Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Jamie's Food Revolution: Rediscover How to Cook Simple, Delicious, Affordable Meals Hardcover – October 13, 2009
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
* TONS of photos. Every single recipe has photos, both of the finished dish and of the preparation. Yay!
* He doesn't just give you the recipe (add 2 onions, chopped). He walks you though the process (Chop two onions and set aside). So you can usually cook as you read the recipe.
* He tells you what to serve with the recipes, and the recipes for suggested sides are in the book. Yay!
* Many of the recipes can be easily adapted for allergen-free cooking. My husband is senstive to gluten, corn, dairy, honey, legumes, and some nuts. That's a long list, and I was still able to adapt several recipes.
* He offers recipes for all meals: breakfast food, lunch food, suppers, desserts. You could use this as your only cookbook.
* The dessert section is amazing. We generally don't eat dessert in our house...at all. I think sugar makes you want more sugar, and it's a nasty cycle. But these desserts, while clearly luscious, include a lot of healthier stuff in the preparation, like fruit and oats. And the photos depict appropriate serving sizes. They look very elegant. I'm glad I'll have something wholesome to serve when company visits.
The not so good:
* There isn't any nutrition data for the recipes
* Some of the recipes, while simple, can take some real time to prepare (fine by me, but I'm not trying to whip together dinner in a frenzy when I get home from work)
* Many of the recipes serve 2 people.Read more ›
The result is brilliant. The reader is tempted, inspired, and motivated, just as I was last Sunday, when I attempted "The Perfect Roast" on page 192. I followed the recipe to the letter and served my family a delicious roast dinner complete with horseradish sauce, p.210 and evolution cucumber salad p.114. (note to Jamie, as you suggested I improvised and added bacon bits to the cucumber salad and it was delish!)
You see, Jamie's cookbook has a challenge attached to it. He wants folks to start cooking again in their own kitchens! So... he challenges his readers to "pass it on." He asks readers to try some of the recipes in his book and then teach someone else the recipes and so on and so on and so on, you get the idea. Although I will probably skip signing that actual pledge which you can find on his website at [...] I will continue to try delicious recipes from this book and will pass them on to my friends and family.
Some of the other recipes that look terrific: Classic Tomato Spaghetti, p.43, Hardly Any Prep Shrimp Stir Fry, p.66, the entire Chopped Salad section p.120-p.125, Baked Creamy Leeks, p.123, and Pork Kabobs, p.238.Read more ›
If you are a fan of Jamie Oliver this book will definitely not disappoint, it has been my go to cook book for most of the year. It would also make a great gift for your novice cook friend or a college student. Enjoy.
Now, Jamie has come to the US, Huntington, West Virginia. His mission is to show how to prepare simple, good food, made in the home. Jamie loves cream, butter and creme fraiche in his cooking. But if we eat well made meals in moderation,you will be fine. This is a cookbook for anyone, from the newbie to the most experienced. I love and collect cookbooks and this one is going to be used very often! Jamie hopes that once we know how to cook simple, economical, delicious meals that we will pass this knowledge on, and there is pledge to sign at the end of the book, if you are so inclined.
Upon opening this cookbook, you will be surprised to find the most wonderful photographs of the entire process of a recipe. The photographs lure you in and then the organization of the recipe makes it easy to complete. He starts off with a picture of the Essentials in every kitchen, and then we see a list of those essentials. What makes a meal? Jamie shows us and the book is organized around that question. We see pasta, stir-fries, curry, stews, roasts, and desserts. Twenty minute meals is a popular feature and even though that may extend to thirty minutes,it is delicious! Sweet and sour pork was my first recipe and it is so good and easy to prepare. Jamie's macaroni and cheese with cauliflower and crusty top, yum, yum. Various rice dishes and each recipe comes with photos to show the steps and the finished product.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
the wife loves this one too! another great gift for the healthy cooking enthusiast.Published 4 days ago by letmebefrank
My wife loves to cook. The first meal she made out of this was ridiculous. Great simple, but rich and delicious dishes.Published 2 months ago by Jdog
Help me a lot on cooking as I am an idot to cook.Published 2 months ago by Joanna Dover LEE WAI CHUNG
One of the best cookbooks out there for simple tasty things YOU WILL ACTUALLY MAKE. This is how people really cook - not something pretentious to have on your kitchen counter that... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Steve-o
Fantastic cook book. Everything I have made so far has been easy, fun and tasted great. Especially the stews.Published 5 months ago by Rob
Good book. I am using it constantly. But several pages were torn off.Published 5 months ago by Santiago Tribaldos
I'm a lazy cook who always thinks of reasons to buy prepared and processed food: kitchen too cluttered, dishes to do, a pitiful pantry from which to select, urgent places to be,... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Mackie