Jake & the Never Land Pirates: Peter Pan Returns
Digital Copy Included ed.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Yay hey! The most famous Never Land hero of all time is back! Before you can say, "I Can Fly!" -- Peter Pan returns to lead Jake And The Never Land Pirates on their first-ever full-length adventure. During a game of "catch-me-if-you-can," Peter Pan's mischievous shadow slips away...and winds up in the clutches of that sneaky snook, Captain Hook! Now it's up to Jake, Izzy, Cubby -- and YOU -- to help Peter rescue his shadow. Then, enjoy more excitement with five JAKE AND THE NEVER LAND PIRATES adventures. Awash with happy thoughts, swashbuckling action, new songs and never-ending fun, PETER PAN RETURNS proves good friends can do great things when they work together!
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
I found the term "full-length adventure" a little confusing; when I think of full-length, I think of a movie. This DVD comes with "Peter Pan Returns" as well as five additional episodes for a running time of 169 minutes. Their "full-length" is the televised, one-hour-with-commercials episode. It's definitely my son's favorite episode (he's almost 5 years old).
The other episodes included on this DVD are:
1. The Elephant Surprise!/Jake's Jungle Groove (Capt. Hook and Smee hide in a wooden elephant then try to steal all of the pirate crew's treasures; Izzy and Cubby have a dance party with the bongos and teach Jake the Skull and Bones Stomp)
2. The Pirate Pup!/Pirate Rock! (Jake's puppy steals Capt. Hook's boot; Capt. Hook tries to keep Jake and his friends from playing their pirate music but ends up joining them)
3. The Sword and the Stone/Jake's Home Run (Jake's sword is the key to opening a mysterious door; Jake and his friends have to get their only baseball back from Capt. Hook)
4. The Pirate Princess/The Rainbow Wand (Izzy tells her mates about the cursed pirate princess, then they find her and set her free; the pirate crew finds the pirate princess's wand and return it to her)
5. Mama Hook Knows Best!/Pixie Dust Away (This is a new episode, Capt. Hook's mother comes for a visit and wants to go on a treasure hunt, Jake and his crew follow a map to treasure, Capt. Hook steals the treasure only to have his mother reprimand him for taking something that wasn't his; Izzy loses her pixie dust, but the fairies lead them on a hunt to the Fountain of Forever to replenish her store)
This is described as a two-DVD pack; the first DVD is all the episodes and the bonus material (A game where you follow the clues to find Peter's shadow, and a sing-along, I assume with Sharky and Bones, at a pirate party); the second DVD is your digital copy.
My son was really excited to get this DVD and he's enjoying the fact he can watch it when he wants, not just when it's on Disney Junior. I also like that I can let him watch just one episode at a time, or when we need more entertainment (like on long car trips), this DVD has plenty on it to keep him happy.
The bonus features were more simple than I expected. Each episode has a Sharky and Bones song at the end, and the bonus Pirate Party is the six songs again but with words at the bottom of the screen. They include "Never Land Pirate Band", "Roll Up the Map", "Shipwreck Shuffle", "Castaway on Pirate Island", "Never Sky" and "Pirate Mom". We like most of their little songs (especially "Roll Up the Map"), so I think this is a good feature.
The other bonus feature, Yo Ho, You Ready To Find Peter Pan's Shadow?, was described as a game, so I thought it would be interactive and you would need to use the remote to follow clues or something. Not so much -- it's more like a very short episode. You just play it and it goes, and it's actually more about following Peter's shadow to find Jake's sword. In a way this is probably good; I don't exactly want him to be playing with the remote. Jake encourages his young pirate friends to get up and jump across lily pads and use their sword to help him cut vines and then trace the shape of shadows in the cavern of shadows from the "Peter Pan Returns" episode. They get some gold doubloons and Jake gets his sword back.
The bonus features are both cute, but it wasn't anything impressive and we probably won't use them much.
I think this is a decent price for a DVD, and I like how many episodes you get.
The episodes do get a bit forumlaic -- either Capt. Hook is stealing from Jake and his friends or from someone else, then they get it back. For that reason, and the bonus material, I just can't bump my review up to 5 stars; I would give it a strong 4.5 stars. Perhaps kids enjoy the familiarity of similar stories, but as the parent, it gets old. However, I like that the characters are usually trying to improve or learn something. And in the new episode about Mama Hook, although it follows their formula very close, Hook's pirate mother reprimands the captain for stealing the kids' treasure and makes him share (even though she's a pirate and it seems very out of character with a pirate, I'd rather my kids learn that even pirates share).
Long story short, I would recommend this DVD. I'm so grateful that Disney is coming up with new, fun kids' shows that still have good morals and educational value. I don't like most of the new cartoons on television. I'm also glad I can get these on DVD so I can offer my kids something they enjoy on our timing.
There is more, five more episodes. The DVD is full of action, songs, fun, and teaches good friends can do great things when they work together.
If you have a rambunctious toddler who doesn't mind a little music and adventure. This DVD could be perfect for you and your little ones!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My kids LOVE Jake and the episodes with Peter Pan in particular! A new favorite at our house!Read more