Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: JanSport Spring Break Classics Series Daypack
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on September 15, 2010
I bought this exact bag in the beginning of my 9th grade year in 1999. No joke, this bag lasted me 11 years and if it wasn't stolen out of my car, probably another 11. It made it through high school, college and everything else I needed it for. I wasn't upset my iPod was stolen, or the $80 cash, I was mad that my bookbag was! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. It will LAST you! Bought a new one today and I'm upset that it's gonna be 2021 before it's as comfortable as the old one :(
on July 25, 2006
This is your pretty average backapack. I bought it for school, and when it arrived I realized it was much smaller than I anticipated (which is really my fault for not checking the dimensions). If you need a backpack that is functional and will carry a decent amount of books, I reccommend this product. However, if you are trying to carry around a library for school, which is what I'm having to do, I would look for something a bit bigger.
on December 23, 2011
A couple of things to be aware of when purchasing this backpack: it is smaller. The straps are also slightly more narrow and shorter than a typical "adult" sized backpack. Its really difficult to tell from some of the photos. Its slightly smaller than the LL Bean Original Book Pack ( @ 1404 cu in for the LL Bean) and the straps are smaller.

Ive uploaded two photos, one comparing the webbed straps on the Jansport (black) and the LL Bean Deluxe Bookpack (print) so you can see the size difference.

This pack is the perfect size for me. It'll carry all of my essentials, a pair of sunglasses, a pair of reading glasses (which I have to carry these days) and two cell phones. It'll also carry my flip camera and a few misc extras. I didnt want the next larger pack because I knew that one would be too big to carry around day to day for things like shopping and going to the grocery store.

I'm an average sized adult woman (about 5'8") but I don't think this pack would work for someone much taller than I am. I adjust the straps all the way out and it hangs a little lower than my middle back. It would be shorter on someone much taller. The padding is also closer to the top of my shoulder than under my arm, which I like actually.
review image review image
on April 1, 2009
Well, let me start off by saing I am a mom of 3 school aged boys and one busy toddler. I purchased 11 Jansport backpacks and that was by no mistake.

My oldest son could use a mediocore book bag and make it last for a few years. My middle son, forget about it, he can go through 3 backpacks in one year. HUH, $20 here, $25 there, $20 again. One year, It looked as if my son had dragged his bookbag across the ground with his brothers skating on it, Or, lets say it looked as if it was tied under the bus with a watermelon in it and guess what it burned through the bag. YOu get the picture. This went on for 2 years. I wanted to make sure his next year wouldn't be the same. SO.... I thought, you want quality, and you don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. HMMMM! $40 that's not bad, but will this bag last?

It's 2 months before the end of the school year, and I must say this backpack will last not just next year but for another 3 years to come. It looks brand new. I am so Proud of him, also myself for getting on the ball fast. The color of his is Hamster Brown, the material worried me because it doesn't seem like the same durable material like the older Jansport, Yet, it seems sturdy, able to take some damage and come out the winner. The straps are a little stiff at first but are quickly broken in, the back support is great and the simplicity of one front pocket and one big pocket makes it easy to locate items in your backpack. Being waterproof or atleast it seems to be, in the light rain, my kids books don't get wet. I couldn't ask for more in a bag.

My older son who isn't hard on bags is still taking care of his backpack and it looks marvelous. I'd say his could last another 5-6 years. The Color of his is Thai Pepper.

My little Man who is just a bud, also is great on bags, his backpack is looking marvelous as well at only 2 months left. Not a scratch or missing thread. His bag is Blue and Black and will last I am sure.

Being a Frugal MOM of four, I wanted a QUALITY bag that I was sure would last for more than one year. I remembered the quality bag I purchased for myself in HighSchool and Jansport was it's name. I feel blessed to be able to provide not only one of my boys with the same, but all of my boys with the name I love and trust on their backs. The other Bags, they are waiting for them. Hey I said I was frugal, I had coupons, so I stocked up. LOL!
on May 2, 2008
I think this is the first back pack to last two whole school years! I bought this for my 8th grader. It's a good size, has roomy front pocket. Most importantly it has stood up to wear and tear very well. I will buy this again.
on August 5, 2013
I've owned many Jansport backpacks over the years. All have been durable enough to serve as book bags for school. I purchased this one for my son (he's starting fourth grade) and am extremely disappointed. At $30 it should be much more durable, with heavier canvas, better stitching and quality zippers. I wouldn't pay $10 for it.

Holding it for five seconds is enough to tell it's not well made. The zippers are sticky to open and close, and they frequently grab the fabric. The canvas is incredibly thin and the stitching looks weak enough to pull apart by hand. There is no way this will last a month as a kid's book bag, much less for an entire school year.

I just purchased another off-brand backpack at Walmart that is twice the size, well constructed, and rugged. Jansport has really dropped in quality. Avoid this bag.
on August 5, 2009
I'm sure this is a lovely, durable backpack but I had no idea it would be so small! I'm returning it and getting the superbreak jansport backpack instead to get a little more room. It would be nice to be able to see backpacks side by side or back to back in order to compare sizes. Also seeing them on people would be nice.
on August 13, 2010
This bookbag is slightly smaller than what I anticipated, but it fits my son's school supplies just fine. The only thing that he can't fit in there is his Five-Star Binder - unless he shoves it in and fights with it. Other than that, I love the JanSport name and believe that these bags are made with quality product. Highly recommend!!
on February 27, 2010
This is a nice backpack but not as substantial as I was expecting for the price. Granted I am a bargain shopper but I will pay more *IF* it will last. And that's what I thought I was doing here but once it was in my hands, it wasn't what I was expecting. IMHO, this is just a step above the cheap character backpacks that don't even last a year but it's also twice the cost. If it lasts more then a year, I'd be surprised. My dd loves the pattern so I gave it 4 stars instead of 3.
on February 8, 2014
This is an inexpensive jansport backpack. I needed one for keeping a winter emergency kit in my truck in our severe cold and snowy Minnesota. This pack is made in Thailand of 600 denier nylon and has a 1300 cu in capacity. I used this pack as a carry on on a flight to Daytona Beach recently. Had plenty of room for a pair of shorts, polo shirt, and a sweatshirt plus snacks and some other things. I used it at the Daytona speedway for carrying beer , snacks, and extra sweatshirt(was 39 at the track one day) into the infield area for the Rolex 24 hour race. Was a very comfortable pack and seems very durable for the price. The size of this pack is listed in the description of it here on amazon so not sure why so many are surprised that it is too small for them. I have since upgraded to a USA made pack sold by battlelakeoutdoors.com. It is a much sturdier pack with 1000 denier material and larger Ykk zippers but it is also more expensive at $70 . Very hard to find USA made packs but worth the extra money to me. Still, the jansport pack is a good buy for the price.