Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: JanSport Superbreak School Backpack (Blinded Blue Block Check)
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

Color: Blinded Blue Block Check|Change
Price:$19.00 - $271.00

on January 3, 2007
It's gotta be good if 4 months of school passed and there are no rips, tears or broken zippers...especially if it belongs to one of my kids!
11 comment| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2015
This is a counterfeit product. The backpack broke after 6 months and when it was sent to JanSport for repair, JanSport notified us that the backpack was counterfeit and not under warranty.
on September 12, 2005
This bookbag is amazing. i love the whole look of it, and the style, and the fact that it can hold a lot of my books and papers and what not. It's great..thanks amazon for the speedy delivery too.
22 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2009
I've been using this bag for my commute now for about 2.5 weeks. And I have to say, so far I've been pleased with it, except for one afternoon when we got a torential downpour. The backpack is not waterproof, but I knew this before purchasing, so it's more of an observation rather than a complaint. This bag doesn't repel water much at all, and almost all of my stuff in my bag was socking wet after 15 minutes of waiting for my bus in the rain. However, during a mist or a light sprinkle, this bag is great.

I've been a fan of Jansport bags since I was little, and they have lasted me through middle school, high school, and college, and one bag had even lasted through 9 months traveling through Europe.

I chose this bag because of it's design. I wanted something simple and black, without a lot of doodads attatched to it. The front pocket is quite spacious and holds my (very fat) wallet, phone, iPod, keys, pressed power compact and a few other things. The main compartment holds my stuffed travel pillow (which does not compress down at all) an 6" x 8" x 3" hardcase lunchbox, my Kindle, makeup bag, folders and paper I carry back and forth, and when I'm not carrying my Kindle, a book, and a water bottle. My only complaint really about this bag is the lack of an outer water bottle pocket. I always have a liquid on me (I can't tell you how many times that's saved me on delayed trains) and I like it easily accessible. However, with this bag, I either have to hand carry it, or put it in my bag. This is a problem in the mornings as my bottle comes out of my fridge, and by the time I get to work, the condensation has made things in my bag damp. The lack of a water bottle pocket is the only reason this bag will not be making the cut for my back packing trip through Eastern Europe next spring. Instead, I'll be taking my other Jansport bag that's larger and a bit heavier, but has 2 outer water bottle pockets.

Overall a great bag, as long as you don't take it into the elements, and you don't mind not having your water bottle immediately accessible.
on May 23, 2015
Came in dirty,smelly,folded badly,and is flimsy with many problems.
Also, it is darker more saturated than the photos and the back buckles are not even connected.
It took a long time to come too.
I have photographs to show everything i just stated.
55 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2006
In these days and times backpacks, bookbags, etc have become so outlandish. This is a classically styled all american backpack. No bells, no whistles, just a good ole standbye bag! Hard to find now-a-days.
11 comment| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2013
Unfortunately, I believe that the backpack I received was not a true JanSport backpack. I believe it to be an imitation. After doing some research online there were several tell tale signs that indicated that it was not a real JanSport backpack. The pocket zipper, zipped in the opposite direction of an original, it was slightly smaller in size, the fabric was not the same and it did not have the "YKK" lettering on the inside of the zipper. Very disappointed.
on July 7, 2015
I've been using Jan Sport backpacks my entire life. My first one was in elementary school and now I'm 21. The problem I have has been consistent throughout all of the backpacks by Jan sport I've owned and that is the zipper getting caught on the over hanging cloth that opens the zipper. Usually you can pull it out without damaging it but this time it's completely stuck on the lip and the zipper actually seperated from the other side making this backpack completely useless. I don't usually write bad reviews but I'm on a deployment and I don't have time for trash like this to happen. I don't have time to return the product. I don't have time to wait a month for another one to make it over seas to me. It seems like a problem that could easily be fixed with a little thought put into the design.
review image review image
on July 6, 2015
I believe that backpacks are the windows to a person’s soul. For example: my buddy Elliot recently dropped 80 bucks on the North Face Unisex Slingshot backpack. The bag has a cool name and designs and some rad pockets and stuff. When you see it, you automatically think, “Wow, that dude is pretty cool”. And he is, he rides a motorcycle. I told him that him and his bag looked like tools while he was trying to show it off. But secretly, I was filled with envy, and I wanted to one up him because he’s a douche. It was a long and tedious quest to find the perfect bag. I wanted something just as cool, but not as douchey. I started by looking into JanSport bags because all the cool kids had them. I thought it was crazy how many bags they had; all those different colors and designs and stuff, but I wasn’t really digging the price tags. I thought that if I spent less than him and still got a cool bag, I could chalk that up as a win. So I turned to Amazon. I felt that my bag shouldn’t be too complex because I didn’t want to give anyone the wrong impression of my sexual orientation. So I decided to keep it simple. That’s when I found it; the JanSport Classic Superbreak bag! The price was awesome and it was black and sleek and would fulfill my needs as a college student. It portrayed who I am as a man. Classic, super, simple, and I can break things. I ordered it. I excitedly waited for two whole days (AMAZON PRIME BABY). When my wife brought it in, I felt like a little girl on Christmas morning waiting to open my wrapped Barbie doll. I tore up that box like a lion during mating season. When I pulled the bag out, I was PISSED! My wife snickered. The bag was so damn small! I thought that, 551.2 cubic inches / 25.42 liters was huge! I’m no math wizard, but those are some big numbers. I should've read the reviews. I’m 73 inches tall and this bag makes me look like an ogre with really tiny-- bag. We’re currently taking this English class that requires us to haul around a stupid amount of books that I haven’t read yet; would this bag hold up? People would think that I stole it from a kindergartner. Worst of all; I was scared of what Elliot would say. I brought it to work and what did he do? He made fun of my inferiority; my tiny, tiny bag. I was depressed. I considered hanging myself because of how inferior he and his bag made me feel. And that’s when it hit me. Even though it’s so small, it’s who I am: Classic, super, and really good at breaking things. It’s not big enough to carry everything but it tries extremely hard all the time. I embrace simplicity and that’s exactly what this bag embodies. I recommend this bag to anyone still on the same quest to self-realization. Overall, I am extremely pleased and satisfied with my tiny, tiny bag; and so is my wife.
on January 27, 2015
I purchased this bag fully believing that I was buying an authentic Jansport bag. The bag tore about 5 months after I purchased and I sent to Jansport under their Lifetime warranty. They sent the bag back to me with a letter indicating that the product was counterfeit. Very disappointed with my purchase!