Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

Jackie & Me (Baseball Card Adventures)
Format: Paperback|Change

on May 13, 2013
Every year I make a point of revisiting the kid in me by reading one children’s book. After seeing the hit movie “42” about the legendary Jackie Robinson I wanted to learn more about the man who broke baseball’s color barrier. Then along came Dan Gutman’s Jackie & Me, one of the best children’s books this reader ever read. This tale of a boy who travels back to 1947 to meet Robinson – and in the process learns firsthand what it was like to be a person of color in late 1940s America – hits a home run right out of Ebbets Field. Jackie & Me is about making dreams come true, about perseverance, about a time when tough, gritty men with zany personalities played their hearts out in dusty little ballparks... Gutman chalks up a never-to-be-forgotten history lesson in an entertaining yet meaningful way. Whether you’re a kid or a kid at heart with a hungering for heroes, Jackie & Me should be part of your reading lineup.
on August 21, 2017
Great
on July 18, 2013
I have always done a lot of reading and enjoy TRUE STORIES especially. So far I have found that most of the True Crime writers are a group of their own and all of them are very good at what they do. The books at Amazon are very good books and most of them are quick reads.
on April 17, 2016
Purchased these books for a 4th grade teacher.
on April 11, 2009
Jackie & Me (Baseball Card Adventures) This is a wonderful story that you can share with your child. My daughter's 5th grade class read this book and I purchased a copy for each of the reading groups to share. Share an adventure, share a story, share a book. Read with your family No Matter What The Age!
on March 11, 2014
Jackie Robinson is well known and the first African American to break into the major leagues. He was also a heckuva guy, and this adventure tells you why. He was a better man than I am, because he was able to simply stand on his record and let his actions endear him to his teammates, and then to the public at large. I'd probably have killed somebody, but as I said, he was a better man. Stosh not only meets Jackie, but he also gets to experience being a black kid back in the day when, frankly, you were better off not being one. (I know, you're still most likely better off as a caucasian, but it was worse. A lot worse.) Somebody had to be the one to stop putting up with the nonsense, and like Ms. Parks on her bus a few years later, Jackie Robinson was just the man to do that. Good book. Worth the reading.
on December 30, 2014
Dan Gutman series for any youngster playing little league.
on July 26, 2014
This was a great story - entertaining ( my grandson couldn't put it down) plus we learned something! I would definitely recommend this book for young boys.
on April 25, 2013
My son loves these books - has some historical accuracies, but interesting enough to hold attention! Book came as described! Great purchase!
on February 8, 2007
I purchased the book as a gift for my children. They love the series and have all of them. I highly recommend the series. It engages the minds of the readers in a fictional, imaginative way for those avid baseball lovers.