Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 53 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 81 reviews
on November 20, 2013
Enough has been said about James Blake's brilliance over the past couple of years and this further confirms it. 12 tracks of sublime, soulful post-dub. The standout tracks for me are "Limit to Your Love", "A Case of You" and "Falls Creek Boys Choir", all on Side D (or Side B of the 2nd LP).
However, my only gripe is that with a total of just 12 tracks, each side featuring 3 tracks, one wonders if this could be produced as a LP instead of a double LP. Especially so, considering that a couple of the tracks here are available on his self-titled album.
Having said that, this album is a great compilation to have, but don't expect anything new here.
on September 17, 2015
I found it a challenging listen. There were some moments of genius and sections that held great promise but too much of the album, to me, sounded like someone working out the kinks and preparing rather then a finished product. I'm excited to see where he goes with this sound.

To be far, I have only given it one spin. Sometimes it takes the ear a while to really appreciate something new and unexpected.
on June 25, 2012
The first time I heard him, I HATED his voice. Then I saw a video of him playing "The Wilhelm Scream" on youtube and it finally clicked. I was hooked. He is the definition of unique... He is carving for himself a new genre all of its own. Some of the reviewers on her are getting mad cause people are comparing him to Bon Iver and/or dubstep, but that's just because there is no one like him. There is no way to label him as anything, cause there is nothing to compare him to.
With that said, this record is perfect. I love that he gives you tiny glimpses of his influences, like the more electronic sounds of "Unluck," to the the gospel influence in the closing track, "Measurements." Buy it. Now.
on March 17, 2014
somewhere in the lite dubstep, the subtle voice overs, or the somewhat gospel chorus this album made something nothing i've heard before had accomplished: it didnt feel the music was reaching out for me, it was I who had to reach some unconcioss level where all the noice, sound, and singing made sense. And it did, and what an experience it was. I only regret not giving this album a chance when it was first introduced to me.
on November 21, 2013
I bought this album and Overgrown after listening to a few of his songs, Limit to you Love, Retrograde, I love minimalist music such as Low, but this is one of my new favorite albums because of the absence of sound in the pauses between notes, That is really what makes Blake's music fantastic, while other musicians would add drums, etc in the moments of silence, Blake respects absence of sound.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2016
Although my album sleeve came damaged. The vinyl is impeccable. The Album is obviously an incredible debut LP.
on April 1, 2015
This Album is one of the best albums ever made. It has a deep resonance to my soul and my very being. I could listen to it for ages.
on February 3, 2017
amazing album always wanted on vinyl..great sound!
on December 27, 2016
Excellent artist. Talented
on March 29, 2014
I MIND - THE SONGS IS LIKE EWEWEWWEWEWWWEW. Have you even listened to noises like that before? This album is to music and Jesus is to the calendar. It resets it, like music is like at 3 AD now, because this album is a little older now.