Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By James Allen
- James Allen: The Complete Collection
- J. M. Barrie: The Complete Novels
- L. Frank Baum: Oz: The Complete Collection
- The Brontë Sisters: The Complete Novels
- Emily Dickinson: The Complete Poems Collection
- Lucy Maud Montgomery : Anne of Green Gables Collection
- Jack London: The Collected Works
- PG. Wodehouse: The Ultimate Wodehouse Collection
As A Man Thinketh, by James Allen
In this classic self-help book that spawned a new era of thought, James Allen writes that a man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts.
Before The Secret and The Law of Attraction, Allen’s teachings were inspiring those who seek to better their lives through personal revelation.
“The soul attracts that which it secretly harbors, that which it loves, and also that which it fears. It reaches the height of its cherished aspirations. It falls to the level of its unchastened desires - and circumstances are the means by which the soul receives its own.”
As a Man Thinketh is Allen’s most well known book, and the inspiration behind contemporary works such as The Secret.
It Works! by R.H.J
Where As A Man Thinketh tells you why, It Works! shows you how. Three hundred pages are boiled down to ten minutes of interesting facts, a definite plan and three short rules of accomplishment.
Do not let your worldly, incredulous objective mind keep you from more prosperity and happiness than you have dreamed of.
Test the power of this baffling book that defies tradition and common thinking. Millions have tried the plan and they understand the truth that It does Work.
1. Napoleon Hill - Think and Grow Rich
2. Benjamin Franklin - The Way to Wealth
3. Charles F. Haanel - The Master Key System
4. Florence Scovel Shinn - The Game of Life and How to Play it
5. Wallace D. Wattles - How to Get What You Want
6. Wallace D. Wattles - The Science of Getting Rich
7. Wallace D. Wattles - The Science of Being Well
8. Wallace D. Wattles - The Science of Being Great
9. P.T. Barnum - The Art of Money Getting
10. Dale Carnegie - The Art of Public Speaking
11. James Allen - As A Man Thinketh
12. James Allen - From Poverty to Power
13. James Allen - Eight Pillars of Prosperity
14. James Allen - Foundation Stones to Happiness and Success
15. James Allen - Men and Systems
16. James Allen - Above Life's Turmoil
17. James Allen - The Life Triumphant
18. Lao Tzu - Tao Te Ching
19. Khalil Gibran - The Prophet
20. Orison Swett Marden & Abner Bayley - An Iron Will
21. Orison Swett Marden - Ambition and Success
22. Orison Swett Marden - The Victorious Attitude
23. Orison Swett Marden - Architects of Fate; Or, Steps to Success and Power
24. Orison Swett Marden - Pushing to the Front
25. Orison Swett Marden - How to Succeed
26. Orison Swett Marden - Cheerfulness As a Life Power
27. Marcus Aurelius - Meditations
28. Henry Thomas Hamblin - Within You is the Power
29. William Crosbie Hunter - Dollars and Sense
30. William Crosbie Hunter - Evening Round-Up
31. Joseph Murphy - The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
32. Ralph Waldo Emerson - Self-Reliance
33. Ralph Waldo Emerson - Compensation
34. Henry H. Brown - Concentration: The Road to Success
35. Henry H. Brown - Dollars Want Me
36. Russell H. Conwell - Acres of Diamonds
37. Russell H. Conwell - The Key to Success
38. Russell H. Conwell - What You Can Do With Your Will Power
39. Russell H. Conwell - Every Man is Own University
40. William Atkinson - The Art of Logical Thinking
41. William Atkinson - The Psychology of Salesmanship
42. B.F. Austin - How to Make Money
43. H.A. Lewis - Hidden Treasure
44. L.W. Rogers - Self-Development and the Way to Power
45. Douglas Fairbanks - Laugh and Live
46. Douglas Fairbanks - Making Life Worth While
47. Sun Tzu - The Art of War
48. Samuel Smiles - Character
49. Samuel Smiles - Thrift
50. Samuel Smiles - Self-Help
"They themselves are makers of themselves."
by virtue of the thoughts, which they choose and encourage; that mind is the master-weaver, both of the inner garment of character and the outer garment of circumstance, and that, as they may have hitherto woven in ignorance and pain they may now weave in enlightenment and happiness.
In a beautiful, durable volume suited to a lifetime of use, here is the all-in-one ""bible"" on how to harness the creative powers of your mind to achieve a life of prosperity-packaged in a handsome display box with a ribbon bookmark.
The Prosperity Bible is a one-of-a-kind resource that collects the greatest moneymaking secrets of authors from every field-religion, finance, philosophy, and self-help-and makes them available in an attractive, keepsake edition. This is a book to treasure and return to again and again for guidance, ideas, know-how, and inspiration.
Here is the only single volume where you can read success advice from Napoleon Hill, P. T. Barnum, Benjamin Franklin, Charles Fillmore, Wallace D. Wattles, Florence Scovel Shinn, and Ernest Holmes-along with a bevy of million-copy-selling writers who have one key element in common: a commitment to understanding and promulgating the laws of winning.
These are the beloved teachers and writers who created the idea of a mental formula for success. Their principles, comprehensively collected in nineteen selected writings, have been proved in the experience of millions of men and women who have cherished their works from the late nineteenth century to the present day. Now they are enshrined in this all-in-one treasury-complete in a handsome display box with a ribbon bookmark.
As himself Allen describes, “It shows how, in his own thought-world, each man holds the key to every condition, good or bad, that enters into his life, and that, by working patiently and intelligently upon his thoughts, he may remake his life, and transform his circumstances. …and it can be carried in the pocket.”
1901 - From Poverty to Power
1902 - As A Man Thinketh
1903 - All These Things Added
1903 - Through the Gates of Good or Christ and Conduct
1904 - Byways to Blessedness
1904 - Out From The Heart
1907 - Poems of peace; including the lyrical dramatic poem Eolaus
1908 - The Life Triumphant - Mastering the Heart And Mind
1909 - Morning And Evening Thoughts
1909 - The Mastery of Destiny
1910 - Above Life's Turmoil
1910 - From Passion to Peace
1911 - Eight Pillars of Prosperity
1911 - Man-King of Mind, Body and Circumstance
1912 - Light on Life's Difficulties
1913 - Foundation Stones to Happiness and Success
1913 - James Allen's book of meditations for Every Day in the Year
1914 - Men And Systems
1915 - The Shining Gateway
1919 - The Divine Companion
James Allen’s revolutionary book on the power of thought, combined with the bonus book Mastery of Destiny
Originally published in 1903, James Allen’s As A Man Thinketh reveals the fundamental truth of human nature: “A man is literally what he thinks.” Allen’s deceptively simple principle has changed the lives of millions of readers, making As A Man Thinketh a classic bestseller for decades.
Allen explains that our character, identity, ability, and success are all determined by the thoughts in our minds. Instead of finding ourselves victims of the world, there exists within each of us the ability to shape and define our own destinies. Finances, health, social status, and success are all external manifestations of the thoughts that populate our minds. Allen offers his readers an opportunity to seize control of their minds and in doing so create the lives they’ve always imagined.
This new edition combines As A Man Thinketh with another of Allen’s companion works, Mastery of Destiny. In Mastery of Destiny Allen shows that the natural progression of human evolution is away from the evil that results from ignorance and towards ultimate good. Combined in one volume, these two books offer a revolutionary outlook of empowerment.
Other Books in the GPS Guides to Life Series:
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Dr. Joseph Murphy
1. As a man thinketh
2. From Poverty to Power
3. The Way of Peace
4. All These Things Added
5. Byways to Blessedness
6. The Mastery of Destiny
7. The Life Triumphant
8. Eight Pillars of Prosperity
9. Foundation Stones to Happiness and Success
10. Above Life's Turmoil
11. From Passion to Peace
12. Man-King of Mind, Body and Circumstance
13. Light on Life's Difficulties
14. Men and systems
15. The Shining Gateway
16. Out from the Heart
17. Through the Gates of Good
18. The Divine Companion
19. Morning And Evening Thoughts
20. James Allen's book of meditations
21. Poems of peace
A pioneer of the self-help movement, author James Allen’s most famous title is As a Man Thinketh. This book offers the keys to personal responsibility and freedom. When you understand that what you think influences what you become, you can learn to adjust your thought life accordingly.
In Allen’s classic work, he writes a fascinating exploration of the connection between mind, body, and action. Using the metaphor of a garden, Allen teaches the reader how to weed out the negativity and plant useful, positive thoughts in the mind instead.
Among the powerful lessons found in this book:
- The effects of thoughts on the body and health
- How thoughts influence purpose
- How thoughts influence achievement
- Calmness of mind influences growth and success
You will become as small as your controlling desire, or as great as your dominant aspiration.
As A Man Thinketh By James Allen was originally published in 1903. One of the original classics of the self-help industry, this book remains just as popular today.
It was described by Allen as "... [dealing] with the power of thought, and particularly with the use and application of thought to happy and beautiful issues. I have tried to make the book simple, so that all can easily grasp and follow its teaching, and put into practice the methods which it advises. It shows how, in his own thought-world, each man holds the key to every condition, good or bad, that enters into his life, and that, by working patiently and intelligently upon his thoughts, he may remake his life, and transform his circumstances."
James Allen (28 November 1864 – 24 January 1912) was a British philosophical writer known for his inspirational books and poetry and as a pioneer of the self-help movement. His best-known work, As a Man Thinketh, has been mass-produced since its publication in 1903. It has been a source of inspiration for motivational and self-help authors.