BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

VINE VOICEon February 28, 2013
The CDs are the real value here.
These were recorded only months after JFK was killed, and you get a real sense of who Jacqueline Kennedy was and her political life.

It's like having her in your own living room and having a conversation with her.

Some of the interview questions were "softball" stuff, but that adds to the conversational tone.

It's particularly a great historical reference point for the cold war, the lead up to Vietnam, and details about the President's book "Profiles in Courage".
on October 17, 2011
I had missed the Diane Sawyer program showcasing Carolyn's book about her Mom. Seeing previews of the program, with pictures of Jackie and the President, I assumed that the CD's included would be videos. Instead they are audio tapes. Arthur Schlesinger, Jr, the interviewer, spoke very low and at times it was difficult to interpret his mumbling. Jackie's voice was also low at times and hard to understand unless I followed along in the book that was included. It might have been the fault of the machine I was using. I just inserted a disc in my computer and the voices are coming through o.k. Also the CD's can be listened to in the car. It is amazing to hear Jackie describe her experiences of the White House years in her own words. I admired her so much. She was an amazing woman and we were fortunate to have her as our First Lady. I bought 7 books and plan to give one to each of my special friends for Christmas.
on May 31, 2017
I loved this set. I listen to it in my car (CDS and books in this set) and it is a joy to listen to JK hold a conversational interview. Just amazed by here and President Kennedy.
on May 1, 2017
I thought this would be more detailed that it was, more thought provoking or insightful but it wasn't. She never discussed who she thought was responsible. In fact, the assassination itself was really not even discussed.
on May 14, 2013
I was happy to order the book, and I didn't realize that I was getting the CDs with it. Thank you very much. I like Jackie Kennedy, and I was consoled to hear her speak her version of life with Jack Kennedy in the White House. Even though she masked some of her feelings, it was very evident that she truly loved him.
on April 30, 2017
I expected better
on February 4, 2017
She sounds breathy, almost Marilyn like, ironically. Her views are dated....but the honestly brings her to life. A good glimpse into the mysterious Jackie.
on January 26, 2015
For anyone who remembers the 1960's then these conversations will have special meaning. These are fascinating--her comments on the people and the daily working of the White House are the types of things that you would never hear discussed elsewhere. I am also left with a very different impression of Jackie Kennedy--she is much more thoughtful and much more involved in the issues of the time than I ever realized. A real historical treasure!
on October 21, 2011
Absolutely amazing. You'll think you're sitting next to Jackie in the corner of a living room, chatting with her about her life. Never has she come more alive than in these 8 CD's. Her honesty and candor are remarkable, and her devilish wit was in full bloom. Best of all, it's not 'polished' (scripted) - often times, she struggles to get her memories into words, somewhat stumbling along until she's gotten it right. You can hear her light her cigarettes, ice cubes tinkling in a glass, and even John and Caroline running around in the background. Caroline Kennedy made a remarkable decision not to edit one single word.
on October 16, 2011
I have always been interested in the Kennedy clan and read, watch, and listen to all information contributed by the media. I have always felt empathy for Caroline and her late brother, John Jr., when they lost their father at such a young age.

The first time I remember being affected by some world event was when JFK was assasinated. I remember getting ready for my younger brother's 2nd birthday party and I distinctly remember my mother not being able to get the icing for his elephant cake to set correctly. Then we heard on the television that JFK was assassinated. I was only 6 years old at the time and could not move away from the television set.

When I heard about this book coming out, I just knew I had to purchase it and immediately went online to Amazon. The book arrived very quickly and although I have not had time to get into it or the CD's, I am looking forward to sitting down with both in the near future.