Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on December 23, 2011
A couple of things to be aware of when purchasing this backpack: it is smaller. The straps are also slightly more narrow and shorter than a typical "adult" sized backpack. Its really difficult to tell from some of the photos. Its slightly smaller than the LL Bean Original Book Pack ( @ 1404 cu in for the LL Bean) and the straps are smaller.

Ive uploaded two photos, one comparing the webbed straps on the Jansport (black) and the LL Bean Deluxe Bookpack (print) so you can see the size difference.

This pack is the perfect size for me. It'll carry all of my essentials, a pair of sunglasses, a pair of reading glasses (which I have to carry these days) and two cell phones. It'll also carry my flip camera and a few misc extras. I didnt want the next larger pack because I knew that one would be too big to carry around day to day for things like shopping and going to the grocery store.

I'm an average sized adult woman (about 5'8") but I don't think this pack would work for someone much taller than I am. I adjust the straps all the way out and it hangs a little lower than my middle back. It would be shorter on someone much taller. The padding is also closer to the top of my shoulder than under my arm, which I like actually.
review image review image
on August 5, 2013
I've owned many Jansport backpacks over the years. All have been durable enough to serve as book bags for school. I purchased this one for my son (he's starting fourth grade) and am extremely disappointed. At $30 it should be much more durable, with heavier canvas, better stitching and quality zippers. I wouldn't pay $10 for it.

Holding it for five seconds is enough to tell it's not well made. The zippers are sticky to open and close, and they frequently grab the fabric. The canvas is incredibly thin and the stitching looks weak enough to pull apart by hand. There is no way this will last a month as a kid's book bag, much less for an entire school year.

I just purchased another off-brand backpack at Walmart that is twice the size, well constructed, and rugged. Jansport has really dropped in quality. Avoid this bag.
on February 27, 2010
This is a nice backpack but not as substantial as I was expecting for the price. Granted I am a bargain shopper but I will pay more *IF* it will last. And that's what I thought I was doing here but once it was in my hands, it wasn't what I was expecting. IMHO, this is just a step above the cheap character backpacks that don't even last a year but it's also twice the cost. If it lasts more then a year, I'd be surprised. My dd loves the pattern so I gave it 4 stars instead of 3.
on August 13, 2010
This bookbag is slightly smaller than what I anticipated, but it fits my son's school supplies just fine. The only thing that he can't fit in there is his Five-Star Binder - unless he shoves it in and fights with it. Other than that, I love the JanSport name and believe that these bags are made with quality product. Highly recommend!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.