& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Liberate the People, Topple the Dictator - Engage in a massive non-linear ground campaign to free the oppressed people of the gorgeously-rendered fictitious country of Arulco, assembling your own motley crew of mercenaries to get the job done.
- Become a Complete Commander - Can you master the intricacies of RPG-like character development, a challenging economy and the logistics to keep your troops supplied - and strike at the right time with the right skills and proper weapons?
- Think Through Strategy, then Watch your Plans Unfold or Crumble in Real Time - An innovative "plan & go" combat system combines turn-based planning with dynamic RTS execution.
- Misfits and Section 8, to the Front of the Line - Assemble your own combat squad from over 60 unique mercenaries, each with a detailed personality profile, including likes, dislikes, strengths, weakness and character flaws.
- The More the Merrier - A Simultaneously control multiple squads to flank the enemy from multiple sides as you try your hand at advanced combat tactics.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
First the good:
The new combat system works well (though I do still prefer turn based). It's fun and does require strategy.
Has much of the old school feel in terms of characters and play style.
Graphics are decent but to be honest in this type of game they just aren't that important. (not cutting edge graphics)
Same feel of outfitting militia and you can equip them with guns and armor of your choosing.
Now the bad (I'm to the point where I'm just going to stop playing and hope they patch these; they ruin the game).
Mercs can't carry enough to move. They run out of stamina almost instantly and sometimes waiting for days doesn't do any good. I know there is a mechanic somewhere built in but this is just silly having to walk around when not in combat. Out of combat you should be able to run all over the map without issue and this is mainly due to the next point.
NO sector inventory management. That's right, if you want to pick up all the equipment on the field after battle you have to send individual mercs to (usually) walk around the map and pick it up then sort it by trading between them or sticking it in a drawer/cabinet. You should have another map option like the old JA where you could move stuff between sectors in bulk and equip your militia. This would help a great deal to make the game better.
Speaking of militia...they are useless except in the case where you have mercs in the sector to guard it and even then they only act as sponges to soak up bullets and die while you're mercs kill the invading troops off.Read more ›
I want to make something clear. I'm not against steam, I'm against being ambushed into using it.
Publishers and developers take note... When I pay for software I expect a certain amount of ownership. This means when the product reaches me it better have all I need to install and use it. If it doesn't then state that clearly in your add.
1) The ALT key is your friend. Unlike the early JA games, you can rotate the map! As well as zoom in and out with CTRL or the mouse wheel. Do like I did and pop out that annoying Windows key on your keyboard and then you are set (should have been a check box to disable or disable by default).
2) Once you secure an entire zone, you need to loot every solid green file folder and search every nook and cranny with the highest perception mercenary you have. Then the extremely innovative inventory system allows you to pick up, sell, outfit, and trade map zone wide regardless of where your characters are in the zone. If the items are RED then you still have an objective on the map to take out.
3) Night begins at Midnight (should be 9pm-10pm).
4) Upkeep is gone! (that's a good thing). Everything is a one-time purchase, with no long term budget planning.
5) This review is based on the latest patched game which is very good!
6) Pay attention to every nuance of a map. After playing awhile you can tell they have paid close attention to every hill, bump, and placement of cover. Very well done.
7) Early on, secure as many places as possible to bolster your income.
8) Stats matter! Don't just focus on Marksmanship! Luckily most characters have high stats already. You can also use your highest stat merc for tasks, like perception for searching and the strongest for carrying extra gear.
9) You get experience by killing enemies, finishing quests, AND using skills.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fun turn based style warfare. My dad loves it. He enjoys the war games but can't keep up with today's real time games so this is perfect for himPublished 12 months ago by Jason
After patching, the game is quite good. Fun and challenging. Still some tweaks to be made, but I love this series and look forward to the next installment.Published on July 20, 2014 by David
It was sent to me in as little as 5 days . and It loaded just fine thank you ! I just finished playing the hole game .Published on May 6, 2014 by Mark Lemmons
It is nowhere close to the first 2 games. It is awkward and time consuming to try to play... wasrw of money.Published on April 15, 2014 by William S. Matthews
If you really like the original, this is nothing like it. Very very dissappointed. Returned it after first 5 minutes. It was that bad.Published on April 14, 2014 by Tony Infante
At first I like the game, then little by little the details or bugs started to get to me.
The A.I. will know where you are wherever you go, once spotted. Read more
I just bought this game , I live in the country and cant get internet at home. to use4 this game you must go on line
atleast to install steam and sign up I don't know abouit... Read more
Yes, it is a little different from previous JA games, but aren't improvements supposed to be better? This has a real tactical feel as far as timing is concerned. Read morePublished on May 8, 2013 by AwareWolf
This game requires steam which means you will not own it and will require you to give personal information to an unsecure third party software company it will also pop up everytime... Read morePublished on March 28, 2013 by Todd Wood jr.