Jackie Waterproof Windproof Survival Emergency Light Storm Matches Match
|Price:||$5.85 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Windproof Matches are a simple but effective piece of kit for the outdoors.
- These windproof and waterproof matches are a camper's dream, and are great for your emergency survival kit, too.
- The matches have an extra-large head so that they are sure to light - and stay lit - every time, even when wet.
- The Windproof Matches are a simple but effective piece of kit for the outdoors. These strong-lighting matches will light even in heavy wind and rain.
- Each Waterproof Containers have 20 matches.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Bundle - 3 Items: 3 Twin-Packs 0f UCO Stormproof Matches (150 Matches)
Bundle - 2 Items: 1 Titan Stormproof Match Kit and 1 Box Titan Stormproof Matches
UCO Titan Stormproof Match Kit 2-Pack
Ohio Blue Tip Safety Matches Light On Tin Container 250 Count Made In USA NEW
UCO Stormproof Matches, Waterproof and Windproof with 15 Second Burn Time - 25 Matches 2 PACK
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$6.99||FREE Shipping||$6.99|
|Sold By||jiusheng||Carters Survival Gear||Carters Survival Gear||Non Stop Bargain||STEVE KAESER PHOTOGRAPHIC LIGHTING & ACC||Non Stop Bargain|
Brand new and high quality. The Windproof Matches are a simple but effective piece of kit for the outdoors. These strong-lighting matches will light even in heavy wind and rain. These windproof and waterproof matches are a camper's dream, and are great for your emergency survival kit, too. They are packaged in a watertight tube, with a special waterproof coating on the package, striking surface, and the matches themselves. The matches have an extra-large head so that they are sure to light - and stay lit - every time, even when wet.
Color: 3 Packs
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) The matches came at great delay.
2) The match containers are not water-tight, nor do the lids remain affixed when placed
3) The caps slide on, no threads, and not much of a friction fit either. One cap had slid OFF and released its full contents loose in the shipping bag where they could have abraded each other or rubbed against the strike surfaces furnished on the outside of some of the containers and ignited during shipment.
4) Not all the strike surfaces were adhering to their container's outside, some strips were loose in with the loose matches.
5) For the reasons numbered 2, 3, and 4 this was a dangerous shipment and probably didn't meet the safety standards of the carrier.
6) These matches are only 2.¼" inches long, so short as to be unsafe unless a person is going to ignite and toss immediately. This kind of chemical igniter tends to throw sparks, so they're obviously not long enough to hold and use to ignite anything.
7) As if #6 wasn't bad enough the coating was inconsistent in how much of it there was on the sticks, in some cases the igniting compound covered all but ¼" of the match stick.
The ad pictures make the container's color and overall look appear like the waterproof wilderness matches we've come to expect, except for the lack of a threaded sealing cap with an o-ring, and durable strike surfaces permanently affixed to the outside.
The long wait for arrival and total disregard for safety in use or storage, or even providing for the simple utility of dry storage makes me think this is a product of China (just a guess) where the only safety rules or standards are, there are no rules or standards.
So they're not protected from water, even humidity or moisture, they're too short to hold and light, the lids wont stay on making them unsuitable (UNSAFE) for a backpack or a camper drawer. That leaves me wondering why these were even produced, I'll be sending them back as unsafe. I will have to tape the lids in place so that no more loose matches get out in transit.
Consider instead something like what I'm providing a link to and get the real McCoy: UCO Stormproof Match Kit with Waterproof Case, 25 Stormproof Matches and 3 Strikers