Top positive review
116 people found this helpful
Good roomy bag for GRAD student.
on October 15, 2015
So I have been using a messenger bag for the last year, but decided to switch back to a traditional backpack because my back has been killing me. As a grad school student I needed a bag with multiple compartments, and enough room for several heavy binders and books. I had this backpack when I was in highschool (go '04!), and I used to love it so I decided to give it a second go. I still have the old one but it's covered in Sharpie designs.
Although I just got this bag in the mail today I can say a few things. Will update the post in a few months.
1. It has plenty of room! More than I remembered. I can easily fit my laptop sleeve, 2 binders, multiple notebooks, and other misc objects.
2. The zipper is currently annoying- it gets stuck on the inner lining, but I suspect this is because the bag is brand new. Over time I imagine everything will loosen up.
3. It is very lightweight- so you are not adding extra weight on top of all the junk you have to carry.
4. I am slightly disappointed that the material has changed from the older model. It feels a bit thinner, and the bottom of the bag isn't double lined to insure extra support for carrying heavy things, BUT the bag looks to be made well, and with the company promise I'll just request another if this one breaks.
5. The straps will need to be broken in for sure. They do have an internal padding for comfort, but it all feels stiff at the moment.
6. I chose the gray- which is pretty similar to the online description image so I'm pleased. Dark enough to hide dirt, but not another black bag added to the collection.
7. A main reason I liked this backpack back then was the pencil case that still is present in this one. It's right up front (top zipper) so I never felt like I was digging for something to write with.
SO.. yes I do feel a bit dorky as this bag is clearly designed for a highschool student (not really stylish by any means), but I can already carry twice as much as my Patagonia messenger so I'm happy.
JANSPORT! Could you possibly offer your bags without the large logo smack in the middle? I think the label defers interest.