Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 22, 2010
First a warning. This game is nothing like Jak and Daxter. The creators of that family fun game decided to aim at a different audience -- the prime gaming audience -- which is teen and preteen boys. So there is coarse language, stealing of vehicles, disrepect of authority figures, lots of gun shooting (with weapon upgrades, machine guns, etc.)... in short, everything that would appeal to a 10-14 year old boy, but not necessarily what you want your young child to be playing. So in that sense, I was disappointed with this game. I did not think it was appropriate for my children at this time. And some of the humor of Jak and Daxter has been replaced with teenage angst.

The game still is fun and extremely challenging for adults who enjoyed playing Jak and Daxter. The positive is that the game is more challenging than the original. The negative is that the game is mission-oriented, which means that instead of exploring a huge world and discovering your objectives, your play is based around accomplishing specific missions which are identified for you. It is almost like being at work (and some of the missions are like work!), but the challenge level is so high, the game definitely will keep you on your toes.
4 people found this helpful
on September 28, 2017
The disk came in amazing condition. The only part that sucks is that it has the game cover for the case but for some WEIRD reason its missing the part on the edge. Like it was printed as 2 pages and they only cover the front and mack of the case. Not the middle part that shows the title which is annoying bc i stack my game cases ontop of each other.
on August 1, 2005
I bought both Jak I and II used from Amazon over the summer. Of the two games, I think Jak II is superior in almost every way. Jak I was awfully tedious and repetitive. I haven't even finished either game yet, but over the weekend, I accidentally erased my saved game file from Jak II. I started over from the beginning and managed to get about 80% of the way back to where I'd left off in about a night. I would even say it was fun doing so. If that had happened during Jak I, I would've just said to hell with it, and given up on that game entirely.

Neither game is that difficult, but Jak II gives you weapons as well as the "Dark Jak" feature, which makes it a lot more fun than its predecessor.

I read complaints about Jak II being too violent and dark for some people. If you really believe that, then I'd be tempted to say that platform gaming is a form of entertainment that you should stay away from, as this game is an order of magnitude tamer than GTA or any one of the numerous clones that are available now.

Either way, this is a pretty fun game, but not as good as Ratchet and Clank or its sequel.
One person found this helpful
on December 19, 2017
The world of the game is absolutely great, so much fun and such a cool atmosphere. Playing it on hard kind of sucks though -- I'm not bad at video games and I have to go through many levels more times than I can count because your timing has to be so perfect. When I play Jak 3 I'll do it on easy mode and just enjoy the gameplay. Hopefully it won't be too easy?

Also, be advised that it's not a first-person shooter, so trying to aim and shoot is pretty frustrating.
on March 2, 2017
For the PS2 it looks and sounds great and i like the story, but the damn checkpoints are garbage and Haven City feels a bit too cramped especially during certain missions like getting to the stadium in under 3 minutes. Also I'm not a huge fan of the vehicles in this the handling seems off to me. But the ground gameplay is fine and Dark Jak is a nice addition. The game is not bad just REALLY difficult, especially for newcomers, but if you really want to go right ahead and play it, if you don't crack your controller first
on May 19, 2016
If you're looking for a repetitive sequel to the original Jak and Daxter (as I was, frankly) this is not for you. However, if you're willing to take a risk on a new piece of entertainment, I highly recommend buying this. Jak II may lack the quirk and simple charm of its E-Rated predecessor, but it is an excellent game in its own right, using expansive modes of gameplay and a far more intricate story than The Precursor Legacy.
on March 11, 2010
This game combines platforming, shooting, and racing. What more could you ask for? It's combined perfectly into the plot and is never tedious. The difficulty level is average, though in some parts really difficult. The aspect of stealing cars and being able to beat up anyone you want is a freedom that most games don't really have (without the violence of games like GTA - I can play Jak 2 with my little sister). The only thing that could have been fixed was going all the way across the city over and over again just to get to another mission. Overall, definitely worth playing but not the best game out there.

--EDIT--
I didn't put this in here before, but I'd like to emphasize how different Jak 2 is from the original Jak and Daxter. Gone are the lush levels with half-buried Precursor ruins, and though the city is larger, there is a feeling of freedom that is missing from Jak 2. Jak 2 is grittier and darker; Jak is completely different (HE TALKS!) and has suddenly become the tough guy rather than the cute village kid. I would still recommend the game, but please take into consideration how different it is from the first Jak and Daxter.
One person found this helpful
on December 23, 2005
This game is fun to play, hours of fun. It's not short. Some people give low rating to this game because they can't play, play Mario Bros on Nintendo instead, it's easier. If you are a beginner, don't get this game; you'll get frustrated racing and doing missions since when you die you have to kind of do everything on that level all over again. There is something I don't get,.. at the beginning is Ok, in the middle is Hard, and when you are almost beating the game it gets easier. I think it should be easy to normal, and from normal to difficult. Though, it's fun.
on April 13, 2012
This game isn't the best game I've ever played but it's one of the most frustrating and difficult ones, especially when first starting out. Luckily, Dax is along for the ride and helps you out in his annoying, yet endearing, voice. The graphics are average for a PS2 game, I've never actually enjoyed the style of art though. (The giant eyes wig me out and so do Keira's oddly angled hips.) The voice acting is okay, nothing too exceptional, and some of the voices don't exactly match up with the characters for me.

The game controls are delicious and are surprisingly smooth, especially when handling a Zoomer. Zoomers and the addition of guns to this game are what make it loads of fun. (Running people over and stealing their rides are pretty amazing activities available in the game too.)

The only bad thing about this game is the glitch located somewhere towards the races. I didn't encounter it but I've heard talk on the Interbutt about it countless times.
on April 26, 2013
I had jak 2 since it first came out when i was way younger ( Im 23 now). Then i let my friend borrowed it he scratched up, so here i am buying it again. Which i don't mind, I Love this game! i beat this game like 4 times, i would even help my friends with it. ( they would always used the book, i honestly don't like using a book to help me.) Anyways, this game is so amazing and fun even know you get pissed at certain parts,Who cares! Because its a Jak and Daxter game! Yeah some parts of the games are a bit Tedious, like trying to leave with the amulet on the docks and your surrounded by CRIMSON GUARDS!. If you haven't played the game yet , and your just now buying it now you'll see what i mean. However out of all three jak games or for 4, i forgot the racing game. Jak 2 the most magical one ever!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.