Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

James Durbin, Artist Extraordianaire, from A to Z

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 413 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2011, 1:15:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2011, 1:17:09 PM PDT
In what universe is it NOT offensive to call another human being an "idiot"?'Oh....I forgot ....in the glittery world of Planet Fierce...everything gets a pass

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2011, 1:45:28 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 2, 2011, 1:47:14 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 1:49:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2011, 1:54:58 PM PDT
carolb57 says:
Huh????? What is offensive about this post:

"Ha! Ha! If Vanessa Redgrave (Clare) can call her grandson, Christopher Egan (Charlie), an idiot in "Letters to Juliet" I don't see what is so offensive about responding to an even more offensive post that way!

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 7:09:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2011, 8:59:43 PM PDT
Natalie says:
DurbinRock James Durbin
Tune-in to @VH1 tomorrow morning at 9/8c to watch my LIVE performance. #VH1Buzz

My DISH Network Channel is 162. The show is Big Morning Buzz Live 8 - 9 AM (CDT)
Guests are Actor Billy Bob Thornton; Nickelback; and singer James Durbin

Nickelback and James both have album releases November 21

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 8:49:25 AM PDT
carolb57 says:
I really liked Nickelback's video for "When We Stand Together." Could see it as a theme song for President's Obama's campaign. James did pretty good in his interview. "Love Me Bad" sounded different being played live, going from low notes to high notes without much of a transition. Was good exposure for James. Wonder if it gets repeated like so many other programs on VH-1.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011, 9:12:20 AM PDT
I heard that Nickelback song on the radio the other day...loved it

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011, 9:17:20 AM PDT
carolb57 says:
Me too! And the video is really well done. They said the filming was scary because the helicopter doing the filming kept coming over the hill quite close to where they were playing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011, 9:34:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2011, 9:37:28 AM PDT
Natalie says:
James seemed so serious in the interview, but maybe too early in the morning for him - I think he's said in previous interviews he's a late sleeper, or a sound sleeper and hard to wake up or something. The acoustic performance seemed very low-key, but really nice to see him with his band - and I still love his voice.

On Twitter, he was much more goofy and animated than the interview and performance in the studio. :)

DurbinRock James Durbin
Getting ready for @VH1 #VH1Buzz with @CarrieKeagan! It's the 1st time you, the fans, get to hear the band perform!!! Party on!!! #MOABD
5 hours ago
------------------------------------------------
DurbinRock James Durbin
On the set doin soundcheck..almost ready!!! Who's gonna watch?? #VH1Buzz

yfrog.com/gzfo5jcj
3 hours ago
----------------------------------------------------
DurbinRock James Durbin
The *stuff* they make me do lol! I hate heights!!!

yfrog.com/gz83266996j
3 hours ago
------------------------------------------------------

DurbinRock James Durbin
I rock cheese on my head, but don't call me a cheese-head! Rockin' the @VH1 office! #VH1Buzz #MOABD #TanleyCup

yfrog.com/h2qu1zuj
3 hours ago

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 10:02:59 AM PDT
I missed the show MMM...unfortunately I am at work till 8 tonight...long day...only 2 and half short weeks till Jame's album drops!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011, 10:52:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2011, 11:27:28 AM PDT
Natalie says:
http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/705131/james-durbin-performs-love-me-bad.jhtml#id=1673645

Here's a link to the performance. Maybe you can watch it tonight.

He sounds very hoarse, like he's about to lose his voice - maybe it's just the early morning hour and a late night performance last night.

Angela
imaginebttrfly Angela
#DurbinRock fans RE: tonight - Private corporate event. I hadnt heard of him before today. Dont know song titles, but love what I heard!

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 2:38:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2011, 3:43:43 PM PDT
Natalie says:
iTunes Update for Nickelback, Daughtry, and Durbin....

(All Music) Albums (all to be released 11-21)
93 ~ James Durbin
103 ~ Nickelback
193 ~ Daughtry

(Rock) albums
15 ~ James Durbin
17 ~ Nickelback
32 ~ Daughtry

(Rock) Singles
1 ~ Nickelback (premiered their video today on VH1)
4 ~ Daughtry
25 ~ James Durbin (premiered it live today on VH1)

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 4:42:23 PM PDT
Yay!! James is holding his own:)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011, 4:18:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2011, 5:43:53 AM PDT
Natalie,
I watched the performance...James didn't sound hoarse to me but he did look very tired, low key. He looked cute though!
( sorry Nat, I let 'the cat out of the bag' this morning ,on another thread, so I'm getting even more neggies than usual...lol..)

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 8:19:46 AM PDT
Natalie says:
DurbinRock James Durbin
#LoveMeBad is @AmazonMP3's Song of the Day! owl.li/7j1aP Dload it for a reduced price and leave reviews!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011, 8:28:49 AM PDT
Natalie says:
Good morning, Rags ~

I still think he was/is getting a cold, because I've never heard him sound 'nasally', and really, he couldn't hold the high notes - a problem he's NEVER had in all the songs I've heard him sing - on Idol as well as before and after Idol. Someone at mj's said she heard several on twitter talking about him being sick. It's a shame, because he needs this promotion and he needs his voice for all these performances that are lined up. (He said EIGHT in FOUR days)

Everyone is getting more neggies than usual, but it's par for their game. Someone must have REALLY upset them lately. If so, we have done our job. :) I feel it a badge of honor that I get so many of their hits - they are nothing in the grand scheme of things, but it evidently makes them feel powerful or useful or good about themselves. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011, 8:42:40 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 25, 2012, 10:10:07 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011, 9:25:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2011, 9:45:02 AM PDT
Natalie says:
Y'know, it's just really strange (not) that there are only 10 participants in this thread, and probably no more than that in all the other threads on the Durbin forum - yet, what are the odds that up to 20 LURKERS are reading his forum just to give neggies? Right! There AREN'T that many lurkers reading these threads that 'hate' Durbin or 'us' enough to sit here and wait for a post so they can give a neggie. We know it, and they know we know it, but yet it's so important to them to make that ugly little 'statement'.

I'm happy we can give them the only pleasure and happiness they have in their sad, lonely, bitter little lives. What a waste. They could be watching Adam videos and drooling on their keyboards.

Go, James! You Rock! :)

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 10:28:29 AM PDT
James is currently at #108 on Amazon...approaching the top 100 MMM

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 10:28:58 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 4, 2011, 10:29:07 AM PDT]

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 10:29:46 AM PDT
carolb57 says:
"They could be watching Adam videos and drooling on their keyboards."

Haven't you ever heard of multitasking? Ha! Ha! I hope you know I'm kidding, because I am definitely not the neggie person. All I do is press the "yes" keys to re-open all of the posts that get closed.

"Go, James! You Rock! :)"

Only if he hasn't been out late the night before! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011, 5:55:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2011, 11:40:53 PM PDT
Gini says:
Hi Sandi, Nat and Gel ~
Sandi, I thought your post on the trash can was hilarious! It's odd that "somebody" or three others (Adam fans) want to spend their time giving neggies to people they don't like because it gives them a sense of power to try to close our posts. Our posts are not removed but just closed....we can read them at a click of a button! LOL What a waste of time but they can't seem to find something else to do! They spend their whole life on Amazon, if they don't get removed. (obsessive Adam Fans) There is one particular potty mouth on the X-factor threads that keeps getting closed by Amazon....just can't watch her mouth. It's all very transparent.

The person who sits ready to hit that no button immediately has a personality disorder filled with anger and bitterness. IMO she must be house bound with very few actual friends except for the ones she thinks she has online. The one thing we all have in common is not liking them! Good for us! #winning

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 6:01:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2011, 6:02:07 PM PDT
Gini says:
Carol ~
I don't believe for one moment you open my post or any of the girls on this thread. I don't know who your trying to convince.
Brenda

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011, 6:20:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2011, 6:21:24 PM PDT
carolb57 says:
Gini, is that YOU? What has happened to you, my friend? Oh, I guess you have decided that I'm no longer your friend? I do NOT do neggies--never have and never will. I open the posts that are closed so I can read them and give them a yes vote but when there are over 20, my one yes vote doesn't do much good.

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 6:47:10 PM PDT
Natalie says:
http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/11/04/james-durbin-video-shoot-solo-band/

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.noisecreep.com/media/2011/11/20111021-dsc7075-photo-by-nikola-dupkanic.jpg

"We shot the video for 'Love Me Bad' in dry lake bed out in the desert of Barstow, Calif. We were like 90 minutes away from Las Vegas and it was a day full of rock 'n' roll debauchery. I accidently blew up a 1971 Dodge Charger by driving it too hard! The hood was on fire and there was smoke everywhere. I just remember the fire department guys we had on set running towards me screaming, "Get the ........ out!" It was insane," laughs Durbin.........

(snip)

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 11:46:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2011, 11:49:32 PM PDT
Gini says:
Carol ~
It seems as long as I played the game with the other Adam Fans, everything was fine. Now that I'm friends with this group and still enjoy Adam, it seems things have changed. It must of been the company I keep. Most important....I don't care if we're friends or not. Oh yes, I gave you the one no....I thought you would enjoy it...you don't seem to get them on FYE! ;) Brenda
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  413
Initial post:  Oct 22, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Memories Of A Beautiful Disaster
Memories Of A Beautiful Disaster by James Durbin (Audio CD - 2011)
4.5 out of 5 stars (139)