- Series: James Beard Library of Great American Cooking
- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: Running Press; Revised edition (December 25, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0762406879
- ISBN-13: 978-0762406876
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 8 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,173,159 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
James Beard's Beard On Birds (James Beard Library of Great American Cooking) Hardcover – December 25, 2001
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more