Lyft Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on August 6, 2016
This bag is completely gorgeous and absolutely huge!!!! It has so many smaller compartments and then two huge parts for books, laptops, notepads, folders, binders, ect!!!! I'm in love! The print is gorgeous and clear and so sweet! The stitching is marvelous and everything is so tough and sturdy!! I'm enchanted! Actually excited for college to start back up for once!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 28, 2013
I used Jansport throughout college and has, without a doubt, been the best investment for a Strong/Sturdy backpack that you would ever need. I went to undergraduate school and Medical School, and MANY times I carried a lot of books and the Jansport backpack was the Best at carrying heavy loads. It is not made for the laptop, specifically, yet can carry one without a problem. It does not have a special sleeve for the laptop, yet can carry everything, including a laptop.

The dimensions are not what Amazon has provided us with, yet here are the true dimensions for the 'Jansport BIG Student Backpack':

Product Features:

Lifetime Warranty

S-Curve shoulder straps
Two large main compartments for versatile storage
Front gear pocket with audio electronics organizer
Quick-find cell phone pocket on the top of front side
Stash pocket with expandable pleats on lower front side
Fully padded back panel for cushioning comfort

Detailed Product Description:

The Big Student is a durable, ergonomically-designed bag with a fully padded back panel and padded shoulder straps.

Product Specifications Size:

Large Dimensions: 17.5" x 13" x 10.12"

Weight: 10 oz

Capacity: 2100 cu. in.

Material: 600 Denier Poly

Warranty: Lifetime

Linear Inches: 40.62"

The Jansport Backpack products are GREAT! Zippers are Heavy Duty. I use small locks where the zippers meet, because the end of the zippers have little holes that allow small locks to lock the zippers. Almost all backpacks do Not have that feature. It is water-resistant. I would not submerge it in water to see if it is really waterproof, yet for almost anybody's needs it will keep everything dry inside of it. Students and Campers will find lots of room for things inside of it.

If anything goes wrong, just get in touch with Jansport, they will be more than helpful, considering it has a Lifetime guarantee, and Jansport has been around for a very long time.

Remember, it is not padded inside of it (for example, a padded sleeve for a laptop). Yet, there is padding for your back when you use the backpack. The shoulder straps are comfortable and adjustable.

GREAT price on Amazon, and I looked around! With Amazon's return policy, it is well worth a try, because you can always return it, For Free!
33 comments| 241 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 23, 2015
This is a very large back pack and holds all my books with more than enough room. In fact, I had a allergy attack one day and even stuck a cube of tissues in with the books and it was no problem. There is also storage in the front that allows you to keep your phone, and pencils in little compartments. I am including a picture so you can see the compartment and get a realistic idea of the design.
review image
on August 11, 2015
Got this as a work bookbag. Seems sturdy and spacious. No lose strings or tears. I am pleased with my purchase and like that it comes with a lifetime warranty.
review imagereview image
on September 1, 2017
I'm a freshman in high school and I bought this with the expectation that it would be able to hold my class notebooks, my pencil case, a few textbooks, gym clothes, my lunch, and other various small things like a granola bar or extra hair ties. And it does! The backpack is exceptionally well made and the design is great and it's really nice to wear. The straps were a bit stiff at first but with enough use, they became much softer and more flexible. They're also nicely padded which is very comfortable. I love how many pockets there are, it makes it extremely easy to hold everything I need. The mesh pocket on the left side of the backpack is really handy as it's the perfect size for a water bottle, so if you tend to get thirsty throughout the day this will be a major perk. I've had no problems with this bag but I'll update this review should I ever encounter any. I'd definitely recommend this product to anyone in need of a good backpack, especially for high school!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on August 1, 2016
Love these bags. I bought one for me and this one for my daughter (Grade 4). Very roomy bag. Pockets are sufficient and roomy too: frontmost pocket could hold small bottle of glue and random items; second pocket holds dictionary and Bible with 4 exercise books; topmost pocket holds pens, pencils, eraser, etc. Then I loaded up the two large sections with textbooks and notebooks and it holds all - so it will have more room when we apply timetable. The height of the notebooks and textbooks still allow for a folded sweater at the top.

Only wish they waterproof the base that sits on the floor to guard against contents being soaked if liquids spill on the floor. A rubber base on outside or plastic on inside.
on April 18, 2017
I never post reviews but I figure since I'm always using reviews to make my decision I should give back. My daughters loved the backpacks I got them and embroidered and they came out super cute happy twins girls!!
review image
on January 20, 2018
Great bag. I’ve always loved Jansport’s backpacks. This bag fits 4 of my big textbooks, plus two smaller textbooks, and there is still space in the first big compartment. The next compartment fits my five subject notebook, folder, and planner. Again, there is still plenty of space in that compartment. The next compartment has slots and a small clip, with a deep pocket. The next small compartment is around a depth of 5 inches. The last compartment fits my pencil pouch, graphing calculator, and the charging cord. Again, I can’t emphasize how much room there is in this bag. With everything I have in this backpack, there is enough space to add a lot more if I need it. I also want to mention that there it a slot on the side of the bag for a water bottle. Overall this is a fantastic backpack and very well made.
on March 7, 2017
Received this item and immediately put it into use for my son (6th grade/middle schooler). It is amazing how much stuff kids have to carry but this backpack holds it all and has a little room to spare. JanSport is a fine brand and overall this backpack is a fine product. The only negative worth mentioning is that the handle at the top of the backpack tore away from the backpack on one end the first day my son was using it. I believe this to be a simple case of a weak stitch and not indicative of some overall quality issue. I know that JanSport/Amazon would have been amazing in handling an exchange but I chose simply to sew it back together since I have the tools at hand to do so. Overall, a great bag and plenty of room for any student.
on July 7, 2017
Best bookbag ever! I do a bit of traveling, and bought this as my carry on for planes. Not only do I love it, but it certainly is a conversation starter, gets many compliments, and makes most hungry! There are two large compartments, a smaller zip up compartment on top of the bag (I store hand sanitizer, my headphones, and wallet in there for easy access), a smaller zipped compartment on the front, with a pocket inside (for snacks), and smaller compartment with a cover (I store my toothbrush or pens and pencils in there) and more room throughout it. Then on the very front of the bag you have your small zipped compartment that isn't a lot of space, but I keep my phone, tickets, or snacks in there for easy access. There's also a mesh drink holder on the side, sometimes I throw in my belt and sunglasses case in there in lieu of a bottle, it holds them great! I am 27 and adore this bag, as I adore donuts! If you're contemplating getting it, it's perfect! Do it!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.