Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

81%
19%
Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on June 21, 2015
We just love this book series, my kids have adored these books since they were about a year old. We're now buying a second set for a friend's baby shower. They're a great gift to buy for others as they're a little more unusual and it's unlikely someone else will show up with the same thing.

My kids also happily eat almost anything these days and I certainly think it helps that no food was too foreign to them thanks to this series!
on September 23, 2013
I have several Amy Wilson Sanger World Snacks Books (all of which I love), and this one is no exception. The graphics are bright and interesting, allowing me to introduce this book when my son was just a few weeks old. The words are fun and have a great rhythm, which has kept him interested as he gets older. I'm able to play with accents as I read these books aloud. This is one of my son's favorite books (he's now 7 months old). It's also a small and thin board book, so it's easy for him to hold and help turn pages.
on May 9, 2017
You never know which book your baby/toddler is going to latch on to, but for our eldest, this was it. She is 13 years old now, and I can still recite it, word for word.
on February 9, 2016
One of the best board book series out there. Every time a family member or close friend has a baby, we buy at least 4 of the different books by this author. They're super fun for parents to read, especially since some of the board books on the market are ho-hum.
on November 18, 2014
My husband and I are having our first child and because of his Mexican heritage we have been calling the baby, our little Jalapeño. When I saw this I had to buy it for our little one. I surprised my husband with it and it was so fun to hear him read it to my belly. I can't wait to read it to our baby.
on October 14, 2013
"Senorita Quesadilla, cheese is melting out your end."

My favorite part. I have at least 4 of these books, different foods of course. My hopes are that as my baby grows older and is possibly finicky about food, she will remember what we read and at least try some of the pictured foods!
on September 6, 2016
I bought this for a baby shower gift. The mom-to-be loved this and the other books like it. Great find and value.
on April 9, 2007
The pictures are very compelling. Amy's mixed-media collage style appeals to the abstract yet does a good job of representing food. They don't seem to get boring after countless reads.

Moreso the writing lends itself to dramatic interpretation by the reader (me, usually) which makes them fun to read over and over. Many other authors' books become boring after a dozen or so times through and I self-select those out of the bookshelf and into the trade-in box. Not so with Hola Jalapeno.

Also, we live in the land of tex-mexican food and this is a good intro to the cuisine.
on June 9, 2015
I love these books! The rhyming makes the books flow nicely. My daughter loves that. They are informative and fun. The book is sturdy ( board book) so it holds up nicely to a toddler throwing it around.
on March 29, 2011
I received "My First Book of Sushi" as a gift at my shower, and love it, so I looked for others by this author. I really enjoy this book, as it has a nice cadence/rhymes. And I like that it mixes in some Spanish words and explains them. We also have Chaats and Sweets, and will probably by the Dim Sum book soon. Definitely a good addition to my childs book collection.