Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on January 7, 2012
The helicopter is very easy to fly compared to the other mini-RC 'copters we've tried. It takes off very smoothly (the others we tried spin out of control for a second or two). It is very stable when hovering. It seems pretty durable -- we have crashed it into the ceiling, walls, legs, chairs etc and nothing has broken yet.

The combat part of the set is quite frustrating though. The base unit is too powerful. It can hit the helicopter even bouncing it's beam off the wall. The helicopter on the other hand has to be pointing directly at the base to get a hit -- even then it only hits sometimes. He have tried battles where someone holds the helicopter in their hands to aim, and still the base unit will win. The only good way to shoot the ground unit is when it is facing away from the helicopter (which doesn't happen much unless our 3 year old is in control).

All in all though, it's a very fun and worth the money. We have fun inventing ways to handicap the base unit (perhaps not as much fun as if that were fixed in the units).
on January 21, 2012
I bought this as a Christmas present for my brother (31 years old). He has a 2 year old son that is dexterous enough to control some play-station games. Not well but he has fun anyway. I figured they could play together my brother flying the helicopter and my nephew shooting him down with the turret. The product takes about 40 minutes to charge About the same time as an Italian dinner, and then the shooting begins! I would say my nephew wins about half the time. The fun lasts just long enough that his attention span is drained with the batteries. Very cool.
on January 13, 2015
Great toy and a lot of fun. Everyone, (young and old alike) wants to take a turn. Only problem I have is helicopter is a cheap material but we've all crashed it plenty of times and its still in proper working order.
on May 4, 2012
This toy is amazing it has a gyro control helicopter that works better than most other helicopters that cost over $30 and the base works perfect and has a auto-pilot feature so you can play by your self. The base also works with battle machines cars.
on January 25, 2013
flew it once to test it before giving it to my son.When I gave it to him a day later the heli remote wouldn't come off charge.Can't get it to work.
on January 4, 2012
I purchased this hoping that my two boys could play together. My older son really enjoys flying the helicopter, but the missile base doesn't serve much purpose. It is hard to tell when a "hit" is scored, so it isn't much fun to battle. Thus, it ends up an overpriced helicopter.
on December 30, 2011
I gave this toy to my 9 year old grandson. He needed some help in setting it up, but after that he learned to fly and land without help, and we only had to get off the roof one time.
on January 18, 2012
Both my Grandboys loved this helo and ground laser. It kept them busy for hours. A bit challenging to assemble, but the helo was somewhat easy to fly right off.
on December 11, 2011
This is one of the best RC helicopters I've bought. Compared to some of the others on the market this one is really easy to fly. Out of the box my 8-year old could fly it and a 6-year old friend learned in about 15 minutes. Guns are a cool addition and the battle aspect I think helps motivate kids to quickly master helicopter control.