James Bond 007: GoldenEye - Nintendo Wii
|Price:||$37.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$12.00 (24%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
James Bond 007: GoldenEye
Activision GoldenEye 007 83721 PC Games
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, with the release of "Goldeneye" for the Wii, I simply had to have it. The original "Goldeneye" on the N64 was the game that really got me hooked on the genre, so when I first heard it was being remade, I knew I would have to get it.
I'm glad I did.
The game is really good. I really liked how it all felt so familiar, yet different at the same time. The story was tweaked just a tad to fit more with the times, but it still followed the story of the movie and the original game pretty closely. I loved coming across something that I remembered so fondly from the original game.
I will say that the only thing I didn't really like about the game was the controls with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck. I ended up having to buy a Classic Controller Pro to really have fun with it. If you are used to using the Wii Remote in first person shooter games, this probably won't be an issue for you...but if you enjoy using a standard controller for your FPS games, then know that the Classic Controller Pro does a great job of controlling this game.
Overall, this is a must have package for any FPS fan and any Wii owner.
- Call of Duty gameplay. I'm not implying that GoldenEye copied CoD, but the gameplay is very similar. It's a pro because the gameplay works very smoothly, but it's quite disheartening to see nothing new brought to the table.
- Nice action packed campaign.
- Some interesting multiplayer modes
- Split Screen (why have console games been getting rid of this?)
- One of the best FPS on the market for the Wii...which is unfortunately not saying very much.
- Nostalgia. (I wouldn't know, but I'm sure this will bring back pleasant memories for the fans of the original)
- Gamecube controller is surprisingly good for FPS games.
- If you are a FPS veteran, you will gain very, very little from playing this game. Campaign does nothing new or interesting, and multiplayer is the same shallow system we have seen done repeatedly on the PC.
- Slow frame rates. There are times during the the game when the game becomes sluggish, mainly when there are a lot of enemies. This also occurs during multiplayer. When I buy a game for a console, I expect it to be perfectly smooth.
- Short campaign. Finished probably less than 5 or 6 hours.
I can really only recommend this game to those who are fans of the FPS genre but are limited to playing on the Wii, for whatever reason. Even then, games like Black Ops, or Modern Warfare Reflex should still be much better choices. While GoldenEye has a very stylish and fancy cover and UI, the game itself is very bland and presents nothing new to the table FPS veterans have already seen. It's campaign is fun enough, but the Call of Duty series have much more intense campaigns with more interesting multiplayer, which make it very difficult to recommend GoldenEye to most gamers.