Giant+ Battery Pack
Micro USB charging Cable
User Guide & Warranty
Thank You Card
Top Customer Reviews
"You are right. The actual capacity is less than what it says on the box because of the charging voltage.It is the same for all other power banks.
"Discharging voltage of a standard Li-ion battery is 3.7V, while the output of the Jackery battery charger is 5V. To convert 3.7V output up to 5V through the circuit, plus conversion loss, the final effective capacity into a device of the Jackery Giant + 12000mAh – will be around 12000*85%*(3.7/5) = 7548mAh."
If this was helpful, please let me know.
The exterior shell is aluminum that looks fantastic. The battery weighs in at 10 ounces. The battery pack has two USB output ports that output 5 VDC at 1 Amp and the second one outputs 5 VDC at 2.1 Amps. This is ideal to allow you to charge two devices at the same time and one of them can be a tablet that requires 2.1 Amps to charge quickly.
During the testing the temperature of the battery pack never even exceeded ambient room temperature. To start your device charging you connect it with the proper cable and press the battery pack power button and charging starts. The charging will stop automatically when your device is fully charged or the battery pack is depleted.
This battery pack also features a dual LED flashlight built in that can stay on for up to 700 hours when the battery is fully charged. This is ideal for when you travel to have an emergency light in a hotel room, when looking for your keys or when in a dark movie theater.
This product is good and I rate it at 5 stars. If you are a business person or a student and have to depend on your tablet or smart phone for long periods of time without the ability to get to an AC power source then this is a good battery to own. This is good for those who travel a lot or camp out. Now you can watch your movies or listen to your music on those long airline flights.
You should note that I did not operate my tablet while I charged it.
Items in the box:
* The Jackery Giant 10,400 mAh battery
* The battery pack comes with an instruction manual
* A USB to Micro USB charging cable that is 16 inches long
* It does not come with an AC wall charging adapter.
Jackery Giant 10400 mAh External Battery Pack Features:
* There are two USB power output ports and they are USB 1 rated at 5VDC at 1 Amp, USB 2 rated at 5VDC at 2.1 Amp for iPads and tablets.
* Press the ON button when you plug in a device and that begins the charging process of your device. There is an automatic OFF when your electronic device is charged.
* The battery pack uses Lithium-Ion battery technology and premium Samsung battery cells
* The battery pack can be recharged 500+ times
* Warranty is 18 months per the Amazon posting as long as the battery pack and its packaging have the Jackery Giant logo on them
* Powerful 10400 mAh capacity
* The unit is compact and weighs in at 10.4 ounces.
* Attractive design with nice white exterior and surrounding metal enclosure
* It has 3 blue LED status lights located on the side that indicate the battery charge level. One LED flashing means 0 to 10%, one LED on means 10 to 33%, two means 33 to 66%, three LEDs means 66 to 100%.
* When the battery pack is fully charged the three blue LEDs are on continuously while it is plugged into the AC power outlet.
* When pressing the power button or charging a device the LEDs light showing the amount of power still stored in the battery pack.
* The battery pack does not come with an AC wall charger.
* Charging it with a USB 2.0 port on your laptop or computer is not recommended by me as the battery would take too long to fully charge. (Approximately 20+ hours (Minimum) with a 500 mAh USB 2.0 Port.)
* It will take 10+ hours to charge the battery pack with a 5 VDC USB rated at 1 Amp.
* The battery pack can output 3.1 Amps max at one time so it can charge two devices simultaneously.
* The unit has a dual LED flashlight that can be turned on by quickly double pressing the power switch. It can be on for up to 700 hours continuously. You turn it off by double pressing the power switch again.
* The instruction manual states that you can charge the battery pack and your device simultaneously but I tested that feature and it would not work with my iPhone or with an iPad.
Charging my devices:
I charged the battery pack fully before I started my test. I started with an iPad 3 charged at 15 percent and the Jackery Giant was fully charged at 3 LEDs.
* 30 min 24% 3 LEDs
* 60 min 34% 2 LEDs
* 90 min 43% 2 LEDs
* 120 min 51% 1 LEDs
* 150 min 61% 1 LEDs
* 180 min 70% 1 LEDs
* 185 minutes 1 LED on the battery started flashing
* 210 min 78% and the battery was dead
Here are some common devices and the amount of mAh of capacity they have when they are fully charged. This is just to give you an impression of how much energy it takes to charge your smart device:
* iPhone 4 battery 1,420 mAh battery capacity
* iPhone 4S battery 1,432 mAh battery capacity
* iPad 2 battery 6,944 mAh battery capacity
* iPad 3 battery 11,560 mAh battery capacity
* Kindle Fire battery 4400 mAh capacity
* Kindle Keyboard battery 1750 mAh capacity
* iPhone 5 is 3.8 VDC at 5.45 Wh = 1434 mAh battery
* iPad 4 battery is 11,486 mAh 3.7 VDC at 42.5 Wh
* iPad Mini battery is 4490 mAh at 3.72 VDC 16.7 Wh
When using an external battery you have to allow approximately 30 % of the battery capacity will be lost to heat, voltage conversion, powering the batteries electronics and the electronics of your electronics device's charging circuits. In addition you have to consider that your device is not truly off like a cell phone is still connected to the WIFI and phone networks and probably receiving emails, etc.
Real world examples of charging capability with this battery pack:
* iPhone 4 or 5 approximately 5.12 full charges out of a fully charged Jackery Giant 10400 mAh battery pack
* iPad 2 approximately 105% of a full charge
* iPad 3 or 4 approximately 63% of a full charge
* iPad Mini approximately 162% of a full charge
* Kindle Fire approximately 166% of a full charge
* A normal estimated usable storage is 70% of capacity or .70 * 10,400 mAh = 7,280 mAh charging capacity available for your electronic devices is considered normal for these styles of battery packs.
* In my testing I was able to use approximately 7282.8 mAh of capacity or roughly 70% of the 10,400 mAh capacity. This is a good result.
I received a sample product for evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
I heard Leo Laporte’s Tech Guy radio show on KFI am 640 in Los Angeles, thru iHeart Radio, talk about the Jackery battery packs with USB ports, that were good and reliable. I found them on Amazon in several different sizes. After Leo’s recommendation and reading the reviews I went with the Jackery Giant because of the two USB charging ports, battery capacity and the number of devices my family has.
The ordering was painless and the delivery was quick. There is not much to it, just the battery pack and a USB cable for charging the unit with USB’s on both ends. You will need a wall wart to plug into an electrical outlet (find one that charges at 2.1 amps for the fastest charge). The wall wart seems like such a no brainer, I don’t know why they don’t include it. On a side note, after hearing Leo Laporte talk about electrical outlets with USB charging ports built into them I bought one from Home Depot that has two USB charging outlets with a smart chip. I installed it in the kitchen where we charge most of our stuff, it works great and very convenient.
I charged the unit and then charged my iphone. I was so disappointed when the charger died after one phone charge. I didn’t have time to get the unit replaced before we were to leave for the next baseball tournament so I plugged the unit in again and let it charge up one more time. I was very relieved to charge two iphone 4S at the same time from 20% to 100% and than an ipad from 35% to 100%. The unit has never had that problem again.
We used our iphone maps to get around to all the different baseball games in Atlanta Georgia and it really drains your phone battery quick. The Jackery gave us freedom the from a wall or car outlet to enjoy the games and keep everyone at home up to date on the games progress. We loaned the Jackery to one of the team moms who’s phone went dead.
In the Atlanta airport there were people everywhere plugged into any outlet they could find to charge their phones. My son and I charged our phones in our pockets in the airport and my wife charged her phone on the plane with the Jackery.
The Jackery kept all our equipment charged without any problems and with extra juice to spare. My kids are still using it around the house when their batteries low and their moving from room to room.
The unit is big, it’s about as long, a little wider and three times as thick as a iphone but it’s not bad. I put a large rubber band around it to keep it, my phone and cable together
And now for an update, 7-17-15. I’ve been using my Jackery Giant for two years with no problem, well almost no problems. My problem early on was the thing was never charged when I needed it. My kids always had it plugged into their phone and forgot to charge it when they were done. My lectures and pleas fell on deaf ears so come Christmas time I knew what everyone was getting from me. I bought my wife and kids the smaller 5200 mAh Jackery. Problem solved, well mostly, I keep mine charged up and ready to go and my sneaky kids know it. They still use mine when theirs is dead. Oh Well.
My Jackery Giant has been a real word warrior, it has received an incredible amount of abuse and still works. This thing has been dropped 6+ times from chest height in the dirt, asphalt and concrete. It survived a flight of 12+ feet to the asphalt when it flew out of a cooler I slung over my shoulder. Oh how the stomach drops when you hear something electronic hit the asphalt.
The plastic on both ends are chip and broken. The plastic on button broke for good yesterday after a crash, so I pried it off. Now I use a pencil or something small to reach in and turn it on. The incredible thing is with all the abuse it still works like it did when it was new.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought it from Amazon.Read more