Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Format: Video Game|Change

on October 21, 2015
This is a game on the PS2 that rivals other platforming greats like Mario and Sonic! Jak and Daxter The Precursor Legacy has some great platforming, as well as a fun story, good gameplay, great presentation, and generally good level design. Jak and Daxter has really simple, yet fun gameplay that is pretty unique. Jak and Daker both combine their personal skills to traverse their world, and it's really fun. There are many side quests involving getting power cells from NPC's, basically jiggies or stars from other platformers. It's pretty cool. Daxter is also a highlight, since he is just fricking hilarious. This game in total is just a fun time, that's great for all ages!
on August 22, 2017
This was the first ps2 game ever to have this cool "mojo" of a village and adventure, the theme of sections changes though out the game, and the graphics were purely as it was when I was a kid. Also, it is also the first game to inhibit a special progarm structure, and beautiful near hd graphics, but really, this was the best game ever
VINE VOICEon September 26, 2007
You really can see the quality with Jak and Daxter: it's fun to play, it's paced really well, and it allows you about as much freedom as a "quest-based" platforming game can. I loved it from one end to the other, and even went out of my way to beat it completely.

You can see plenty of reviews that will give you the story--let's instead take a look at the gameplay. Jak & Daxter is a "platformer", meaning you spend a lot of time jumping up and down on various stair-step parts of each level. The monotony is broken up by side quests: for example, helping a farmer herd cattle, or shooing pigeons away from a series of monuments.

There are also changes to gameplay: "end bosses" that require you to crack the pattern to beat them. There are "riding" stages where you're on a small skimmer, and even these have diversity: sometimes you're racing some bad guys, sometimes you're racing the clock. Last, you collect "Precursor Orbs" as you go, which you can trade for Power Cells, the core collectable of the game. Precursor Orbs are hidden all over the place, as are Power Cells that don't need to be bartered for--they're just waiting to be discovered. It's not easy, but the important part is, when you fail, you know why, and you feel driven to try again, just one more time. A good game makes you really feel like you've earned something that's hard-to-get, not like you had to wrestle it out of the programmer's hands. You don't have to collect every Precursor Orb, nor do you have to find every Power Cell...but if you do, you get a special ending to the game.

Probably the most important point to Jak and Daxter is that little "E" on the package: the game is rated "E" for "Everyone", and it truly does live up to that claim. It's hard for me to find games that I can enjoy, and still share with my 8 year old daughter, but she loves this game, too. It's unfortunate that the second game went in the "T" (Teen) direction--it just doesn't seem right for Jak to start using shotguns and rocket launchers--but at least we have this one, and I would recommend it for the whole family.

For the record, I played Jak & Daxter on a PS3. It ran extremely well and has no glitches or hangups.
on August 9, 2015
Jak and Daxter is a fun 3d platform game that harkens to some of the great well known 3d platformers such as Mario 64. The colors are vibrant, and the environments are eye catching. Jak is easy to control, although I can't say the same for his zoomer. Collecting the precursor orbs encourages you to explore the environment. You are not able to save any progress in your game, however, without collecting a power cell. Some power cells are easy to obtain, and some are a pain. You need to collect at least one hundred to have the good ending. You need to collect EVERYTHING to get the secret ending. I enjoyed this game so much, that I bought the Jak and Daxter sequels as well.
on December 15, 2017
We loaned out our original copy and it never made its way back to us ... and the kid liked it so much that we didn't ask him for it back! So, we needed to replace it, and since this is a PS2 game, it is very hard to find PS2 games ... anywhere. We love Jak and Daxter! Fun game. Never gets old.
on March 16, 2018
If you don't like Jak & Daxter there's something wrong with you. Like, deep in your soul. On a fundamental level you're just wrong.
on August 6, 2017
I loved this game as a young adult. My daughter is into video games and uses my old PS2, so this was a perfect addition for a birthday present. PS2 games are hard to find. So I'm happy to have this one again!
on April 2, 2017
I'm very happy to have this game back in my collection. As a streamer, I worry about the condition the games I buy online since nobody wants a "Disc could not be read" on a stream. However, the game runs smoothly, and everything was in decent condition. I'm thankful that I got the game in such good condition at a decent price.
on February 25, 2017
A great game for kids. The game has a linear storyline with a minor open world element to it. The quirky characters and the captivating storyline makes this a great naughty dog game from it's time.
on September 28, 2017
Came in original case, manual and everything included. Disk works everytime. Very very minimal scuff/scratches, you can barely see them.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.